Medellín Travel Answers

change location
englishman007's Profile Photo

Visiting Medellin for a few days in April

by englishman007 Online Now Jan 15, 2008 at 8:48 PM

Hi, it will my first time in Colombia in April. Visiting Villavicencio ( I am a keen aviation enthusiast and Villavicencio has great old aircraft still flying) and from there I am flying to Medellin with Aires. I know medellin had a bad rep- but I hear things got much better. I am not some rich tourist and I am not flashy but I do like a good time. I am also gay. Is there gay life in medellin and is it safe to go to the gay areas? In many cities the gay areas tend to be in bad neighborhoods so I am a little wary. Any ideas of hotels in those particular areas- is there even an " area" where I should be situated- I also plan to see some countryside and bus it down to Cali- would that an advisable thing to do?
Many thanks for your assistance
Mike

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • nhoolb's Profile Photo

Re: Visiting Medellin for a few days in April

by nhoolb Online Now Jan 16, 2008 at 7:29 AM

You may want to check my (transportation) pages on Colombia- Bogota and Medellin.
    I used to be a (turbo prop) pilot and my opinion on aviation in Colombia is that its OK. Aires Avianca AeroRepublica are all up to standards.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • englishman007's Profile Photo

by englishman007 Online Now Jan 16, 2008 at 3:56 PM

Thanks - I will check out your pages
    have a greta day
    Mike

• nhoolb's Profile Photo

by nhoolb Online Now Jan 17, 2008 at 1:07 PM

BTW, you may want to check this article:

travel.nytimes.com/2007/08/1...

by englishman007 Online Now Jan 19, 2008 at 2:22 AM

What is wrong with you? can't you read? .
    I'm in Colombia to photograph planes, and yes I happen to be gay. Big deal.You're not worth bothering with- get a life and stop preaching to people - learn to look before you leap. People like you really spoil a site like this.

by englishman007 Online Now Jan 19, 2008 at 2:27 AM

Many thanks for the constructive info- I printed out the article and will have fun checking it out- you have been very helpful.Many thanks

by englishman007 Online Now Jan 23, 2008 at 4:36 PM

Deal with it- you are mean-spirited and cannot see further than your own warped ideas. Not everyone is a crook- you have lost the ability to tell the difference. Keep your opinions to yourself. Don;t blame always the evil tourist who might sometimes just maybe, want to help and assist those less fortunate- you make us all sound like we have no heart. I feel you are on this forum purely and simply to annoy and agitate and you have succeeded. Do not respond to me again and do not have nice day.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines