Melbourne Travel Answers

change location

DFO's

by rockinmama Online Now Mar 23, 2013 at 7:45 AM

was wondering if anyone can give me some info about the DFO's in Melbourne. I hear there are more than 1 & was wondering which was the best & where they were.
thanks

Quote & Answer
8 Answers
  • Odinnthor's Profile Photo

Re: DFO's

by Odinnthor Online Now Mar 23, 2013 at 7:56 AM

Sorry, I was curious as to what a "DFO" was, so I googled DFOs and Melbourne. If you do the same all three of the Outlets show up with addresses and phone numbers along with a map.

Try it, - it works.......d:o)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • ll_angel86's Profile Photo

by ll_angel86 Online Now Mar 23, 2013 at 8:48 AM

Wow! I have previously written something about this on my own hub which answers this question exactly. Not sure though whether I can post the link below. If this is not fine, please remove it and you can PM me directly for the link =)

liliansg.hubpages.com/hub/Sh...

• balhannah's Profile Photo

by balhannah Online Now Mar 23, 2013 at 11:28 AM

The only DFO I have been to in Melbourne, was at Moorabin. This was a few years back and I found lots of bargains here. I really think you should have an idea what the retail prices are of the items you may be buying to give you an idea if you are saving money or not.
    dfo.com.au/moorabbin/centre-...

• Orchid's Profile Photo

by Orchid Online Now Mar 23, 2013 at 5:11 PM

Melbourne has 3 DFOs. Only one of those is easy to get to from the city centre, the one a South Wharf (street address is 20 Convention Centre Place, South Wharf). Just a walk to the west along the Yarra River from Southbank. The other outlets are near Essendon Airport (train on Craigieburn line from City to Essendon then Bus No 903 to the centre). The other one - the original is at Moorabbin, and is a touch more complicated - Take a Frankston line train to Cheltenham, then an 827 or 828 us from the Cheltenham bus station to the DFO - ask the driver to stop there. Thee was once a DFO at Spencer Street (aka Southern Cross) station, but may now have been rebranded

http://www.dfo.com.au/Home/

• sirgaw's Profile Photo

by sirgaw Online Now Mar 23, 2013 at 6:41 PM

First up and as Lady Gaw will agree, I am not a shopper. That being said there have been 2 DFO's (Direct Factory Outlets) that have closed down - Southern Cross Station - replaced by South Bank - and Nunawading. I've only ever been into the old Nunawading DFO and was wanting a pair of shoes - didnt buy any and found what I wanted at another store without having to tramp through a huge mall.

Sorry to sound anti shopping, but a factory outlet and/or mall is a factory outlet and/or mall almost anywhere in the world. Perhaps some of the cute arcades running off Collins Street in the city are far more unique and the great shop at the Royal Botanical Gardens must be better than a sole-less factory outlet and/or mall.

The girls are now probably looking at ways of killing off this non-shopping little black duck - LOL

• Re: DFO's

by kiandra99 Online Now Mar 23, 2013 at 7:08 PM

The Essendon fields and South Wharf are the most reliable. However there are other factory outlets scattered around inner Melbourne depending on the product that you wish to purchase.

• Merebin's Profile Photo

by Merebin Online Now Mar 23, 2013 at 11:21 PM

There are indeed 3 DFOs in Melbourne - the one at South Wharf has a reasonable range and is probably the easiest to get to being walking distance from Flinders Street and Spencer Street stations. The one at Essendon has a good range but is harder to get to if you are relying on public transport. Definitely have some idea of the prices for things that you may be interested in buying - I have found some real bargains at the DFOs, but have also seen quite a few items that aren't much cheaper than they would be in any 'ordinary' store.

• Re: DFO's

by rockinmama Online Now Mar 28, 2013 at 7:19 PM

LOL....thanks for your insight...I will look for the DFO's....but I will also take your suggestion & go to some of the boutique shops......I am an avid shopper, so I'm sure I'll sniff then out....:)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines