Travel Answers
Melbourne

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Are there any good coffee shops in Fort Lauderdale other than Starbucks?

Fort Lauderdale May 7, 2015 at 1:30 PM

Hello,

I am from Tampa and will be heading to Fort Lauderdale in a couple of weeks. I usually enjoy independent coffee shops that offer fresh roasted small batch coffee brewed through a French press. I have done some research on yelp and came up with a few local places. If anyone else knows of a good spot please let me know. Here is what I found:

Sip Java Co - (formally Brew Urban Café) @ 638 N Federal Highway Fort Lauderdale FL. I heard that they carry Intelligentsia, Anodyne and Wells Coffee (all small roasted batches from around the world and you can brew them with a few different methods). Free wifi and good snacks or all day food offerings, tons of seating indoors and outdoors. Very quiet with free parking out front.

Brew Urban Café - 537 NW 1st Avenue in the art district. They are located in an art studio called C&I studios. Quiet and good locally roasted coffee too.

Warsaw Coffee Company - 245 E 13th St Fort Lauderdale FL. New coffee shop with lots of seating. They also offer locally roasted coffee from Argyle and have a bakery which pumps out some original and unique pastries. A little more on the pricey side of things and parking is limited.

The Alchemist - They are located in Wilton Manors which is about a 15 minute drive from Fort Lauderdale. They have a good variety of coffee and pump out some good sandwiches.

These are some of the best places to enjoy coffee. If you all have any additional info please reply!

more
    • Commuting Orlando to Auburndale / Lakeland

Orlando May 4, 2015 at 7:57 AM

Hello,

I've yet to find a good answer to this question.

I will be starting a new job in Auburndale, FL and planned to commute from the north side of Orlando (near I-4). I understand I-4 could potentially be a nightmare during rush hour, but does it depend on the direction you're going?

Traveling south (I-4 W) during morning traffic and north (I-4 E) in afternoon traffic. Will I generally be going against heavy traffic? Estimated time typically says near 1 hour. Would you expect this to be higher, or relatively accurate?

I appreciate any insight you could offer...Thanks!

more
    • Magic kingdom tickets

Florida Apr 23, 2015 at 1:51 AM

Hi guys, coming across in October. Looking for some guidance, We already have passes for Universal and wet n wild, however we are looking to go to Magic Kingdom aswell. Struggling to get a day pass for a family of 4 over here in the UK. How do I go about getting these passes and how much do they cost?

Appreciate any advice.

Jim

more
    • Honeymoon Destination

Key West May 3, 2015 at 7:45 PM

Where is the best spot to stay on a honeymoon?

more
    • port of Miami hotel rooms

Miami Apr 28, 2015 at 2:56 PM

Any in the 250 range that have a view of the cruise ships coming into the port? Thanks 

more
    • xoxoxenophile's Profile Photo

Transportation South Beach to Miami Seaquarium?

Miami May 19, 2015 at 4:57 PM

I will be staying in South Beach Miami next Friday and Saturday morning. Originally I was planning on just hanging out at the beach, Lincoln Road Mall, Ocean Drive, etc. but now I think a change of pace might be nice. I was doing some reading and I'm thinking about visiting Miami Seaquarium. I know there are some mixed reviews of the place, but I think it's mostly from people comparing it to SeaWorld and I haven't been anywhere like that before so I think I'll enjoy it. :)

The problem is it /is/ a little expensive at $42/ticket, so I'm only going to do it if there's a cheaper public transportation option I can take there. It looks like a cab ride would be $24-30 each way and I'd rather not make this a $100 excursion. Is there like a bus route or something I could take? If so, how much would it cost and how long would it take? Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

more
    • Transport to Clearwater Beach

Orlando May 10, 2015 at 6:16 AM

What transport is available from Orlando International Airport to Clearwater Beach please?

more
    • MichaelB90's Profile Photo

What is the name of the Pirate Themed restaurant in Orlando

Orlando May 7, 2015 at 11:48 AM

Its the same idea as the medieval times place, but pirate themed, we went recently and I'd like to leave a review.

more
    • uk to melbourne

by Clareowen03 Online Now Mar 18, 2015 at 11:47 AM

Hi there Im 33 and my husband is 36 we have an 11 year old son his 12 September can anybody tell me what year he will be in for Feb 2016? I'm confused thankyou..
      Also I've been looking at the areas my husband will be working in the CBD and doesnt wanna commute no more than 30 mins but I want to.be walking distance to a good school I've been looking at camberwell hawthorn, carton does any body have views of the schools or areas? They all seem so lovely and the schools all look good to.. Help :)
      Also ideally I'd like a house to rent with a garden in not sure this effects the areas.. And my budget would be $2500 a month max 2/3 bedrooms is this possible am I looking at more money? Or less?

Thankyou so much clare ;)

7 Answers Mar 23, 2015 at 5:21 AM
    • shuttle from melbourne , fl airport to tampa, fl

by winterskykim Online Now Feb 21, 2015 at 8:06 PM

Hi , my son is in florida and needs a shuttle from melbourne airport to tampa,, I think this may be affordable and quicker than greyhound.. please direct us. Thanks you. Kim email answer to winterskykim@yahoo.com plz

4 Answers Feb 22, 2015 at 6:32 AM
    • melbourn beach area

by Deszaree3870 Online Now May 28, 2014 at 11:44 AM

where to go for drinks and night life near the beach?

2 Answers May 28, 2014 at 2:58 PM
    • hotel/motel

by JABBERSO Online Now Oct 2, 2013 at 1:07 PM

we are planning a road trip from ct to fl in dec. for Christmas
      although we have relatives there the first night we plan to stay in a hotel/motel
      our problem is where to stay so that we failrly close to the relatives. they are a little spread out,one in Melbourne,one in Titusville, and one in west palm bay. any suggestions would be great,as I am totally stressed out trying to find the right distance between all three???
      thanks so much for your time

6 Answers Oct 3, 2013 at 11:24 AM
    • Where did Satellite Beach Bunkys go?

by AnnMudd Online Now Jun 24, 2008 at 1:12 PM

We came home for a visit from Maryland only to discover Bunkys is no longer in Sat. Bch. Where did it go? We are heart broken, I know there is one in Merrit Island but we don't want to drive that far. Please tell me they are only remodeling. Ann

1 Answer Dec 7, 2008 at 2:45 PM
    • siksfore's Profile Photo

Things to do in Melbourne, Fl

by siksfore Online Now Jan 22, 2005 at 1:36 PM

Can you tell me if there is a place fairly close to Dive or Snorkel? I also saw that there was a Dolphin Pontoon Cruse is it pretty good ? is it in Melbourne? I have tried to contact them but they have not returned my calls.

• GUYON's Profile Photo

How is Melbourne now

by GUYON Online Now Sep 11, 2004 at 1:19 PM

I have an American friend who lives in Melbourne but who was in France when the hurricane is passed by his town. I know the town has been severely hit by Frences. I am waiting news from him. How is the town now ? Is the electricity restored ? and the water ? Thanks RAY

1 Answer Sep 13, 2004 at 4:18 PM
    • kel_e's Profile Photo

Relocating to Melbourne, FL

by kel_e Online Now Mar 5, 2003 at 2:35 PM

Hello all~ I just got back from a vacation where we stayed with friends in Melbourne, FL. I really liked the area and am looking to move down in August. 1. Which neighborhoods should I stay away from when getting an apartment/house? 2. Any recommendations on rental agencies? 3. Where should I look for employment opportunities? 4. Any other helpful relocation info? Thanks much!! Kelly

6 Answers Aug 20, 2007 at 5:19 PM