Medellín Travel Answers

change location

Bachelor Party in Medellin (Bogota/San Gil)

by uscguy22 Online Now Jun 6, 2011 at 9:07 AM

I'm heading for Colombia in August for a Bachelor party. Actually, have friends flying into Colombia from all over the world for this. None of us know what to expect nor what to do. We have this planned so far. 1 Night in Bogota, 2 nights in San Gil (Rafting, Hiking, Paragliding) and 4 nights in Medellin. Curious if the places we're going are safe (or if we should take any special precautions). Also, looking for ideas of waht to do in Bogota/Medellin. Any suggestions would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • nhoolb's Profile Photo

Re: Bachelor Party in Medellin (Bogota/San Gil)

by nhoolb Online Now Jun 6, 2011 at 9:57 PM

To go out in Bogotá:
    Parque 93
    Zona Rosa (near the Centro Andino shopping center)

In Medellin:
    Parque Lleras in El Poblado

Those are the safest areas to go out.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • rob12c's Profile Photo

by rob12c Online Now Jun 7, 2011 at 12:59 PM

1 night in Bogota
    depends what night it is in Bogota. The weekends in Bogota are wild in the Zona Rosa, But through the week almost every night has a specific club for that night. If you tell me the night you will be here i can recommend which clubs to go to.

• Re: Bachelor Party in Medellin (Bogota/San Gil)

by uscguy22 Online Now Jul 25, 2011 at 9:58 AM

Thanks Nhoolb. Very much appreciated. I read that the cities (Bogota/Medellin) have become a lot safer and you mention, "The safe areas to go out." Should we be very concerned with safety, up until this point, I wasn't terribly concerned (considering the positive news articles I have read recently). Thanks again, if you have any restaurant tips in either city, would love those as well. Gotta take the bachelor out for a nice meal amongst other things...

by uscguy22 Online Now Jul 25, 2011 at 10:01 AM

Rob,

thanks for your reply. We'll be in Bogota for 1 night, unfortunately it will be Sunday night so i'm thinking it's going to be very quiet. If there are any places you think we should hit up during the day sunday or in the evening, I'm all ears. We'll be in Medellin on Thurs,Fri,Sat so I think we'll be able to get our fill of partying. As I mentioned to Nhoolb, if you have any restaurant recs, I'd appreciate them as well. Thanks again for your reply, really appreciate it.

• rob12c's Profile Photo

by rob12c Online Now Jul 26, 2011 at 7:18 AM

yeah i think you might be all partyed out by Sunday, Also yeah you are right Sunday is quiet but in the Zona Rosa its always good in the day, Many restaurants and cool pubs/bars. The Irish bar is always full of locals which is good. Has a cool deck and good to drink in the day.

• nhoolb's Profile Photo

by nhoolb Online Now Jul 26, 2011 at 8:58 AM

In Bogotá I prefer Parque 93 and more specifically El Gato Negro.

In Medellín in Parque Lleras there are quite some-forgot the name the one I frequent there. In Medellín centre I like La Haciende Real on Calle Junín and the restaurant of the Museo de Antioquia on Plaza Botero.

by DonWon2011 Online Now Sep 3, 2011 at 3:34 AM

Wow sounds like a great trip, I actually got married in colombia and had my Bachelor party in San Gil.

You will have lots of fun there, like you said with the rafting etc. San Gil, although has a nice atmosphere is not a huge place and you will find a fair amount of americans, so when there ask them the place to go, as it seems to change often.

Have fun

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines