Mérida Travel Answers

change location

Shopping in Merida

by karmelrenee Online Now Feb 15, 2005 at 7:40 AM

Good Day All, I will be traveling to Merida within the next 3 weeks with 3 friends. We will be staying at the La Trucha Azul. Does anyone know anything about this property? And what is a typical day like in Merida? Climate, shopping, dining? Do we need to have a car to get around? thanks

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • jdsmith500's Profile Photo

Re: Shopping in Merida

by jdsmith500 Online Now Feb 15, 2005 at 2:03 PM

karmelrenee: I was in Merida during the first week in January. I don't know anything about La Trucha Azul. When I was there, the weather was nice,but Merida is very large (more than 1 million), very crowded--many parts are utter squallor, and very dirty. There are probably some nice things about Merida, but we we did not enjoy Merida at all. We preferred Campeche. As a matter of fact, we really liked Campeche. As far as I'm concerned, Merida is thumbs down and Campeche is thumbs up. If you have a chance to go to Campeche, avail yourself. The only good thing about Merida is that it is close to Chichen Itza. Loved Chichen Itza. jdsmith500

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • ezaguryk's Profile Photo

Re: Shopping in Merida

by ezaguryk Online Now Feb 15, 2005 at 4:38 PM

Hi I love merida, it is very nice and a lot of thinks to do....and yes i recomend to rent a car, that way you can go around the paramos, very nice landcapes, also for getting for some lagoon and around. regarding shopping, the only place that i know it is the central market, were you can go and buy some artcraf, and typical deset from merida Here is a list of thinks to (you can check my merida page) Santo domingo y laguna mucubaji Venezuela de antier stone chapel worldwide highest and longest cable car to Pico espejo Trucha cultura Paramo la culata Observatory Hope that help greating Kelly

• Polskigirl's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Shopping in Merida

by Polskigirl Online Now Feb 16, 2005 at 5:10 AM

visit "Heladería La Coromoto", where will find more of 500-600 ice cream flavours.

• Re: Shopping in Merida

by WhydoIhavetosignonto Online Now Feb 17, 2005 at 4:14 PM

dunno about shopping in Merida but check out this site.. reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtm... about floods. Not sure if its near to where your going. Good luck. Have fun in Venny. We're on our way to Caracas, hope its OK there.

• Polskigirl's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Shopping in Merida

by Polskigirl Online Now Feb 18, 2005 at 6:18 AM

The more devastes area in Merida its Santa Cruz de Mora. On the way of La Trucha Azul, theres no flood. But, some troubles are now in that state, bc its difficult the gasoline distribution, many broken roads in other near states too. Hope have great time in your travel,

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Mérida