Melbourne Travel Answers

change location
empresstraveller's Profile Photo

Bed, Couch for 2 nights?

by empresstraveller Online Now Mar 19, 2013 at 7:56 PM

Hi All

Im arriving on the 27th march (late) and would like to stay in Melbourne for 2-3 days, until i find a way to get to Adelaide for a look around. I have already been on Couchsurfing website, but no one is free to host during the week it seams, so i was wondering, if anyone local on here would like to put me up for a couple of nights from the 28th march? Please fill free to email me as many questions about me as you like.
Thanks
Emma

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • davidjo's Profile Photo

Re: Bed, Couch for 2 nights?

by davidjo Online Now Mar 19, 2013 at 8:56 PM

try contacting by message to the couchsurfers individually and you might be luckier. Couchsurfers contacted me directly and i accepted them when they took time to write. BTW i am no longer a member of couchsurfing due to some disappointments

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • empresstraveller's Profile Photo

by empresstraveller Online Now Mar 19, 2013 at 9:04 PM

thanks Davis, but i always do this anyway as you said its more personal and im picky :)

• davidjo's Profile Photo

by davidjo Online Now Mar 19, 2013 at 9:09 PM

Melbourne has quite a good hostel area in St. Kilda and quite a good nightlife scene. You may want to check it out. And i too am picky when i was with CS, but i had a couple of letdowns after being so considerate to surfers!!!

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

by ATXtraveler Online Now Mar 20, 2013 at 5:36 AM

I can not speak for the VTers on this board in this particular situation, but you may want to reach out to a couple of them also. There are some very very nice members on this board in particular that may be able to help you, or even possibly host. Jenn, Rosie, and Suzanne in particular are great people :)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines