Medan Travel Answers

change location

TAXI FROM MEDAN AIRPORT

by emilyduera Online Now Jan 26, 2009 at 3:53 AM

ARE THERE MANY TAXIS WAITING AT THE POLONIA AIRPORT ANY TIME AS SOON AS OUR PLANE LANDING? IS THE TAXI METERED? OR MUST BE BARGAINED?.
HOW MUCH APPROX PRICE TO MEDAN CITY (SAY CENTRAL ).
IS THERE ANY TAXI GO STRAIGHT TO PRAPAT (not sharing), and how much and how many hours from Medan to Prapat .
Is there any "decent" hotel and not very expensive in Medan ( say about50 per night) . good facilities ( with ac plus plus), in the city ( close to shops etc)
Thanks for your help. Emi

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • pPamela's Profile Photo

Re: TAXI FROM MEDAN AIRPORT

by pPamela Online Now Jan 26, 2009 at 1:13 PM

Hi Emi,
    We were in contact a long time ago before you had a few problems with your email- I had the same problem a few weeks ago.
    Yes, there are lots and lots of taxis waiting at Polonia Airport. Do you remember I took a taxi driver's number, but sadly it was recorded on my Indonesian sim and I lost the sim.
    And I never got around to putting up my photos.
    I did not get a taxi into the city as I was being met by a friend.

When I asked the taxi driver about how much it would be to Pemantang Siantar he said about 400,000 rupiah and I reckon the trip would have taken 2.5-3 hrs as Siantar is about 1 hr from Lake Toba.
    Now your question is to Prapat so that is about 3.5- 4 hrs by taxi and the price is probably about 500,000 because you must remember they have to return to Medan after dropping you there.
    For accomodation in Medan have a look at this website by Aussie Scott.
    sumatra-indonesia.com/accomm...
    I visited Blue Angel in the main street and it was very nice for the price.
    Click on Blue Angel and you will find telephone no. to book.
    They do not have many rooms and they book out very quickly.
    Pamela.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: TAXI FROM MEDAN AIRPORT

by emilyduera Online Now Jan 26, 2009 at 11:14 PM

Hi Pamela,

Nice to hear from you again.
    I saw your name many times on this Medan Forum. You must be a regular and loyal member and always on the net, nice to help people.
    Where are you now? On a trip somewhere or back in Aus (Sydney??) for Australian Day? I lost your email, ( or may be you changed it since you got same problem with me?, Horrible isnt). Give me your email so I can email you anc we chat, as lots of things I want to ask you. What is this "Blue Angel" like? Decent? with ac and good room and surrounding etc. Ok talk to you later and thanks again for your info. Emi

• pPamela's Profile Photo

Re: TAXI FROM MEDAN AIRPORT

by pPamela Online Now Jan 27, 2009 at 12:18 AM

Hi Emi,
    Great to hear from you. I was lucky I got my email address back because I rang nine msn and explained my problem and the fact I pay for my hotmail(so I have extra space to hold all the travellers' emails I receive).
    My email is pamelajoyfuge@hotmail.com
    I look forward to hearing from you. I also have a map of Lake Toba accomodation etc I can send you via email and any other traveller wanting such a map.
    Also have one of Prapat and also West Sumatra and Padang.
    Pamela

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines