Melaka

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Wanting to vist Malacca in May.

by ningaloo1 Online Now Apr 4, 2014 at 3:54 PM

Travelling solo for a few days in KL before moving on. I am wanting to do a day trip to Malacca however its seems that one can only do a booked trip with one is travelling with some one else. The few that I found that are available for solo travellers charge triple the rate. Any ideas welcome. Thanks

more
    • Getting from Melaka Sentral bus station to Melaka Jaya (Equatorial) by bus or coach

by 49North Online Now Mar 24, 2014 at 7:33 PM

I'm planning a trip to SE Asia in August (from Vancouver BC Canada).

What's the most efficient way to get from Melaka Sentral to Melaka Jaya (Equatorial Hotel) by public transport - if any exists? It is a safe and reliable mode of transportation?

I've been told some private bus/coach companies are able to drop off passengers (boarding from Singapore) directly at Equatorial hotel.
      What is the name of this coach line and if there is a website or phone number (in Singapore). that would be fantastic.

Cheers, Chris

more
    • Wanting to vist Malacca in May.

by ningaloo1 Online Now Apr 4, 2014 at 3:54 PM

Travelling solo for a few days in KL before moving on. I am wanting to do a day trip to Malacca however its seems that one can only do a booked trip with one is travelling with some one else. The few that I found that are available for solo travellers charge triple the rate. Any ideas welcome. Thanks

5 Answers Apr 18, 2014 at 3:54 AM
    • Getting from Melaka Sentral bus station to Melaka Jaya (Equatorial) by bus or coach

by 49North Online Now Mar 24, 2014 at 7:33 PM

I'm planning a trip to SE Asia in August (from Vancouver BC Canada).

What's the most efficient way to get from Melaka Sentral to Melaka Jaya (Equatorial Hotel) by public transport - if any exists? It is a safe and reliable mode of transportation?

I've been told some private bus/coach companies are able to drop off passengers (boarding from Singapore) directly at Equatorial hotel.
      What is the name of this coach line and if there is a website or phone number (in Singapore). that would be fantastic.

Cheers, Chris

5 Answers Apr 5, 2014 at 10:33 PM
    • tenluk's Profile Photo

Wana Riverside hote

by tenluk Online Now Feb 3, 2014 at 7:48 PM

need info from VT member

1. do this hotel location near by the touirst spot ?
      2. how do we take the cruise from Wana Riverside?

Thanks

6 Answers Feb 7, 2014 at 7:51 PM
    • 1jabbar's Profile Photo

transport from Klebang to Melaka

by 1jabbar Online Now Jan 26, 2014 at 5:35 PM

Is there a bus that runs regularly from Klebang (I'm planning on staying at the Beach resort there) into Melaka city? If not...I guess there are taxis: How much is the taxi (RM) to go into Melaka? Thanks for your help

3 Answers Jan 28, 2014 at 8:28 PM
    • LornaM11's Profile Photo

TRAVEL FROM MELAKA TO TAMAN NEGARA

by LornaM11 Online Now Jan 16, 2014 at 8:14 AM

HI I WILL BE TRAVELING TO MALAYSIA NEXT MONTH AND I NEED TO KNOW THE OPTIONS TO TRAVEL FROM MELAKA TO TAMAN NEGARA... CAN ANYONE HELP PLEASE

1 Answer Jan 24, 2014 at 2:14 AM
    • AaronJelley's Profile Photo

New years eve?

by AaronJelley Online Now Dec 28, 2013 at 1:38 AM

What is going on in Melaka for new years eve? Any pasar malam or parties at local bars?

1 Answer Jan 10, 2014 at 8:05 AM
    • MELAKA INQUIRY

by ketanshah Online Now Sep 30, 2013 at 11:57 AM

PLEASE GIVE ME SOME NAMES OF PLACES TO VISIT IN MELAKA WITH ITS PRICE

6 Answers Oct 5, 2013 at 1:20 PM
    • where to stay

by apptiggy Online Now Sep 17, 2013 at 5:27 AM

where's the best place to stay whereby its nearest to all tourist main attractions.

7 Answers Oct 5, 2013 at 1:21 PM
    • Activities among the local people in Melaka

by Adette Online Now Aug 28, 2013 at 8:02 PM

What activities can the tourists participate themselves with the local people in Melaka? Where is the place?

• Activities among the local people in Melaka

by Adette Online Now Aug 28, 2013 at 5:50 AM

What activities can the tourists participate themselves with the local people in Melaka? And where would it be?

1 Answer Apr 15, 2014 at 11:55 PM
    • lifesaver888's Profile Photo

Bus from KLIA to Melaka

by lifesaver888 Online Now Jul 25, 2013 at 7:47 AM

Hi everyone! Please suggest a reputable bus company that i could take from the airport to Malacca(Melaka). I prefer one with an online booking facility. It'll be my first time to go to Melaka so i want my trip to be smooth and hassle-free. Thank you for your input/s.

6 Answers Jul 26, 2013 at 8:56 PM

taxi cost from melaka sentral to dutch square

by 1jabbar Online Now Jul 12, 2013 at 6:45 AM

Any idea of the cost of a taxi from Melaka Sentral (Bus Station) to Dutch Square? As well: are the taxis metered or other? Another question! If I took the local bus from Melaka Sentral (instead of taxi) what number bus would I be looking for to get to Dutch Square? Thanks for any help. Enjoying Malaysia.

1 Answer Aug 21, 2013 at 7:25 PM
    • IamPam's Profile Photo

Walking tour in Melaka

by IamPam Online Now May 30, 2013 at 1:40 AM

Hi I'm planning to go to Melaka on June, and my question is, is it possible to tour Melaka by foot? are the interesting places near each other or far in between? if it's not possible, what's the easiest and cheapest to go around the place?

8 Answers May 30, 2013 at 11:43 PM

Jonkers Market

by 1jabbar Online Now Feb 10, 2013 at 12:37 AM

Hi;
      Which night is Jonkers market on (Friday or Saturday)? Thanks

2 Answers Mar 3, 2013 at 11:42 PM
    • joeco9's Profile Photo

Melaka Coach

by joeco9 Online Now Jan 24, 2013 at 6:31 PM

Will be travelling by coach, Melaka to KLIA in Feb. would like to know if the coach has a toilet/food stop during the 2.5 hour trip .with thanks joe

3 Answers Mar 15, 2013 at 2:45 AM
    • joeco9's Profile Photo

Melaka Day tours

by joeco9 Online Now Dec 16, 2012 at 2:47 PM

Hi ,we will be in Melaka for 5 days and as Melaka is not that big
      and as most of the city can be seen in just a few days
      I would like to know if there is any short trips we can
      do like a day /half day trip to some small seaside village
      with thanks joe

8 Answers Mar 3, 2013 at 9:22 PM
    • KLlover's Profile Photo

To be a 1st Melaka visit

by KLlover Online Now Sep 28, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Hi members, at last I found a forum like this and I saw senior members are responding well. I am new here and pls feed me as much infos as possible for my end of this Nov visit to Melaka. Have been travelling to KL quiet often but not to Melaka yet.

1. Is it OK to hire a taxi from KLIA to Melaka for a family of 6 and 2 child?
      2. Recommend me average cost hotels for a family which is easy access to eating places, historical sites and also
      3. Do we need a tourist guide while in Melaka, if so do anyone know how to find one.

Thanks in advance and greeting from Brunei Darussalam

12 Answers Oct 4, 2012 at 12:40 AM

distance/transportation from Klebang Besar to Melaka center

by 1jabbar Online Now Sep 9, 2012 at 8:06 AM

Hi;
      Can someone out there give me an idea as to how far is it from Klebang Besar to Melaka center. Are there regular buses between the two? How much is cab fare? I know Melaka a bit...but could you tell me something about Klebang Besar..restaurants? night life? Is the beach area clean? Thanks for any help.

• JoaoGomes's Profile Photo

Melaka Marina

by JoaoGomes Online Now Jun 15, 2012 at 2:24 AM

Does anyone know where i can find information about the Melaka Marina?
      Pictures, information, etc?
      Nothing on the net, just random info but not even official.
      Tried to contact the Melaka government but the email not working.
      Thanks

1 Answer Jun 15, 2012 at 4:15 AM
    • Driver cost

by Hepburnsprings Online Now May 13, 2012 at 2:45 PM

Wold anyone have a rough idea in Australian dollars , how much it would cost to hire a taxi/ driver to take us from Malaka central to KLIA . We will be travelling at about 6 pm on a Sunday t, need to be at airport at 8 pm
      Thanks

4 Answers May 15, 2012 at 3:29 AM
    • Shopping in Melaka

by Hepburnsprings Online Now May 12, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Can anyone give some ideas on what are good shopping buys in Melaka . We have one day/ night there after our trip to Ubud and KL

Just wanted to leave some spending money if there are any special items to purchase in Malaka
      What's good to look for in the night markets ?
      Items I'd be looking for would need to be able to fit into luggage so that rules out large pieces of furniture unfortunately
      Items I would like are jewellery , small decorator pieces , fabric ???

Anything unique to Malaka of interest

Thankyou

5 Answers May 27, 2012 at 8:04 PM
    • MAUIRADISE's Profile Photo

MELAKA TO KUCHING

by MAUIRADISE Online Now Mar 18, 2012 at 11:01 AM

It was on the news about Melaka Air flying directly to Kuching in early 2012. Does anyone had taken this flight yet? I couldn't find anything about Melaka Air online.
      If it is still not available, what's the best transportation to take from Kuala Lumpur to Melaka and from Melaka to Kuching?

Thank you for giving any info.

7 Answers Apr 7, 2012 at 6:01 AM
    • LCCT to Melaka by bus

by jlpt69 Online Now Mar 10, 2012 at 8:39 PM

I will be in Melaka in April. May I get any suggestions here on how to get to Melaka city from LCCT airport. I know that nasional buses are here. But my flight arrives at 4 pm, and there will be no bus until 6 pm. It will be quite late for me. Do I have any alternatives? (eg. mini bus /van?) If I take a taxi, how much will it be?
      Thanks

Read more: VT Forum temporarily unavailable

4 Answers Mar 21, 2012 at 2:20 AM
    • cyndymc's Profile Photo

Dress Code

by cyndymc Online Now Jan 28, 2012 at 10:44 PM

I will be in Melaka April 6-7. May I know the customs/laws pertaining to dress code for tourists visiting churches and/or temples? Are sleeveless blouses/tees and knee-length skirts/shorts forbidden? Advance thanks :)

6 Answers Jan 29, 2012 at 5:42 PM
    • itinerary for malacca for a solo traveller

by sandsmadison1980 Online Now Dec 22, 2011 at 6:24 AM

hi guys!i hope anyone can help me with the malacca itinerary for a solo traveller like me. i will be there on dec 25-26. reach there at 10am. leave mallaca at lunchtime. any suggestions on where to go and places to visit?thanks a lot!

4 Answers Dec 22, 2011 at 11:05 AM
    • melaka

by myesanchez Online Now Aug 7, 2011 at 3:54 AM

Has anyone been to pure bar melaka raya? I need to ask something. Kindly help. Thanks.

• almanso's Profile Photo

transport from KL to Melaka

by almanso Online Now Jul 14, 2011 at 11:41 AM

Hello how r u?,
      I've read some 2010 posts saying that the only convenient, confortable, fast and cheap way to get from KL to Melaka is by bus.
      nevertheless i've read that it takes 3 hours. as i'm going to spend only the day in melaka and return to kl at night, do you know if by any chance there has been any improvements on the bus service to melaka??

thanks!!

6 Answers Oct 20, 2011 at 10:54 AM
    • almanso's Profile Photo

Melaka, is it a must see city??

by almanso Online Now Jul 9, 2011 at 10:52 AM

Hello friends!!
      I'll visit Malaysia at the end of August and i have one spear day. I was thinking in going to Melaka, is it worth it?

I have read a lot of good things about it, but i thought of asking it here, as you may recommend me a different city, place... it is just one day that I have withouta plan.

thanks for your comments!!!

take care!!

13 Answers Jul 10, 2011 at 1:56 AM
    • sunshine_01's Profile Photo

Any transport or taxi in the early morning from Tampin train station to Melaka

by sunshine_01 Online Now Jun 9, 2011 at 9:52 AM

Hi,

We will be taking the night sleeper train from Singapore to Tampin and the arrival time is about 4am. 1)Can someone advise if there are any form of transport available or is it easy to take taxi from Tampin to Melaka at 4am? 2)Also, are there any coffee shops or eating places in Melaka that are open early in the morning? There is no restriction to the type of food that we can eat. Please advise. Thanks a lot.

1 Answer Jun 19, 2011 at 8:48 AM
    • Shopping Advice.

by SLYNN.Q Online Now Jun 1, 2011 at 11:10 PM

Does Melaka have any Factory Outlet Stores besides Padini,F.O.S?
      For example, Nike, Adidas, New Balance Factory Outlets?
      If there are, please do tell me their locations.
      Thank you!

3 Answers Jun 6, 2011 at 3:11 AM