Mellieha Travel Answers

change location

Taxi Prices from Mellieha to Paceville

by andreamurray Online Now Apr 22, 2011 at 1:39 PM

How much is a taxi from Mellieha to Paceville in St Julians and how long is the journey ?

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • Turska's Profile Photo

Re: Taxi Prices from Mellieha to Paceville

by Turska Online Now Apr 23, 2011 at 8:18 AM

I don´t know how much this helps, but a taxi from Paceville to Sliema (4km) was 13e, and it looks like your trip is around 17km. I think taxis were the only expensive thing we found in Malta. They were even more expensive than in Finland were we like, and we do have expensive taxis!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Xemx's Profile Photo

by Xemx Online Now Apr 24, 2011 at 2:12 AM

Turska I think you were overcharged, a taxi from Paceville to Sliema should only cost around euro 8.00, this is why it's always a good idea to agree on the charge before you actually get into a private taxi. From Mellieha to Paceville a taxi would cost around euro 27.00. Depending on the season and time of the day you make the trip, it should last around 20 minutes. If it's in the summer you might find lots of traffic and the journey would last longer. I'm not quite sure about the distance. Check out eCabs website for taxi rates http://www.ecabs.com.mt/site/zones.php

• Turska's Profile Photo

by Turska Online Now Apr 24, 2011 at 2:43 AM

Maybe it was becouse it was at midnight. Actually the hotel (Bayview hotel)staff told us it should be 10 to 13 euros. The taxi took us 15e. We never used taxi after that, we rather came with last bus at 23 o´clock, becouse we didn´t like the fact they took more from tourists. Taxi to airport was 20e. It was told before we left. I don´t like this kind of system. In Finland you don´t need to worry about this kind of things. So we just decided not to use taxi anymore. But the buses were allmost free :) Allthough allways so full, that we rather took taxi back to airport than went by bus with luggage.

• Xemx's Profile Photo

by Xemx Online Now Apr 25, 2011 at 6:33 AM

Yes, some of the private taxis do charge extra if late at night, but others (eCabs) have a flat rate. The best way to get around Malta is by bus; there is also special night service after 23:00hrs. This costs more but still relatively cheap for the service. Route 45 has a late night bus service between Paceville and Mellieha.
    atp.com.mt/atp/servlet/Contr...
    Certainly, it's always best to take a taxi from the airport, unless you are travelling very light.

• Turska's Profile Photo

by Turska Online Now Apr 25, 2011 at 10:24 AM

Yes, the buses are very cheap. Even the late ones (We came quite late from Gozo ferry to Sliema). But the bus from Paceville/ST.Julians didn´t go later than 23 o´clock at winter-and your winter is funny, when they say it is until half June! :D We Finns celebrate "mid-summer" at end of June!
    We used a bus when we came from airport at the middle of the day, but we went back by taxi, becouse we didn´t want to be late. Sometimes the buses didn´t take us, becouse they were so full.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines