change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Lombardy travel pass on a regional train to Venice

Brescia Mar 17, 2015 at 11:56 PM

Dear all!
      Does Lombardy travel pass cover the cost of a regional train (Regionale 2707 for example) to Venezia and backwards?
      The train is regional but Venezia is out of Lombardy, that's why I am asking.
      Thank you very much in advance for the information.
      Eugene

more
    • Lake Maggiore on the last week of October 2015

Lombardy Mar 23, 2015 at 10:49 PM

Hi

I'm planning to visit Lake Maggiore and its surrounding on the 22-26 Oct this year. I understand it is nearing winter.

Are tourism affected by the weather there ? Such as, ferries no longer running, or shops closed, and all that we could see are the sceneries without being able to take any ferry ride out to the other areas.

Additionally, does any knows whether the Lake Maggiore Express be operating in that period of the year.
      I've checked on the website, and the schedules are til June. We would like to see the picturesque scenery.

Any help is much appreciated.

more
    • ReneeS17's Profile Photo

Taxis at Lecco train station

Lecco Mar 4, 2015 at 11:53 AM

Are there taxis at the Lecco train station? We will need one to get to our hotel in Malgrate

more
    • sandcastles75's Profile Photo

Train stations name confusion

Milano Mar 23, 2015 at 8:35 AM

I'm trying to get from Malpensa airport to Treviglio and have seen the name of a station Milano PGP(Passante) and then just Milano PG. Is this two different stations? or two different platforms at the same station? Seen trains leaving from both, so want to make sure I'm in the right place :) Thanks

more
    • Milan, Italy

Milan Mar 21, 2015 at 12:35 PM

Has anyone been to the Expo/ World's Fair in Milan, Italy? It has either already started or will open soon? Any information would be helpful. Thanks!

more
    • motorcycle tour

Milan Mar 7, 2015 at 3:41 PM

how easy is it to get out of milan by motorcycle

more
    • AlanDives's Profile Photo

1st-time visitor

Milan Mar 1, 2015 at 4:11 PM

I will be in Milan in mid-April and would appreciate any suggestions regarding neighborhoods and hotels to stay in and things to do. Grazie.

more
    • shunra's Profile Photo

An hotel near the Malpensa airport

Milan Mar 28, 2015 at 11:15 AM

Hello everybody!
      Could somebody recommend a not-too-expensive hotel near the Malpensa airport?
      Our flight arrives at 1.00 in the night, and I am looking just for a place to spend the rest of the night and get quickly to the airport in the morning.
      Thanks for your suggestions.

more
    • From Milano to Monaco

Milan Mar 23, 2015 at 1:17 PM

Hallo, I would like to ask you, if it is possible visit Monaco from Milano.
      I will stay four nights in Milano and if it is good idea to go to Monaco. Do anybody know, how far is it by train and how much it is cost?

Thank you for your help.
      And in Milano we will stay near r.station, is any good restaurant there?

ThankÅ› a lot
      Eva

more
    • transport in italy

by merranrosie Online Now Sep 3, 2014 at 8:47 PM

how can we get from baveno to menaggio by bus or train?

5 Answers Sep 4, 2014 at 1:45 PM
    • the Market on Friday 2nd August 2014

by DanielaRighi Online Now Aug 18, 2014 at 2:09 PM

My family and I were on holiday in Menaggio on Friday the 2nd of August. Early evening all the stalls arrived for the market event. I walked through them all and saw a stall at the beginning of the water front promenade bit with a man selling hand made terracotta houses which he makes with his wife (each one different and individual) they were beautiful. He also had other things like terracotta key rings, broaches and figurines... etc.... The houses are actually candle holders you put a tea light inside and it lights up the whole house - stunning! We bought one - Very happy. Unfortunately he did not put his name or details on his beautiful items and I have come home wishing that I had bought all of them....!! I cant stop thinking about them I really cant and really want to find this man so I can buy more of his houses - please please please if you can help me find out who he is and get him to contact me I would be so grateful!. They are such a beautiful memory of Menaggio and Italy I really love them. Can you help ? 

I look forward to your reply.

Grazie Mille Daniela

1 Answer Aug 19, 2014 at 8:04 AM
    • October in Menaggio

by TarraTourist Online Now Jun 15, 2014 at 3:11 AM

Will all the ferries still be running regularly in October? According to others this is a fairly quiet, but beautiful place. Not sure if the restaurants, etc are open all year round or if October will be an 'off season' with some places closed? Also, we will have a car and would like to know if Menaggio will be a good choice for driving to other areas, including the other lakes in the region. Thank you for your help.

1 Answer Jun 15, 2014 at 7:48 AM
    • MXP to Bellagio transportation question

by patriciamarie Online Now Mar 6, 2014 at 9:40 AM

My husband and I are going to Italy for he 1st time. We will have a 10 hour time difference upon arrival after a 15 hour two plane ride. We know we can take train and ferry to Bellagio, but are thinking of hiring a taxi service at much more money because we may just be too tired to navigate new train system, ticket machines, terminal, etc. Does anyone have suggestions on which one would be easier? Thank you

3 Answers Mar 6, 2014 at 1:01 PM
    • Campsites

by mduder Online Now Apr 8, 2013 at 3:37 AM

Has anyone stayed at Camping Europa Menaggio or Camping La'veda Lenno on Lake Como? We have a motorhome and are looking for a nice campsite, clean facilities..showers etc. Need to be able to get a ferry to Bellagio easily.

• Travel from Lugano to Menaggio

by dculpepper Online Now Aug 9, 2010 at 7:58 AM

Hi guys. I have 6 adults traveling together and appear to be the go to person for organizing the complete trip. So, I need help. When we leave Lugano, we will either travel on the bus to Menaggio or I'm considering the idea of a car driver taking us to Menaggio. FYI - I have not even started looking for a driver yet but have a few questions.

1.) What is the best way to get from Hotel Walter au Lac, Piazza Rezzonico 7, 6900 Lugano to the station for the bus to Menaggio. I have looked at Michelin several times but the more I look at it, the more I become confussed.

2.) Is the idea of a private driver completely off the charts? If not, do you have a suggestion on a driver?

Thank you so much! Yes, I obsess over all travel plans.
      Dana

5 Answers Aug 11, 2010 at 6:42 AM
    • Restaurants in Menaggio

by dculpepper Online Now Jul 13, 2010 at 7:15 AM

Hello. We will be arriving in Menaggio on the bus from Lugano. Then taking a boat over to Bellagio. We will have about an hour layover from the arrival time to the boat's departure time. Is there a good place to eat while we are waiting on the boat? Thanks, Dana

5 Answers Jul 13, 2010 at 1:54 PM
    • coconutwireless's Profile Photo

Ferry Location in Menaggio

by coconutwireless Online Now Jan 27, 2010 at 10:20 PM

Aloha tree dwellers
      We will need to take the local bus from Menaggio to Lugano once we arrive by ferry from Varena.
      My question:
      Is the ferry dock close walking distance to Piazza Garibaldi where I need to wait for the bus?
      traveling with Aloha
      the coconut wireless

1 Answer Jan 28, 2010 at 2:14 AM
    • Bus from Menaggio to Como

by StephenCruise Online Now Mar 26, 2007 at 11:08 PM

I will be visiting Menaggio in mid-June for a few days. At the end of my visit I wish to leave Como by train to Milan as early as possible in the morning. Is anyone aware of the earliest bus from Menaggio to Como on a weekday?

2 Answers Apr 3, 2007 at 10:56 PM
    • Alberghetto La Marianna: Anyone stayed there?

by Wafljo Online Now Jul 1, 2005 at 8:11 PM

We are thinking of staying at Alberghetto La Marianna, a B & B in Cadenabbia, near Menaggio on the western shore of Lake Como, Italy. Has anyone stayed there, and if so, what's your opinion of it?