Medellín Travel Answers

change location

Where to stay in Medellin near Parque Lleras in El Poblado

by Donjamil Online Now Jul 17, 2011 at 7:21 AM

Saludos! Could someone recommend a clean, safe, comfortable, bargain-priced hotel in the middle of the night life in Parque Lleras, El Poblado? Thank you

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • mircaskirca's Profile Photo

Re: Where to stay in Medellin near Parque Lleras in El Poblado

by mircaskirca Online Now Jul 17, 2011 at 8:04 AM

Hi!

Before visiting Medellín I did a lot of research about the accommodation and then finally decided for Hostal Tamarindo. It is a rather new hostel run by a friendly Colombian Natalie, located in a quiet street of El Poblado, a lovely area with stylish bars and cafés, nice restaurants, boutiques and art galleries, just three blocks from Parque Lleras. It's a very safe area, even at night, so there was no problem to walk around alone.

Hostal Tamarindo offers variety of rooms, from dormitories (with private or shared bathroom) to double and single rooms. Medellín gets more and more tourists every year so make sure to book in advance, especially during the high season. Also bear in mind that here you are going to pay for your accommodation much more than in most other places in Colombia. I booked a single room and there was only an option with a shared bathroom. It was 55.000 COP (December 2009). When I arrived the hostel was full. Natalie gave me her own little room with a bathroom and she slept on a sofa in the TV room. The room was in the first floor, close to the laundry area and the kitchen.

There is a shared kitchen with free coffee and tea, internet access, free WiFi, laundry, bicycle rentals and they can organize tours, paragliding and dance lessons, among other things. You will also find a basket where you can leave things that you don't need anymore, and of course, take something if you need. What an excellent idea! Natalie is always helpful with the information or anything you might need. I would gladly stay there again if I ever return to Medellín.

address: Calle 7 No. 35-36
    metro station: El Poblado
    phone: +57 4 268 9828
    e-mail: hostaltamarindo@gmail.com

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • rob12c's Profile Photo

Re: Where to stay in Medellin near Parque Lleras in El Poblado

by rob12c Online Now Jul 19, 2011 at 8:01 AM

there is a few Hostels that are all around the same price. All are good clean and fun Hostels, privates are around 55 mil pesos and dorms arond 20 mil pesos.
    some hostels that are in El Poblado are-

The Pitstop hostel
    Casa Kiwi
    Tiger Paw hostel

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines