Medan Travel Answers

change location

Medan weekend trip

by peiw Online Now Aug 1, 2006 at 1:38 PM

Hi

I'm planning for a weekend trip to Medan. Could you please help me with the questions below:

1) How far is Lake Toba from Medan? Is there any 1 Day Tour that I can join from Medan to visit Lake Toba?

2) Any idea how is Garuda Plaza Hotel? Is the location convenient?

3) How do I get from the Airport to the hotel? Any taxi/bus avaiable? how much does it cost?

Thanks.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • sisca_s712's Profile Photo

RE: Medan weekend trip

by sisca_s712 Online Now Aug 7, 2006 at 4:25 AM

Hi,

1. Medan-lake toba is take 4 hours by bus.. but too tired to take one day trip.
    I suggest not only visit lake toba but also visit samosir island. so many tourist attraction you can see in this island such as tradional dance, you can also view how local people made some handycraft in this island...So after arrive in lake toba u can go to tuk tuk and stay for one day in this place and take one day trip to see samosir island. wont be miss..

2. Garuda plaza hotel is in the city, near that hotel you can also see maimoon palace, grand mosque, deli park and some historical view..there are a lots of hotel also near Garuda plaza.

3. From airport to Garuda plaza is very near is only take 10 mins, you can take taxi from airport or if you are not bring many luggages, you can also walk out from airport and take taxi from outside airport to Garuda plaza. I guess range from 20.000 to 25.000. More cheaper that take taxi from airport. Try to bargain taxi if you take outside airport.. or you can also take pedicab, there are a lots of pedicab outside airport. Range from 10.000 to 15.000. Try to bargain!!

Have a nice trip.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines