Menaggio

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Best bars in Navigli for a hen weekend

Milan Apr 13, 2015 at 2:13 AM

Hi. we arrive in Navigli District at the end of May. We are a group of 13 mixed aged women (21years - 58years!) We are looking for the best bars to go to for good drinks and music. Are there any cocktail bars? or any bar recommendations out there?
      Thanks

more
    • Maurizioago's Profile Photo

Budget accomodation.

Pavia Apr 26, 2015 at 9:35 AM

Could you suggest a nice bed and breakfast or a budget hotel not far from the town center?

Thanks!

more
    • dennyandconnie's Profile Photo

Varenna, Menaggio

Como Apr 22, 2015 at 6:08 AM

spending 3 days in Bellagio. plan to visit both villages. which would you spend more time and have lunch? recommendations for lunch? thanks

more
    • renting an apartment

Milan Apr 27, 2015 at 5:52 AM

My husband and I will be moving to Milan 1st June as my husband has a minimum 6 month working contract and we are looking to rent a decent fully furnished 1 or 2 bedroom apartment in the centre of Milan.
      Has anyone got 1 to offer or can advise best place to look.

more
    • dennyandconnie's Profile Photo

transport MXS to Bellagio

Milan Apr 24, 2015 at 3:27 AM

wife and i are arriving in milan about 8:00 in early May. need to get to villa in Bellagio. checked on private transfer but a 120-150E ride is not the best way to start a month visit to italy, mostly in sicily. some details on suggestions please.

thanks

more
    • Best aperitivo in Milan

Milan Apr 5, 2015 at 8:50 AM

Hi,

Anyone who can recommend some nice aperitivos in Milan. Last time I was there I visited Deseo Lounge, close to Piazza Sempione. I really enjoyed it and I will go back this time, but I'm interested in finding some more places?

So feel free to send me you advice! :-)

more
    • oRi_5's Profile Photo

rental car ?

Milan Apr 17, 2015 at 11:28 AM

Hi

We are going to be staying in Peschiera del Garda and since we are travelling with a 3 and 1 yr old decided the best option to travel is to rent a car. Any recommendations pls? We would also require 2 car seats so we need a reputable company. Goldcar seems to be the cheapest option but found mixed reviews online. Any help is appreciated. Oh we will be landing in Milan Linate that's why I'm posting here :)

more
    • Racial differences.

Milan Apr 9, 2015 at 11:07 AM

I have scheduled my trip to Milan and I am so excited. I am of African American descent and I have been told by people (Caucasian and Afr Amer) who have visited Italy that they natives are not to cordial to people of color. I really want to enjoy my trip. Is there any validity to their claims and if so what can I do to make my visit enjoyable?

more
    • Is 25 minutes enough time to change trains?

Milan Apr 17, 2015 at 6:14 PM

I am travelling in group of 8 from Mestre to Spiez with change of train at Milano Centrale. The train schedule is at the bottom of this message. I have some concerns and will be helpful if you can help answer these please.
      - Is there any passport check we have to go through at Milano? We are Indians and will be travelling on Schengen visa.
      - Is this time sufficient to change trains? As you can see there are 28 minutes between trains. My mom is slow walker due to her age. Has anyone seen or experienced how much time it will need for a slow walker to change platforms?
      - Do passengers need to walk extra for Eurocity trains?
      Any clarification is highly appreciated?

• *

Train: FrecciaBianca 9710
      Departure: Venezia Mestre (time: 08:32); Arrival: Milano Centrale (time: 10:55)
      Train: EuroCity 52
      Departure: Milano Centrale (time: 11:23); Arrival: SPIEZ (time: 13:53)

more
    • transport in italy

by merranrosie Online Now Sep 3, 2014 at 8:47 PM

how can we get from baveno to menaggio by bus or train?

5 Answers Sep 4, 2014 at 1:45 PM
    • the Market on Friday 2nd August 2014

by DanielaRighi Online Now Aug 18, 2014 at 2:09 PM

My family and I were on holiday in Menaggio on Friday the 2nd of August. Early evening all the stalls arrived for the market event. I walked through them all and saw a stall at the beginning of the water front promenade bit with a man selling hand made terracotta houses which he makes with his wife (each one different and individual) they were beautiful. He also had other things like terracotta key rings, broaches and figurines... etc.... The houses are actually candle holders you put a tea light inside and it lights up the whole house - stunning! We bought one - Very happy. Unfortunately he did not put his name or details on his beautiful items and I have come home wishing that I had bought all of them....!! I cant stop thinking about them I really cant and really want to find this man so I can buy more of his houses - please please please if you can help me find out who he is and get him to contact me I would be so grateful!. They are such a beautiful memory of Menaggio and Italy I really love them. Can you help ? 

I look forward to your reply.

Grazie Mille Daniela

1 Answer Aug 19, 2014 at 8:04 AM
    • October in Menaggio

by TarraTourist Online Now Jun 15, 2014 at 3:11 AM

Will all the ferries still be running regularly in October? According to others this is a fairly quiet, but beautiful place. Not sure if the restaurants, etc are open all year round or if October will be an 'off season' with some places closed? Also, we will have a car and would like to know if Menaggio will be a good choice for driving to other areas, including the other lakes in the region. Thank you for your help.

1 Answer Jun 15, 2014 at 7:48 AM
    • MXP to Bellagio transportation question

by patriciamarie Online Now Mar 6, 2014 at 9:40 AM

My husband and I are going to Italy for he 1st time. We will have a 10 hour time difference upon arrival after a 15 hour two plane ride. We know we can take train and ferry to Bellagio, but are thinking of hiring a taxi service at much more money because we may just be too tired to navigate new train system, ticket machines, terminal, etc. Does anyone have suggestions on which one would be easier? Thank you

3 Answers Mar 6, 2014 at 1:01 PM
    • Campsites

by mduder Online Now Apr 8, 2013 at 3:37 AM

Has anyone stayed at Camping Europa Menaggio or Camping La'veda Lenno on Lake Como? We have a motorhome and are looking for a nice campsite, clean facilities..showers etc. Need to be able to get a ferry to Bellagio easily.

• Travel from Lugano to Menaggio

by dculpepper Online Now Aug 9, 2010 at 7:58 AM

Hi guys. I have 6 adults traveling together and appear to be the go to person for organizing the complete trip. So, I need help. When we leave Lugano, we will either travel on the bus to Menaggio or I'm considering the idea of a car driver taking us to Menaggio. FYI - I have not even started looking for a driver yet but have a few questions.

1.) What is the best way to get from Hotel Walter au Lac, Piazza Rezzonico 7, 6900 Lugano to the station for the bus to Menaggio. I have looked at Michelin several times but the more I look at it, the more I become confussed.

2.) Is the idea of a private driver completely off the charts? If not, do you have a suggestion on a driver?

Thank you so much! Yes, I obsess over all travel plans.
      Dana

5 Answers Aug 11, 2010 at 6:42 AM
    • Restaurants in Menaggio

by dculpepper Online Now Jul 13, 2010 at 7:15 AM

Hello. We will be arriving in Menaggio on the bus from Lugano. Then taking a boat over to Bellagio. We will have about an hour layover from the arrival time to the boat's departure time. Is there a good place to eat while we are waiting on the boat? Thanks, Dana

5 Answers Jul 13, 2010 at 1:54 PM
    • coconutwireless's Profile Photo

Ferry Location in Menaggio

by coconutwireless Online Now Jan 27, 2010 at 10:20 PM

Aloha tree dwellers
      We will need to take the local bus from Menaggio to Lugano once we arrive by ferry from Varena.
      My question:
      Is the ferry dock close walking distance to Piazza Garibaldi where I need to wait for the bus?
      traveling with Aloha
      the coconut wireless

1 Answer Jan 28, 2010 at 2:14 AM
    • Bus from Menaggio to Como

by StephenCruise Online Now Mar 26, 2007 at 11:08 PM

I will be visiting Menaggio in mid-June for a few days. At the end of my visit I wish to leave Como by train to Milan as early as possible in the morning. Is anyone aware of the earliest bus from Menaggio to Como on a weekday?

2 Answers Apr 3, 2007 at 10:56 PM
    • Alberghetto La Marianna: Anyone stayed there?

by Wafljo Online Now Jul 1, 2005 at 8:11 PM

We are thinking of staying at Alberghetto La Marianna, a B & B in Cadenabbia, near Menaggio on the western shore of Lake Como, Italy. Has anyone stayed there, and if so, what's your opinion of it?