change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Bennytheball's Profile Photo

PAYG mobile phone SIM cards.

Morocco Jan 25, 2015 at 1:47 PM

I'm in the planning stages for my next trip to Morocco and need some advice about local SIM cards for Moroccan networks. I have a PAYG Huawei smartphone, now unlocked from the venal Vodafone network and want to buy a local SIM card with pre-loaded data plan, I'm not a lazy hound and have done my homework, proof here....

prepaid-data-sim-card.wikia....

But I find the information confusing, I will need 15 gigs for thirty days, and see the potential for rip-offs in setting up the phone with the local card, I can do this myself, provided it only involves switching the cards, but the outlet might want to charge an additional commission fee for this service. I only need this data plan to check the weather forecast while travelling, I won't be making any phone calls with the Huawei, I have another O2 phone for emergency use.

So, can any members with "hands-on" experience point me in the right direction?

No touts or theorists, please!

Benny.

more
    • looking for travellers to join a sahara/atlas tour from Marrakech on Tues 20 Jan

Morocco Jan 18, 2015 at 5:34 AM

Hey

My friend Edgar and I are planning to go on a 4 night trip, Tuesday 20 Jan to Saturday this week. We're both from the UK and wanting to travel the Sahara and Atlas mountains, starting in Marrakech. We'll probably go on a private tour, but looking for other travellers to join up with to have some company and to share the cost.

Reply if you're interested in joining up!

Tom

more
    • Itinerary suggestions!

Morocco Jan 12, 2015 at 11:34 PM

We've finally come to an (almost) certain decision about our honeymoon itinerary for this coming June-July. I'd love if anyone would give us a few of their top favorite: Riads/ hotels, restaurants/cafés, day trips/sights to see, etc. in each place listed on the itinerary! Whatever you've got to offer! :) here it is:

1.) June 28th 10:30pm LAX-Malaga: land Monday June 29th 11:55 pm
      (Flight 7084, 5551) 736$ each (Norwegian airlines/Kayak.com)

• Arrange for pick-up from Malaga airport to riad
      • Book riad for June 29th and June 30th-- Check out July 1st

2.) July 1st: Suprabus from Malaga to Seville (9am?)
      Stay in Seville from July 1st- July 4th

• Book riads/hotels for July 1st-3rd-- Check out on July 4th

3.) July 4th: Ryan Air flight from Seville to Marrakesh (5:30pm, 33 euro)
      Stay in Marrakesh 4th- 8th

• Book riads/hotels for 4th-7th --Check out on July 8th

4.) July 8th: Suprabus from Marrakesh to Essaouira (9 am?, 3.5 hours, 20$ each)
      Stay in Essaouira July 8th- 11th

• Book riads/hotels July 8th-10th --Check out the 11th

5.) July 11th: Suprabus from Essaouira to Marrakesh in am.
      Stay in Marrakesh July 11th

• Book riad/hotel for July 11th --check out on the 12th

6.) July 12th: Ryan Air flight from Marrakesh to Paris, France (2:30pm to the ORLY airport in Paris, 53 euro each through EDreams, Ryan Air/Jetairfly; takes 2.3hr)
      Stay in Paris July 12th-15th

• Book hostels/hotels for July 12th-14th-- Check out July 15th

7.) July 15th 9:15pm Paris- LAX 12pm (Flight 4314 & 7087; from Smartfares.com, Norwegian airline; $736 each)

more
    • Fes airport - oujda

Oujda Jan 11, 2015 at 12:16 PM

Hi im thinking about going to Morocco this summer and Im landing in fes saïss airport and I want to take the CTM bus to Oujda so I only have one problem that's how do I go from the airport to the CTM bus station??? Thanks for the help!

more
    • Adventure Activities

Agadir Jan 21, 2015 at 7:49 AM

How much is it for buggies (tours/rentals), quad biking(tours/rentals), moped rentals, jet sKi'ing, boat trip, scuba diving, souse park tree adventure, etc.

Looking for stuff more active, i shall be arriving in April

more
    • Agadir Excursions

Agadir Jan 21, 2015 at 2:07 AM

Hi am looking to go Agadir (Morocco) in April 2015, and would appreciate if someone can give me and insight on excursion/activities available and the PRICES and from whom.

more
    • csuresh's Profile Photo

Travel in April - Queries

Marrakesh Yesterday

I am in initial stages of planning a trip to Marrakesh - Morocco. I plan to have around 2 1/2 days to spend in and around of Marrakesh. I will be travelling with my wife and 2 kids (aged 9 and 6). My questions are
      - Is this place safer - we will not stay outside after dark but wanted to get some cautions/comforts
      - are there any health issue to ebola or other scars going on in Africa
      - If I need to visit sight-seeing places, what is the best mode to travel important places. Are there good group tours that one can recommend?
      - Generally what are the must-see places that you will recommend

more
    • Mezon1's Profile Photo

To Ain Ben Haddou by small car from Agadir and Marrakesch

Ait Ben Haddou Jan 11, 2015 at 7:19 AM

We plan to stay in Marrakesh from 20 to 28 of January. We would like to rent a car in Marrakesch and spend 2 or 3 days Ain Ben Haddou.
      Is the road from Marrakesch to Ain Ben Haddou safe and good enough for small car?
      Is the road no N10 form Ait Ben Haddou to Agadir safe and good for small car?

more
    • Autumn9's Profile Photo

Vegetarian restaurants

Marrakesh Jan 3, 2015 at 6:07 AM

Are there any vegetarian restaurants in Marrakech? How easy is it to get a vegetarian meal in a regular eating place and what should be asked for?

Autumn9

more
    • quality of environment in sidi ifni

Sidi Ifni Jan 2, 2015 at 1:59 PM

is it very windy in sidi ifni all the time? is it safe to swim in the sea - currents etc? is it ok( acceptable locally ) to lie on beach?

more
    • sossa1949's Profile Photo

Flying from Agadir Airport

Morocco Jan 26, 2015 at 9:15 AM

I'm flying Agadir to Manchester with Monarch on 14 February. Looks like I'm not able to print out boarding passes for this journey! Do I just turn up at the check-in desk with my hand luggage and passport (and hope for the best!!!!)

Thank you, Sooze

more
    • Weather currently

Agadir Jan 24, 2015 at 1:26 PM

Anyone currently in agadir that can tell me if it is sun bathing weather. I'm arriving 29th

more
    • Excursions/Activities

Agadir Jan 21, 2015 at 5:05 AM

Does any one here actually provide tours/excursions/activities in Agadir. If so what do you provide and for how much.

more
    • Tangier - where does it stand on tourist map

Tangier Jan 29, 2015 at 11:35 AM

Does Tangier have a Spanish flavour.a french taste. A moroccan palet or an amalgamation of the three.Does one have ascendancy culturally. Why is Tangier on the lower echelon of Moroccan Tourism

more
    • Driving fromRabat to Merzouga

Morocco Jan 23, 2015 at 3:37 PM

I know it is not recommended but we would like to get from Rabat to Merzouga in 1 day. Possible? How much time would be realistic to allow?

more
    • monicarc's Profile Photo

general safety question...

Marrakesh Jan 13, 2015 at 10:35 AM

just wondering, is it safe to wear an american style wedding ring in marrakesh and the surrounding areas? I always ask this question when i go to a new place, thailand/cambodia(yes), colombia (no don't wear it!), etc, so I am not picking on marrakesh in particular!!!

more
    • ger4444's Profile Photo

Best month to travel?

Morocco Jan 28, 2015 at 6:44 AM

Hello, i am planning to visit Morocco. I plan to travel around, and visit the north, as well the south and west, so i am not only in one region. I van bear temperatures unto 35 degrees Celcius and i would like to avoid heavy rains. What will be the best period to travel?
      Thank you!

more
    • Spain and Morocco honeymoon advice

Morocco Jan 11, 2015 at 7:32 PM

Hello fellow travelers! My fiancé and I are having a difficult time planning our honeymoon, and would love help!
      Here is what we've been thinking so far: We are interested in starting in Spain. Sevilla/e looks wonderful, as does Madrid, Valencia, Granada, and Malaga looks decent and we've heard pretty good things about it. From there (after spending time in 2 places for 3 days each, or something close to that), we'd like to move on to Morocco either by bus and then fast ferry into Tangier where we would quickly move on to somewhere else: places nearby Fez that we are interested in are Asilah, Chefchaouen, Sefrou and Volobilis. The other option would be to go from Spain to more southern Morocco, near Marrakesh. Places near Marrakesh we are interested in are Essouira, and Diabat ("the castle in the sand"). We are not interested in Casablanca, unless we are just departing there to come back home. We are also up for any and all suggestions and alterations, or new information and areas we have not yet thought about.

For our honeymoon we are looking to experience a combination of culture, sightseeing and easy adventures, as well as leisure, romance, and lots of great food and authentic, spanish and moroccan entertainment. I look forward to speaking with you soon! Thank you so much. My phone number and email is listed in my signature below.

more
    • mindcrime's Profile Photo

10 days tour without a car

Morocco Jan 9, 2015 at 9:32 PM

there's a great possibilty to be there for 10 days.
      we fly in/out of Casablanca.
      any ideas for a 10 day itinerary?
      is it easy to tour around without a car?

more
    • uk to tangier

Tangier Jan 26, 2015 at 4:54 AM

It seems that a flight from london to malaga and a ferry from port Tarifa to Tangier seems the easiest itinerary. I do find travel hard work and this trajectory seems reasonable. I cannot swim so I hope the ferry has lifeboats.i am mindful of that Titanic film.

more
    • uk flight and hotel

Tangier Jan 22, 2015 at 6:30 AM

Is there a direct uk flight to Tangier.Is hotel Tarik well placed for nightlife

more
    • Mcdonalds restaurant

Tangier Jan 27, 2015 at 10:00 PM

I am partial to a snack hamburger n fries and wondered of there was a McDonald's or a Berber King in Tangier. I visit them in marrakesh and agadir

more
    • how to travelagadir to meknes

by nawaz_muh Online Now Nov 26, 2013 at 10:17 PM

hi please help me.
      i am going to agadir but want to go to meknes. i find from internet that its about 600km from agadir to meknes. its too much.my options are limited i have to go to agadir because from ireland only 1 airline operates to morocco and only gping to agadir in winter jan-march. i am very confused. please tell me is any local or domestic flights operates between agadir to meknes if yes then what name airline ?
      2. please tell can i also take train from agadir if yes from where....?
      i would prefer airline travel from agadir to meknes because its less or safe .
      wait for answer...thanks

5 Answers Dec 7, 2013 at 11:06 PM
    • Driver from Casablanca to Meknes

by lonmys Online Now Mar 13, 2011 at 3:12 PM

Hi

I would like to know whether it is easy is it to find a taxi/driver to take us from Casablanca airport to Meknes?

Any ideas how much it would cost?

Any recommendations welcome!

Thanks!

2 Answers May 3, 2011 at 2:19 PM
    • Student in Meknes

by edbartley27 Online Now Aug 28, 2010 at 7:16 PM

Our daughter is soon to leave for Meknes for a semester of study at the Moulay Ismail University. We are concerned parents of course. She will be staying with a few other students in an apartment in Meknes. She speaks a little French. Any information you can give us would be appreciated. We live in the United States and parents worry when children travel so far.
      Also, she needs to travel from Casablanca to Meknes. We found a driver to take her. Should we be concerned for her safety?
      Sincerely.

29 Answers Sep 25, 2010 at 6:20 AM
    • SammiJo2787's Profile Photo

Studying in Meknes

by SammiJo2787 Online Now Nov 18, 2007 at 10:18 PM

I am planning on studying in Meknes this summer and by the time I am there I will have been taking Arabic for one year, but I am curious to know if it would be easy to travel around without knowing a great deal of the language. I am also concerned about safety. Is this a place where I should always travel in a group, or will I be okay traveling alone? Any information would be appreciated! Thanks!

13 Answers Sep 21, 2008 at 10:43 AM
    • Any danger traveling To Morocco Meknes for women

by Sabrina29 Online Now Jan 26, 2007 at 1:36 PM

Hi. I am planning on traveling to Morocco Meknes to meet my fiancee in the early summer months. I was wondering if you could tell me about the country and if it will be dangerous for me to travel there?

5 Answers Feb 9, 2007 at 6:40 PM
    • barryg23's Profile Photo

Left-luggage in Meknes

by barryg23 Online Now Feb 24, 2005 at 2:02 PM

Hi,
      Does anyone know if there is a left-luggage office at Meknes train-station (or anywhere in Meknes)?

Thanks,
      Barry

3 Answers Mar 3, 2007 at 10:21 AM
    • Transportation from Mohammed V Airport

by CarlEdwardRoss Online Now Jun 15, 2003 at 9:40 PM

I am trying to get to Meknes. I am due to arrive at the airport in Casablanca at 6:00am on August 2, 2003. How do I get to the train station once I arrive? I do not want to get lost nor have much time to. Will a taxi get me there faster? If so how much can I expect to pay for a trip that far?

4 Answers Sep 21, 2008 at 10:45 AM