Melbourne Travel Answers

change location

UK Graduate with work experience wants to relocate to Australia!!

by anthony6482 Online Now Sep 12, 2005 at 10:30 AM

Hey all,

I wonder if anyone would be kind enough to offer some much needed advice!

I am 23 and have just recently graduated with a 2:1 Honours degree in Information Systems Design with Business.

I live with my fiance and our 19 month old boy in London, UK

I'm getting more and more fedup living in the UK as each month passes.. higher living costs, no chance of getting a home, recent bombings, etc..

I am looking to move to Australia, most likely around Melbourne as it seems so spectacular over there (although I haven't been myself yet)

Since I have left university I have been working full time with my present employer. I have also worked there for a year during my work placement and also worked there part-time during my final year at university.

So all in all, 2.5 years I have been working as a web developer with this company.

My question is this: Is it possibly to emigrate to Australia with a good degree and 2.5 years work experience and be able to get a Visa (and job)

I have seen these migration sites saying that you need 3 years work experience but does not even mention anything about holding a degree..

If anyone out there can offer any advice I would be very grateful!


Anthony, Sam and Bradley.

Quote & Answer
0 Answers
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines