Is there boat/ferry service from Salerno to Sorrento during the summer? If so, how difficult is it to get to the departure dock from the train station in Salerno? We are traveling from the South of Italy to Sorrento, by train and would like to avoid Naples if possible.
Hi, we need to get from Bari to Amalfi after ...arriving Bari from overnight ferry from Dubrovnik...... Then after staying 5 days in Amalfi we need to get from Amalfi to Cinqe terre.. August 2014. I cannot see that a bus runs on Sundays from Bari to Naples to get to Amalfi...any suggestions? Could we get a train from Bari to say Sorrento or Salerno? I cannot see online that this may be possible....should we hire a car and just drive from Bari to Salerno, then ferry to Amalfi .The trip from Amalfi to cinque terre..any ideas for the fastest and easiest way to get there in one day... I want to book the fast train, but unsure of what time I could book, as not sure how long it will take on ferry from Amalfi to Naples, Of all the arrangements I have made, this part of the journey has baffled me the most! Appreciate your thoughts. many thanks. Anna
I am planning a day trip from Rome to Pompeii and Naples National Archaeological Museum. I know it will be a stretched day, but we are 2 young guys(23 yrs) and we think we may be able to pull it off. Please review the following plan and help me understand if I may be missing any caveats.
- Take Frecciarossa at 7-35AM from Roma Termini. Reach Naples at 8-45AM.
- Take the other train to Pompeii Scavi. I believe we would be able to enter the site by 9-45AM? Am I right?
- Explore Pompeii for about 4-5 hours and leave the site around 2-45 to 3 pm. Is this time too much or too less or appropriate?
- Take the train back to Naples, Then Take the Metro to the National Museum. Expect to enter the museum around 4-15.
- Enjoy the museum for a couple of hours (Only stuff related to Pompeii), Leave the Museum before 6-30 PM
- Reach Da Michele's Pizza from the museum and have a great Napoli Pizza. I hope the waiting should not be much if I reach before 7pm. If the waiting is too much then I could go to Pizzeria Trianon across the street from Da Michelle.
- After the Pizza feast head back to Napoli centrale and take the Intercity Train to Rome at 8-30pm.
Please give me your thoughts about this and also feel free to shout it out loud if you think this is crazy. :-) :-)
Begin of April, a friend and me would like to walk along el sentiero deli dei. We'll stay in Naples, so we'd like to know which is the best way to go back to Naples from Praiano at the end of the day. We haven't found any bus or boat schedule.
Thanks for you help!
I booked on-line for Sorrento hotel 3 nights early May 2014 for mid-week stay. It was booked in November 2013 not a booking agency but the hotel's website. There room rate offer was 79 euro per night. I have now received by email a notification that my credit card has expired (it hasn't) and that the rate is now 89 euro per night. Can they do this?
I'm planning to be in Roma/Naples and Salerno during the first week of May 2014 vacationing. I'm on a small budget and will like to know if anyone had any experience with the concept of Bed & Breakfast in Italy. Any recommendation will be great. The plan is to spend most of the time in Salerno but will try to venture into the surrounding areas like Pompeii and Amalfi.
Any recommendation on what is better to bring to Italy. I'm not sure if is better to bring plenty of euro or travelers check. I will like to know what is safer to deal with to pay for goods, transportation and accommodation. Some body told me that American Express have a prepaid debit card. I will be based on Salerno for the first leg of my trip then Rome. Can I use my ATM debit card to get euros? I also read that in some hotels and B&B does not accept credit cards.
VirtualTourist®© 1994-2014 VirtualTourist.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.Back to Top
|All reports are strictly confidential. Please explain why you are reporting this:|