Mendocino Travel Answers

change location
ylisa's Profile Photo

nicest place to stay

by ylisa Online Now Jun 15, 2007 at 9:07 PM

Looking at Brewery Gulch, Stevenwood spa , Sea rock .....any input on these places would be appreciated .

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • horsinround2's Profile Photo

Re: nicest place to stay

by horsinround2 Online Now Jun 18, 2007 at 8:48 PM

We lived too close to justify anything other than camping, so haven't stayed at any of the places you mentioned. My mom however, has stayed at the Little River Inn (just a bit south of Mendocino) and fell in love with the place. Had nothing but good to say about her entire experience there.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • trvlrtom's Profile Photo

by trvlrtom Online Now Jun 19, 2007 at 8:19 AM

We stayed at the Inn at Schoolhouse Creek just south of Mendocino, and were very pleased. They have several cottages, a meadow, creek and hot tub area, as well as access to a private cove on the ocean. Dog friendly, too, if you are traveling with pets. I've got a little more information in my tip, and here is their web page:

www.schoolhousecreek.com/

• BalloonTraveler's Profile Photo

by BalloonTraveler Online Now Jun 19, 2007 at 8:52 AM

I would second the Little River Inn. The views of the Pacific are amazing. Ask for a fireplace room with private balcony. They're absolutely the best. And a little known secret is that they have small cottages just south of their location. They come with private hot tubs and other wonderful amenities.

Also, 10 miles north of Mendocino is Fort Bragg. The Harbor Light Inn has great rooms overlooking the harbor and there are several places on the ocean side of the highway, as well.

Of the 3 places you've mentioned I've only stayed at Sea Rock and it was nice, as well.

• ylisa's Profile Photo

Re: nicest place to stay... and how about the food

by ylisa Online Now Jun 19, 2007 at 7:52 PM

thanks everyone ! Any food suggestions????

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines