Travel Answers
Mechelen

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Few hours to spare between Zaventem and Charlerois.

Brussels Apr 15, 2015 at 1:14 AM

I will be dropping a friend at Zaventem (2pm flight) and then another two friends at Charlerois (6pm flight). I don't want the "Charlerois friends" to just wait at the airport for half a day so I want to show them some more of Belgium. I have a problem though with what I can do in this time frame somewhere between those 2 airports.
      For now the best I can think of is Nivelles & Villers-la-Ville.

Any other ideas on where to go would be appreciated. Also some advise on where to spend those few hours if it would be raining.

Thanks in advance for any tips!

more
    • Renting a trekking bike near Antwerp

Belgium Apr 29, 2015 at 11:15 AM

Hi folks, me and my boyfriend are planning a trip to Flanders in June. We want to visit Brussels, Ghent and Bruges, but we also want to go on a bike tour for 1 or 2 weeks. Where can we rent decent trekking bikes (including bags) preferably near Antwerp?

more
    • Brussels to Amsterdam and Amsterdam to Berlin

Brussels Apr 8, 2015 at 9:59 AM

i am planning to travel from Brussels to Amsterdam and then from Amsterdem to Berlin in the month of Jun. Can somebody tell me about cheapest way to travel please.

more
    • Where to go?

Gent Apr 8, 2015 at 7:36 AM

Hi! I have a meeting in gent tomorrow and after that I would like to go out on my own... I was hoping you could suggest a nice place where people wont see me as an alien when I enter alone. And possibly a place where I could make some contacts or share a bottle of wine with a stranger. Thank you for your tips!

more
    • time needed

Brugge Apr 7, 2015 at 10:17 PM

hi how many hours needed to explore bruges walking,
      do I have to buy 24hr card public transportation
      can I get information how to start when reaching train from paris for sightseeing
      thanks

more
    • 9tigers's Profile Photo

travel pass or buy 10 tickets for short/long trip?

Belgium Apr 4, 2015 at 11:48 AM

I am still not sure which is worth it. I heard about the 10 trips for 76 Euro. but does it mean for example if I am going to bruge and stop by another city on the way, then I will have use 6 tickets for 2 people? for that day?

there is also short trip 10 tickets for a price I remembered. does it only include bus trips in Brussels or anywhere in Belgium?

more
    • goodfish's Profile Photo

Belgium 10-journey passes

Belgium Apr 10, 2015 at 4:14 AM

I'm intending on purchasing a 2nd class, 10-journey pass that that The husband and I can share during our 8 days in the country, and which will cover us for just about everywhere we're going (math works). A couple of questions:

One of our journeys involves a 6-minute change in Leuven (platform 8 to platform 3). Can we make it? If for some reason we can't, can we just take the next train as long as the final destination/type of train is the same? The instructions (which aren't exactly explicit) notes that if a mistake is made, don't cross it out - fill out the next lines - but we'll be out of space on the pass at that point.

more
    • Charming Places in Belgium

Belgium Apr 20, 2015 at 12:41 PM

Hello everyone,

My parents will be visiting me soon in Belgium and they want me to take them to cute and charming little cities/villages to visit. They've seen all the major ones like Brouge, Gent, Antwerp, Leuven, Durbuy, Brussels, etc. Quite frankly I'm running out of places to take them :-D

So I turn to my trusted VirtualTourist friends for help! I want my parents to have a memorable stay in Belgium as usual so all suggestions are welcome! We have a car and prepared to drive up to 3 hours each way if necessary.

Thanks in advance for all your recommendations.

Cheers,

TravellingCA

more
    • Tina-Bxl's Profile Photo

housing in Mechelen

by Tina-Bxl Online Now Mar 20, 2014 at 4:56 AM

I have a friend from Italy coming over to Belgium, She will move to Mechelen from August to December for a traineeship.

She will have to search for a room: do you have any suggestion on how to find a low-cost accommodation in your city (e.g. useful websites, which are the most suitable areas of the city to find cheap rooms, if you have any information on families available for a sort of "aupair" exchange,...).

1 Answer Mar 20, 2014 at 5:45 AM
    • rlg2706's Profile Photo

Activities for kids in Mechelen

by rlg2706 Online Now Mar 22, 2010 at 5:10 AM

Can anyone help with this one? I am going to be spending a weekend in Mechelen, Belgium. I am meeting a friend from the continent and her family there. Our kids will be meeting for the first time and I need to find somewhere to meet where there will be lots for the children to do, where they can be active and can play together (there will be a language barrier. So hands on activities or adventure playgrounds or a big park to play sports, where they don't necessarily have to be able to speak to each other to play. There will be four boys aged between 6 and 9 and a 12 year old girl. My 12 year old will probably hang out with the adults so activities for lively boys please!!!!!
      Thank you for any help....

2 Answers Mar 23, 2010 at 9:20 AM
    • bus travel Mechelen

by heatherchant Online Now Jul 29, 2009 at 8:44 AM

My husband and I are hoping to visit Mechelen very soon. We are coming on eurostar to Brussels and then by train to Mechelen.Can we get a bus from Mechelen railway station to Novotel Mechelen Centrum on V Beethovenstr. If so, which bus do we get and do you pay the driver or get your ticket/s before boarding.
      I look forward to hearing any information. Thanks Heather.

5 Answers Aug 6, 2009 at 2:18 PM
    • Buses

by marykilbride Online Now Jun 19, 2009 at 7:45 AM

Is there a bus service from Mechelen to other places? How difficult would it be to travel to Bruges on public transport?

2 Answers Jun 19, 2009 at 10:12 AM
    • jeoren's Profile Photo

Modern architecture Mechelen

by jeoren Online Now Dec 21, 2008 at 11:41 AM

Is there any Modern architecture in Mechelen except this two buildings:

mimoa.eu/browse/projects/Bel...

?

1 Answer Dec 22, 2008 at 3:46 AM
    • Travel by train

by SuzetteFouche Online Now Sep 4, 2007 at 2:18 AM

Hope some one can give me an indication of the price of train tickets. I will travel from Mechelen to Brussels. And later from Mechelen to AMsterdam

2 Answers Sep 4, 2007 at 4:43 AM
    • Pictures of Mechelen

by Primula Online Now Oct 24, 2004 at 11:29 AM

Hi! I came in Mechelen on September 12th 2004, when all the people were celebrating the 500 years of this wonderful town...It was very very nice, and I will always remember that beautiful day, but unfortunately I' ve lost all the pictures I took during my short travel in Belgium! Now I'm looking for pictures about this celebration in Mechelen...can someone help me?? Thanks in advance! Primula, from Italy

8 Answers Mar 5, 2006 at 7:08 AM
    • Sinjoor's Profile Photo

bridge?

by Sinjoor Online Now Oct 3, 2003 at 12:10 AM

I need the name of a bridge accross the Dijle River. I was there with my NY friend the other day and took a photo of it , but can't remember its name. It's the one leading to the street called Persoonshoek. Any ideas?

3 Answers Oct 3, 2003 at 8:24 AM