change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• DaveSamaroo's Profile Photo

Nuremberg Xmas Market and Beginner Sking

Bavaria Sep 30, 2015 at 6:58 AM

Greetings forum. We are planning to go to Nuremberg to experience the Xmas market from around Dec 16th. 3 kids ages 8, 10 and 13. My questions are:
      (a) I have the options of direct flights to Munich, Frankfurt or Berlin. From the map it looks like Munich or Frankfurt might be the closet to then get to Nuremberg. Please advise which will be the best airport to fly into out of the 3 options for onward fastest/efficient transportation to Nuremberg - taxi or rail.

(b) After 3 days of the market which we think should be enough, we are thinking of combining this with a "learn to ski" vacation. Is there any recommendations nearby Nuremberg that might work esp in Dec month? I have heard of persons combining Nuremberg market with sking in Austria so not sure if learn to ski options are available in environs. Recommendations on Austria welcome as well if better.

• Nuremberg river boat docks

Nürnberg Sep 25, 2015 at 1:26 PM

How does one get to the river boat dock "hafenstrasse, anliegestelle fur Kabinenschiffe" from the central bus/train station or Bahnhofstratte street? Is there a bus line that takes you close to the docking area.

• Indian Restaurant

Coburg Sep 10, 2015 at 3:13 AM

Hello is there an Indian Restaurant in Coburg ? can somebody please send me the address / tentative location or contact details of the place.
      Major Indian food cravings Happening. !

• Kelheim tour to Abbey and Gorge

Kelheim Yesterday

I'm on a Danube riverboat tour from Regensburg to Kelheim. What's the best way to see both cities as well as the Weltenburg Abbey and Danube Gorge in one day?

• Castle Puzzle

Oberammergau Oct 4, 2015 at 3:24 AM

I am looking for the royal castle neuschwanstein puzzle. How can i find it to purchase it?

• Stag Weekend questions

Munich Sep 13, 2015 at 4:57 AM

I’m going with a group of 20 males to Munich next month on a stag (after Oktoberfest ends) and have been reading it’s tough with bouncers and stuff there which is annoying but what can you do, we will try our best. The rough plan is touristy beer halls evening and then Schwabing one night, Haidhausen the other night and probably Kultfabrik late probably both nights… does these sound feisable with the size group we are?

We won’t be dressing in stupid outfits or anything, we’re all aged between 30 – 34 and won’t be walking up to doors in a huge group or anything.

Also a couple of other questions if any helpful sorts out there might know –

Where would be the hottest curry restaurant in Munich? I want atomic levels of spice if possible, ghost chili curry sort of thing.

Is there any hope whatsoever of getting tickets to Bayern Munich v Koln FC around the grounds on the day for a reasonable price (unlikely I know)

We’re into music-wise, rock n roll, rock, indie, Britpop sort of stuff, are there any particular bars, pubs, clubs we should aim for, or is it all just electro dance stuff?

I’m trying also to find an obese stripper for the stag, like the fatter the better, they call them blubbergrams in Ireland and roly-poly strippers in the UK, for an idea of what I’m on about,  is there anyone or anywhere I could contact to book this for the stag? All I can find is regular strippers but that won’t do..

Thanks for any guidance!

• Trikist's Profile Photo

Stop enroute

Donauwörth Sep 12, 2015 at 10:05 AM

We plan to be traveling by train from Nördlingen to Augsburg next spring. There is a transfer point at Donauwörth, which appears to be a pretty nice town for a visit. I was thinking of a 3 hour stop just to get a quick look at the town. Does anyone know if there are luggage lockers at the train station? Is there any reason why this would not be a reasonable plan? Thanks for any help. Gary

• DaveSamaroo's Profile Photo

Hotels walking distance to Nuremberg Xmas Market

Bavaria Sep 30, 2015 at 10:39 AM

Hi trying to find out a few hotel or accommodation options which are closest to or directly on the Xmas market - say 5 - 10 mins or less walking distance as with 3 small kids. Bit of a struggle on the internet to get a direct answer. Grateful for any recommendations or suggestions. Thanks.

• nehphets's Profile Photo

Munich city centre car parking

Munich Sep 30, 2015 at 12:40 AM

I am staying in Munich next month and thinking of hiring a car from the airport, I am staying in the centre of Munich and don't mind having to walk a distance to get the car.
      Any suggestions

• Passau River Cruise Port excursion to Salzburg City Centre

Passau Sep 17, 2015 at 4:11 PM

I have a group of 18 adults. We will be arriving at Passau port on a river cruise early morning in November. We will like to either take a private tour or a private transfer to visit Salzburg for about 9 hours including to/from transportation times. Please advise the best way to go Salzburg. If possible, please suggest a reliable local tour supplier or a reliable private transfer company to contact.

• Garmisch-Partenkirchen area location to stay?

Garmisch-Partenkirchen Sep 19, 2015 at 2:03 PM

Hi GaPa experts,
      Please recommend me location to stay in Garmisch-Partenkirchen area. I just spent couple of hours searching for the answer, but there are so many conflicting opinions! We are two couples – no kids, will have a rental car and planning to stay for 5 nights in this area, probably rent a house/apartment. What town would you recommend to stay? We’d like to drive around, visit couple of castles, enjoy scenery, go for 2-3 hour hikes, etc. At night we’d like to go out (would be nice within walking distance) and have at least some selection of restaurants/bars.
      Thanks a lot in advance!

• bus transportation

Nürnberg Sep 16, 2015 at 11:05 AM

What is the best bus or tour to take from Nuremberg to Salzburg?

• westys's Profile Photo

Airport to Town by taxi

by westys Online Now Jun 12, 2014 at 4:12 PM

Hi, my husband and I want to rent a car from the airport for a week, to stay in Memmingen first for a couple of nights, and then travel further afield.

However it seems that Wednesday is early closing day in the area, and none of the car rental companies are open when we arrive - on a Wednesday night at 7.30pm. Does anybody have any ideas how to get round this? or are there car hire offices in the town itself?

If so this prompts my next question.. how much is it for a taxi from the airport into the town (direct to our hotel) and are there taxis always available at the airport, or do they need to be booked in advance?

Thanks very much for any help... :)

2 Answers Jun 14, 2014 at 3:30 PM
    • Train reservations

by fingodav Online Now May 28, 2014 at 3:40 AM

We want to make day trips to Salzburg and Fussen while we are in Munich. Is it advisable or mandatory to make seat reservations when using the Bayern ticket ? Thanks

5 Answers May 28, 2014 at 11:09 AM
    • Memmingham buses

by fingodav Online Now May 27, 2014 at 3:42 AM

Can anyone tell me if there is a local bus from the rail station to Memmingerstrasse, Schaighausen/Hotzgun, and also roughly what this journey would cost by taxi. Thank you

3 Answers May 27, 2014 at 6:10 AM
    • travelfrosch's Profile Photo

Rufbus from the Airport

by travelfrosch Online Now Mar 7, 2014 at 11:25 AM

We'll be arriving in the evening at Memmingen Airport and staying in town some distance from the bus station. There is scheduled "Rufbus" service at that time, which I understand is a shared taxi we need to call ahead for. Does the "Rufbus" only stop at the bus station, or can it also stop at our hotel? If the former, it sounds like we (2 adults and 1 Minifrosch) might as well just take a regular taxi. Does this make sense? Thanks!

3 Answers Mar 7, 2014 at 10:53 PM
    • How to get to the airport?

by itsasmallworld Online Now May 2, 2013 at 12:45 PM

Can somebody explain how I can get from Munich to Memmingen airport? I found the last train from Munich at 11PM and it arrives to Memmingen train station at about 1AM. But nobody seem to know how to get to the airport from the train station at night.
      Is there a bus from Munich to Memmingen airport? How far is the train station from the airport?
      Thank you for help!

4 Answers Jul 24, 2013 at 1:10 AM
    • memmingen airport to lindau

by tartine325 Online Now Jan 12, 2010 at 2:39 AM

Is there any public transportation between memmingen airport and lindau?

1 Answer Jan 12, 2010 at 3:04 AM
    • nehphets's Profile Photo

Memmingen airport to munich transfers

by nehphets Online Now Oct 12, 2009 at 2:05 AM

Does anybody know or have travelled from Memmingen airport to munich centre i have tried the website. is there a direct train or bus service?
      thanks in advance

5 Answers Oct 12, 2009 at 3:44 AM
    • aventos's Profile Photo

4 days in the area: what to do?

by aventos Online Now Jul 17, 2009 at 2:59 AM

Hello, we are travelling to memmingen and staying for 4 days.
      We want to visit füssen and castles, and not munchen.
      Have you got suggestions to organise this trip? We want to see nature, lakes, walk, ect. Thank you very much

1 Answer Jul 17, 2009 at 4:23 PM