Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Athens Sep 7, 2015 at 8:07 AM

Need help in the following please: 1. Is there a Carrefour outlet in the Area the Syntagma Square and thereabouts? If yes kindly provide details.
      2. Which is the best way to get to Avenue Shopping Complex from the Hadrian's Arch area by public transport. Kindly provide details of Suburban trains and buses which connect with details of stations / stop from which to board.
      3 Any other Supermarkets in the vicinity of Plaka and thereabout.

• Bus vs. Car Rental

Athens Oct 1, 2015 at 9:32 AM

We will be traveling to Santorini Greece in July, 2016. I've been doing a lot of reading on using the bus system vs. renting a car and would like some guidance. I hear the buses are at full capacity during this very high tourist season, but I also hear that finding parking can be very difficult. We want to see many of the usual sights in Santorini including the beaches, ancient sights, old churches, etc. What do you suggest for transportation while we're there? If anyone recommends a rental car, do you have any tips for how to find parking at the various destinations? When we traveled to Italy, I found that we could reserve and pay ahead for parking in their parking garages in Rome where available parking is very rare. Thanks for your help!

• Making a connecting flight

Athens Sep 30, 2015 at 6:30 PM

Although I see someone who asked about making a connecting flight within the two hours they have between flights, I am asking if it is possible to make a connection if coming in to Athens on an international flight arriving 9:05 AM and taking the 10:15 AM flight on Aegean Airlines to Santorini. We will be traveling mid July 2016. The next available flight to Santorini is 1:15 pm.

• maviyam's Profile Photo

A group transportaion from Piraeus to Athens and back

Piraeus Sep 16, 2015 at 9:11 AM

We are a group of 12 people come to Piraeus on October 1 on a cruise. Is there any possibility to get a ride from the pier at port to Athens for the group without reservations.

• Kayaking across Greece

by smitbet Online Now Mar 8, 2008 at 6:12 PM

I haven't been able to get permission to transit the Corinthian Canal but my map shows what is probably a river from Alepochori to Megara of about 17Km. Does this river exist? Is it kayakable in September? The satellite picture just shows a brown streak. Is it dry? or just muddy.
      Thanks so much!

2 Answers Mar 10, 2008 at 1:22 AM