Mendocino Travel Answers

change location

Mendocino/Fort Bragg

by jazzyjanna Online Now Jun 6, 2003 at 1:13 PM

French friends with 2 little girls traveling by car up Highway 1 this August. Please suggest lodging at a moderate rate of65/night or so, with some ambiance. It's just for one night but it'd be nice to avoid a trashy place along the roadside. Thank you.

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • Worldtraveler's Profile Photo

Re: Mendocino/Fort Bragg

by Worldtraveler Online Now Jun 6, 2003 at 1:16 PM

The Holiday Inn Ukiah is a good option (nice breakfast included. I travel to Ukiah a couple times per week and can ask the manager if he can give you a nice discount. The only thing is that Ukiah is on Highway 101, pretty close to Mendocino and Fort Bragg. Let me know if I can be of any help. Cheers, Joey

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • uk2usa's Profile Photo

Re: Mendocino/Fort Bragg

by uk2usa Online Now Jun 8, 2003 at 2:05 AM

I hope they get better weather then we did. In August last year we cut short our planned 3 day stay in this area because it was freezing (about 50 F midday !). The locals told us it was normal Mendocino weather. We stayed at the Pine Beach Inn which was quite a bit more than you are asking for per night, but very nice (except for the weather). UK

• Re: Re: Mendocino/Fort Bragg

by jazzyjanna Online Now Jun 9, 2003 at 10:55 PM

Thank you very much for taking time to reply. I appreciate your offer to help with reservations and/or discount. That is very thoughtful of you to offer. If need be, I may recontact you about this. Thanks! Oh, do you agree that August weather can be chilly there?

• Re: Re: Mendocino/Fort Bragg

by jazzyjanna Online Now Jun 9, 2003 at 10:56 PM

Dear UK, Thanks for the advice regarding weather. I will pass it along and am grateful for your time and advice. JSB

• Worldtraveler's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Mendocino/Fort Bragg

by Worldtraveler Online Now Jun 10, 2003 at 2:10 PM

I sort of agree! The weather at the coast will always be about 30 degrees cooler than Ukiah (for instance). It's great for days when it gets to 110. I still think that August is a nice month to come and visit, it may get chilly at night due to the marine layer. Still fun! Feel free to contact me any time. Cheers Joey ;)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines