Mellieha Travel Answers

change location
catherineneill's Profile Photo

Mellieha in January

by catherineneill Online Now Aug 8, 2011 at 5:29 AM

Hi

We just found an awesome deal of 80€ for a week in a 4* hotel in Mellieha in Jan.

Not so muched fussed on the weather, but can anyone tell me how many things will be shut down for winter/ if we will have to go to another resort to find restaurants etc?

PS has anyone every seen anyone swim in Malta in January?

Thanks!

Catherine

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: Mellieha in January

by leics Online Now Aug 8, 2011 at 8:06 AM

Wonder if it's the same hotel as I stayed at (in Mellieha itself)?

I stayed in Mellieha over Christmas and found most (not all) things open. But January is slightly different...after the New Year you may well find that more things are closed.

If you can swim in the UK sea you can most prob swim in Malta January sea. I did see some people doing it, but no way I would (but I don't seim in UK sea either). Average sea temps here:

holiday-weather.com/malta/av...

One thing which does spring to mind is transport. Mellieha is at the far end of the island and, unless you hire a car ...Malta drives on the left, so it's easy enough...you will be reliant on the buses. These have recently been taken over by Arriva, so the service is not as it was and I believe there have been some teething problems. Route 41 serves Mellieha; you can find timetables etc here:

http://www.arriva.com.mt/home?l=1

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Anna123456's Profile Photo

by Anna123456 Online Now Sep 6, 2011 at 9:24 AM

Hi Catherine,

Mellieha is a nice place to stay if you are coming with your children or to relax. The largest sandy beach is in Mellieha and you can dip your feet in winter but i would not swim :) If you are looking for a more lively and central place i recommend St. Julian's or Bugibba.

Things are open as usuall, dont worry.

• catherineneill's Profile Photo

by catherineneill Online Now Nov 18, 2011 at 4:38 AM

Thanks everyone for the tips!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines