Medellín Travel Answers

change location
pekoe's Profile Photo

airport transportation

by pekoe Online Now Aug 10, 2007 at 8:00 PM

Does the Medellin airport have a registered taxi service? If not, what is the best option for safe transport to the city late at night? Thanks

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • rogue_eclipse01's Profile Photo

Re: airport transportation

by rogue_eclipse01 Online Now Aug 10, 2007 at 8:06 PM

Helloooo there. Ah, finally something I might knew a bit about. I was just in Colombia not too long ago. I believe the whole country runs on the same basic taxi idea (as my uncle there is a taxi-ist) there are taxi companies you can call and they will order you a cab to the airport, but most likely the taxi's will be right out there waiting in turn for thier next passenger. I believe a taxi driver is required to use his taximeter (in Bogota anyways) and has a little ID card with the fairs which shows his name and picture ect. So far, I've taken taxi's 11, 12 in the night and haven't had trouble but one) i went with locals who knew where we were going and about three of us in a car. I would be careful...just in case. Know your destination anyways and if you know anyone in the city you can trust, have them maybe meet up with you? Meh...not too sure about that, if they could do that they might as well give you a ride ;)

Hope some of this helps,
    Rogue

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • nhoolb's Profile Photo

Re: airport transportation

by nhoolb Online Now Aug 10, 2007 at 10:46 PM

Safe and reliable taxi service at Medellin's Rio Negro (Jose Maria Cordoba) airport. Fixed fares 45,000 pesos (16 euros) to the city, takes around 45 minutes.
    I travel to Colombia (Bogota and Medellin) frequently and never had a problem with taxis. You may want to check my pages on that.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines