Memphis Travel Answers

change location
PeteJC's Profile Photo

Mechanics of Long term Amtrak parking for Memphis Amtrak station

by PeteJC Online Now Feb 3, 2013 at 11:22 AM

Can anyone relay their experience in using the Long Term parking for the Memphis Amtrak station? Their long term parking now uses these services:
250 PEABODY PLACE GARAGE (EAST END OF PEABODY PLACE MALL) 901-545-0351 - TOWER GARAGE (WEST END OF PEABODY PLACE MALL) 901-528-9203 OR 901-527-7330
Memphis Cook Convention Center
255 North Main Street, Memphis, TN 38103
800-726-0915
Do they run a shuttle from the parking to the station for early train travel? What were the rates per day for long term parking?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • PeteJC's Profile Photo

Re: Mechanics of Long term Amtrak parking for Memphis Amtrak station

by PeteJC Online Now Feb 3, 2013 at 1:16 PM

I called 250 PEABODY PLACE GARAGE (EAST END OF PEABODY PLACE MALL) 901-545-0351. It's actually Republic Parking. The parking fee is12.00 per day and the facility is secure. There is no shuttle service but there are cabs available. They indicated that it was easy to catch a cab at 5 AM to the train station to catch the 6:50 AM City of New Orleans train and easy to find a cab to return to the parking facility at 10 PM when the train returns to Memphis. The parking garage is 3 mins / 0.95 miles from the Amtrak station.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • PeteJC's Profile Photo

Re: Mechanics of Long term Amtrak parking for Memphis Amtrak station

by PeteJC Online Now Mar 26, 2013 at 7:25 PM

We took our train trip and ended up staying the night before at a chain hotel in West Memphis. They let us leave our car there for 4 nights for free. We took a Memphis cab to the train station for a standard cross river $35 fee. I think we could have parked for free at the Memphis station but parking is very limited so its a gamble. And I don't know what the odds of getting towed are.

If we do this again I will try to get a room just off Beale street at the Hampton Inn. It's the closest hotel to the Amtrak Station and backs up to Beale. Spend an evening enjoying Beale and then after a short cab ride board the 6:50 AM train to New Orleans.

The New Orleans cab from the train station to local hotels is just $10 and thee are many hotels in NOLA that let you have a wonderful walking vacation. Trolley cars run at regular schedules and tours will pick you up at your hotel.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines