Medina Travel Answers

change location

Coming to Madina !!!!

by tjanjua Online Now Aug 12, 2008 at 1:44 PM

Asslam-o-Alikum All:
Well, I am planning a trip with my family in September to Medina, inshallah. We will be coming to Madina after performing Umrah inshallah. Our stay will be very short,; about 48 hours and we want to maximize the benefits of our stay inshallah. I know it is going to be Ramadan and with hot weather, mobility is going to be some what limited. But if you guys can help in the following, it will be really appreciated. May Allah bless and reward you for your efforts.

What are the good, close to Haram and reasonably priced hotels in Madina?
What are the other sacred places we can visit close to Haram?
Good places to eat and Shop?
What is the best way for a family (4 people)to get around in Madina?
We have a flight to Jeddah, right after Friday prayer and will be very tight on time. Any tips so we don't miss the prayer and still make to the airport for the flight. How far is the airport from the Masjid Nabawi?
Anything else you like to add which is helpful in our stay?

Thank you and Jazak Allah Khair

Tanweer

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: Coming to Madina !!!!

by AJamal Online Now Aug 13, 2008 at 11:52 AM

Dear Brother, Walaikum Asalam
    First of all congralutions on your Umrah. May Allah accept it.
    As regards your questions, I would respond as follows based on my many visits to the holy city during last 18 years;
    1- There are lot of reasonably priced hotels around Haram. In fact the Haram is surrounded by hotels. However, depending on your budget you may check around, however those beyond Bab-e-Majeedi (towards North) are quite cheap (those behind Movenpick and Taqwa Inter-Con.
    2- Sacred places are Al Baqai Graveyard (adjacent to Haram - usually opened after Fajar and Asar prayers). Another sacred and historic place is Quba Masjid (about 4-5 kilometer from Haram). According to authentic Ahadiths, Prophet PBUS used to visit Al Baqai and Quba Masjid.
    3- There are many eatieries around Haram area - depending on your pocket.
    4- Taxis are available aplenty around Haram area
    5- It normally takes about 30 minutues from Haram to get to the airport;
    Also, it case some one has his own transport (or a hired car) it is best to take accomodation away from Haram (available comparatively cheaply) and drive to Haram since excellent underground parking is available in Haram.

Best luck.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • fffaaayyyeeezzz's Profile Photo

Re: Coming to Madina !!!!

by fffaaayyyeeezzz Online Now Aug 17, 2008 at 3:07 PM

Walikom Asslam, Same What I replied about your quistion in Makkah applied in Madinah with advantege that the 5 stars hotels in Madinah very close to Haram and so many like Hilton and so and so. you can visit Baqee also in Madinah close to haram, the companion of propheth Mohammed beace be upon him buried there. regarding your flight to jeddah if it is after 3pm Saudi time you can pray Jumah and catch it, before that is a risk. Inshalah you will be happy in Madinah, wish you the best.
    Fayez

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines