Meguro

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Tokyo-Hakone-Disney

Tokyo Apr 24, 2015 at 3:26 AM

Hi, I will be travelling to Tokyo with young kids. Is it too adventurous to try to go to Hakone and stay a night in a ryokan from Tokyo then come back the next day to check in to a Disney hotel? this is assuming I use Takuhaibin to send our baggage from the Tokyo hotel to Disney and then travel light to Hakone. Will it still be challenging with young kids?

Thanks for any advice!

more
    • SummerHighlandFalls's Profile Photo

Superstores & Discount stores in Tokyo

Tokyo Apr 20, 2015 at 3:23 AM

Hi,
      Are there any large supermarket style superstores in Tokyo that sell a varied range of goods - I'm thinking of stores similar to Walmart in the US or Tesco in the UK, I realise that these type of stores might be on the outskirts of the city, but If it is close to a subway or train station that would be great
      I'm not looking for anything in particular, I just wan't to have a look around at the different products available in Japan.
      Also, are there any other large discount style shops - similar to the large Don Quijote store in Asakusa.
      Thanks for any advice
      Tony

more
    • I need an answer.

Tokyo Apr 30, 2015 at 8:57 AM

Hi, I am planning to visit Japan with my son who is 12. I am slightly worried after looking into it because of the many 'erootic' and rude things on display at shops right in the front door. Also as my son will want to visit game shops (He loves retro games and I gave him an old SEGA for his birthday). Should I worry?

more
    • BelsT's Profile Photo

Asakusa Accommodations

Tokyo Apr 9, 2015 at 3:59 AM

Will be visiting Tokyo on May17 and I would like to stay in Asakusa district. But I am having a hard time finding a non-smoking twin room. I am ok with a budget hotel as long as it is clean and in a safe area.

more
    • BelsT's Profile Photo

First Day Itinerary

Tokyo Apr 12, 2015 at 5:23 AM

I will be in Tokyo on a Sunday and will be coming in from Narita airport around 2pm. I would like to maximize my day so after check in I am thinking of going to:

1) Meiji Shrine - I have read somewhere that it's closed on Mondays but the shrine's website says it's open daily. I also know that I can reach either via Metro (Shinjuku-sanchome station- Meijijingumae station) or JR Line (Shinjuku-Harajuku station). I'm confused on how to reach the shrine after I exit either of the 2 stations. Google shows that it will be a 25 min walk from either stations to the entrance of the Shrine. The website of Meiji Shrine says it will be a 1min walk to the South gate. Which is which? Also, is an hour enough to really enjoy Meiji shrine?

2) Harajuku/Takeshita Dori - After I exit Meiji Shrine
      3) Omotesando- for Number Sugar/Omotesando Koffee/Crayon House (have their vegetarian buffet for dinner) Japanese food is my favorite! : )

4) Shibuya - do I still have time? If I don't I can do this the next day.

more
    • Where to shop and best buy for rolex watches

Shinjuku Apr 6, 2015 at 1:06 AM

What and where store we can find best rolex watches that is authentic and cheap prices? I will be in shinjuku this april 9 to 14, 2015.
      Please reply

more
    • Looking for a cat in Tokyo

Tokyo Apr 27, 2015 at 12:42 PM

Where can I buy a reasonable cat or kitten in Tokyo?

more
    • BelsT's Profile Photo

Narita Airport to Tokyu Stay Shinjuku

Tokyo Apr 11, 2015 at 1:11 AM

To reach Tokyu Stay Shinjuku I will take the NEX to:
      1) Tokyo Station - transfer to Metro (Marunouchi line) - Shinjuku-Sanchome station - exit and reach hotel on 1 min walk.

2) Shinjuku station which I believe is connected to Shinjuku-Sanchome. I am not sure how far a walk this will be. I will be bringing a luggage although wheeled and small size. Tokyo station seems daunting to a first-timer like me.

Which is the better way?

more