change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• monicarc's Profile Photo

day trips positano and amalfi/ravello

Sorrento 6 hours ago

Hoping to be based in sorrento next mid-march for several days and am planning, among others, one day for positano and another day for amalfi and ravello. We like strolling around, shopping, having wine, looking at architecture. Is amalfi and ravello good to group for the same day? I read you can walk (about an hour) to revello from amalfi, which we would be interested in doing.....However, it looks like amalfi and positano are on the same SITA bus line? Not sure if I should try to do all 3 in one day? but we don't want to be rushed.....I don't mind going back on the same bus the next day... thanks.

more
    • Public transport

Naples Aug 19, 2015 at 2:07 AM

I am confused about the ticket system on Unico Campania..On a single journey ticket, and also on a Settimanale 7 day ticket, how do I know how far I can travel from, say, Garibaldi ? For example, I am staying near Chiaiano metro in the north of the city....will the single journey ticket (or 7 day ticket ) cover me for the whole of the journey from Garibaldi. ?

more
    • Local transport

Pompeii Aug 13, 2015 at 8:38 AM

I know that there are a few local buses around Pompeii, but have been unable to find out where they go and when. Any info welcome.

more
    • Pompeii tour guide

Pompeii Aug 10, 2015 at 6:29 AM

Does anyone have a recommendation to an English speaking tour guide for a private tour for 2 adults at Pompeii this September. We will take the train from Sorrento, arriving at 9am.
      Grazie

more
    • refugees on Amalfi Coast

Amalfi Aug 23, 2015 at 9:04 AM

I have been hearing horror stories about the refugees and expecially about garbage everywhere. Is this happening on A.C.? I am planning a month there in April 2016

more
    • fasterdog's Profile Photo

Visit to the Amalfi Coast in October

Amalfi Aug 23, 2015 at 1:28 PM

I am hoping to visit the Amalfi Coast in late October this year. I have checked the climate, and it looks like the weather should be fine.

I'm not so sure about whether the buses and the boats and so on will be operating. And the restaurants, and so on, will they be open? Any guidance on this would be much appreciated.

more
    • Nice Hotel?

Naples Aug 19, 2015 at 6:52 AM

We will be in Naples for 6 nights to do day trips and see various sites, would like a really nice hotel to stay in close to restaurants and shopping, which hotels would you recommend?

more
    • aussolo's Profile Photo

Caseificio Barlotti Farm

Paestum Aug 9, 2015 at 7:05 PM

I will be having a day trip to see the ruins of Paestum and would also like to visit the Buffalo Farm there as well. Is it possible to visit the farm without a tour guide and also, is it possible to walk there from the ruins.

more
    • alisononthego's Profile Photo

Sorrento to Ravello

Sorrento Aug 21, 2015 at 12:08 PM

Hello, we are staying in Sorrento in early September and would like to know the best mode of transport to get from Sorrento, visiting Positano, Amalfi and Ravello please? Private taxi would be too expensive I think......? We were wondering if we could to one journey by road and the other by sea....is this a possibility please?

more
    • ngeiger's Profile Photo

Do the ferries take credit cards?

Naples Aug 13, 2015 at 8:00 AM

Trying to figure out how many Euros I need to carry around. Do the hydro ferries from Naples to Sorrento take credit cards?

more
    • Guided Visit to Pompeii and Ercolano

Pompeii Aug 6, 2015 at 8:20 AM

I will be visiting Campania region during September 25 to 28 and will like to have a guided tour in Pompeii. Will like to understand if there is any tour that get deep into the ruins. Last year I went by my own and discover that many places are closed with a gate. Is anyone have and idea if this is possible.

more
    • Hotel help for Sorrento pls

Sorrento Aug 26, 2015 at 3:50 AM

Hello
      Im really confused with booking a hotel in or neae Sorrento. Our budget is Eu150 to Eur 170 per night for 2 adults and a toddler.
      I hsd bookef grand hotel flora but after seeing some disappointing reviews my husband is not so keen on it.
      Few other options are available in sant agata due golfi - like Hotel due golfi and hotel prestige and these offer shuttles to sorrento too.
      Can you pls help me choose or suggest any other hotel within my budget?

more