solo traveller april 30 may 5

by noel98 Online Now Mar 24, 2013 at 8:20 AM

Please can you help.me a package for 6 days 5 nightd stay

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • explore_discover's Profile Photo

Re: solo traveller april 30 may 5

by explore_discover Online Now Mar 24, 2013 at 12:55 PM

Medan Travel Guide is our Medan travel guide, we do not offer packaged tour here

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Daihappydai's Profile Photo

by Daihappydai Online Now Mar 24, 2013 at 2:04 PM

Much depends upon your interests - I personally wouldn't stay in Medan for 6 days, maybe one or two. You need to investigate other areas close to Medan. For example, there are plenty of buses to take you to Lake Toba if you want to relax and explore the island, there is plenty of transport to Berastagi (just two hours from Medan) where you can climb a volcano, see traditional villages, visit the Buddhist temple, or you could head to Bukit Lawang if you want to see orangutans.
    Depending on your time of arrival and departure, in six days it is possible to do Medan - Lake Toba - Berastagi - Medan, although a little rushed.
    My suggestion if you have five nights is Medan one night, three nights in Berastagi or three nights in Bukit Lawang, and then back to Medan for one night.
    Have a look at the Berastagi, Lake Toba, Bukit Lawang and North Sumatra tips on these pages and you might get a better idea about what would suit you best.
    Have a good trip.

• davidjo's Profile Photo

by davidjo Online Now Mar 24, 2013 at 2:50 PM

I agree with Daihappy dai that you should make your own way to Bukit Lawang which is a beautiful place by the river where you can see the orang utans and perhaps a jungle trek. Berastagi is a little further away and if you are an active person there is a volcano to climb and hot springs to visit. The town is a lovely place to visit and has two or three particularly nice guest houses. However i do not think i would go all the way to Lake Toba and Samosir Island if you are spending time at the other two places. If you are arriving in Medan early morning you could go directly to BL, visit the Orang Utans that afternoon and continue to Lake Toba the next day. I also agree that Medan does not have much to offer.

• noel98's Profile Photo

by noel98 Online Now Mar 24, 2013 at 5:21 PM

Hii the country i was refering was in Indonesia MEDAN

• pPamela's Profile Photo

by pPamela Online Now Mar 26, 2013 at 1:15 AM

Hi Noel98,

If you wish to engage an English speaking driver with modern air con car and have a special tour designed for you for 6 days and 5 nights which could include a tour of Medan, 2 days in Bukit Lawang and 2 days in Lake Toba and I day in Brestagi, then I suggest you contact Bob Sumatra via email at bobsumatran@yahoo.com.au
    Have known him for almost 7 yrs now and he has a very successful small travel business in Medan and takes travellers all around Sumatra.
    Pamela

• pPamela's Profile Photo

by pPamela Online Now Mar 26, 2013 at 1:16 AM

Photos of Bob and one of his cars. flickr.com/photos/86259885@N...

Pamela

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines