Medina Travel Answers

change location

Taxi from Madinah Airport

by Amreeki Online Now Mar 29, 2011 at 9:18 PM

Assalamu Alaikum,

We (a family of four) will be traveling to Madinah from Jeddah in Mid April, inshallah. We are coming from America for Umrah and will go to Madinah first. We will be staying at Elaf Taiba. What would be the best way to go to the Hotel from the Madinha airport? I assume, Taxi. If so, how much does it cost? Can I make prior reservation? If anyone can share number of Taxi company that would be great too!

Another question, we will be traveling from Madinah to Makkah (a family of seven). I was told Saptco would be best choice. Is it right? Or, it's better to take taxi? I checked online, it looks like Saptco costs about SR80 for their VIP service (one way). I have elderly parents with me.

Thanks for your response.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Mozumbus's Profile Photo

Re: Taxi from Madinah Airport

by Mozumbus Online Now Mar 29, 2011 at 10:35 PM

AoA :)

For Madinah Airport to Madinah, the best you contact your hotel to pick you up, may be they offer free pick-up, if not then you may ask them what would be the fair taxi charges. Imo, it must be >50 SR.

For Madinah to Makkah, we took SAPTCO for 75 SR round trip, but that was not VIP. Imo, you may get a private GMC for 500 SR which in your case makes sense (80x7=560). But after looking at SAPTCO VIP pictures, I would suggest you to go for SAPTCO VIP, espcially as a first timer. Hiring private taxi may be tricky, i.e. require experience, and you dont want to loose money/time because of lack of info. On the other hand private ones may be a bit faster than SAPTCO buses. Otherwise, SAPTCO buses are on-time and professional.

Hope this helps :)

Remember us in your prayers!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Dan30's Profile Photo

Re: Taxi from Madinah Airport

by Dan30 Online Now Mar 31, 2011 at 6:55 AM

The best option is to travel by Taxi. As have travel to few Arabian Gulf countries but not KSA I am full aware that most Gulf Arab States airports have full taxi services just take the local taxi.

Dan30

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines