Melaka Travel Answers

change location
jrd69's Profile Photo

Bus from KLIA to Melaka

by jrd69 Online Now Jul 15, 2003 at 12:49 PM

I am trying to find out how to get from KLIA to Melaka without going via KL (Saving time and money) Is there a bus from KLIA or nearby? At what cost and how regular? I will be most grateful for any help you can give. Many Thanks

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Re: Bus from KLIA to Melaka

by Petaman Online Now Jul 16, 2003 at 10:48 PM

You need to get to Sepang - 10 mins by taxi. There is a local bus from sepang to melaka 6 or 8RM, but I don't know how often they run. If your feeling flush a taxi to Melaka would be 120RM

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • din2x's Profile Photo

Re: Bus from KLIA to Melaka

by din2x Online Now Jul 17, 2003 at 4:43 AM

Saving time? you may spend more time with not going to KL, and to save money, maybe you can, but not more that RM15 (about US$13). In a map, KLIA looks closer to Melaka than KL, but the problem is, if you dont want to go to KL, you can go to Sepang or Nilai (take bus at KLIA). from Nilai, you can choose to get Komuter to Seremban and this is the place where you can get direct bus to Melaka, it take lots of time to do that. if you decide to go to sepang, there is bus to Melaka, but not alot, and you only save around RM2.00 (less than US$1.00) If you go to KL, transnasional bus is available to go to Melaka for every 30 minutes, and it's only cost RM8.00 (around US$ 2.50). If you want to save money, dont use taxi or limusine to KL, but take ERL (the train) to KL... or, maybe you can take a bus to Nilai or Sepang, from there, you can go to KL... If you need any help, send message to me, as a local, maybe there is something I can do for you

• jrd69's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Bus from KLIA to Melaka

by jrd69 Online Now Mar 6, 2004 at 8:14 AM

Thank you for your advice we did use it. We have now returned and did go via Nilai and Seremban by bus. We arrived in Melaca just past noon (probably the same time as we would have, going via KL) We saw other parts of the country and maybe saved a bit of money on the way. Thanks again

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines