Mecca Travel Answers

change location
DawnAmeena's Profile Photo

A MANARAT SCHOOL in the city of Makkah?

by DawnAmeena Online Now Feb 27, 2006 at 11:00 PM

I've been trying to find out if there's a Manarat School in Makkah. The only locations I know of are in Jiddah and Riyadh. Can any past grads or staff help me out. I've been unsuccessful so far in my web searches so far. Any info would be appreciated.

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • N.S.A's Profile Photo

RE: A MANARAT SCHOOL in the city of Makkah?

by N.S.A Online Now Feb 28, 2006 at 1:25 AM

Hi sister,

If you still in the residing in the USA, try to call the telepone directory by dialing 966 2 905, English service and ask for Manarat tel no in Makkah. If there is no tel no for the school in the directory, you may contact Manarat Jeddah to see if they can arrange for transportation from Makkah to Jeddah.

I'm really keen to help. I'm going to ask some friends and If your need is Just an international school in Makkah, you may find several International schools there. Meanwhile wait.

Rest assured we would find a solution.

Thanks

N.S.A

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • DawnAmeena's Profile Photo

RE: RE: RE: A MANARAT SCHOOL in the city of Makkah?

by DawnAmeena Online Now Feb 28, 2006 at 6:14 AM

N.S.A.
    Jazak Allahu Khairun. Thanks for helping, brother.

I've heard that the international schools don't teach Qur'an and Islamic studies. Is this true? This was our reason for trying to find a private school instead of an international one. We wanted to make sure that our kids still had some English classes, while at the same time continuing to improve their Arabic/Qur'an and Islamic studies (they go to an Islamic school here in the US.) Are international schools different in Makkah (because everyone is Muslim)?

RE: RE: A MANARAT SCHOOL in the city of Makkah?

by DawnAmeena Online Now Mar 3, 2006 at 11:20 PM

N.S.A.

Is this a Saudi number you gave me? If you found an e-mail address to any of the Manarat Schools, that would work, God wiling, as well. In the meantime, I'll just wait to see, insha'Allah, what you come up with, brother.

• RE: A MANARAT SCHOOL in the city of Makkah?

by zulfiqarsalim Online Now Jun 24, 2006 at 1:00 AM

There is a Manarat School in Makkah but it is an Arabic medium school. The International sections are in Jeddah, Riyadh, and Sharkia only and teach Islamic Education, Arabic and Holy Quraan as a part of the Curriculum. The Arabic medium schools offer English as a Foreign Language only, although now in Riyadh, Jeddah, and Sharkia they have introduced MUSTAWA RAFEEA classes, to which English is taught as a Second Language by British / American native speakers and is about one quarter of the weekly timetable. Hope this information helps. Please feel free to call me after 19th August at +966-504427142. I am a part of the Riyadh Administration.

E-mail addresses: Riyadh: manaratr@shabakah.net.sa;Jeddah: mjis@maktoob.com

RE: RE: A MANARAT SCHOOL in the city of Makkah?

by DawnAmeena Online Now Jun 27, 2006 at 8:40 PM

How about in Madinah? I've heard about a Manarat school there as well. If insha'Allah this is true, is the medium the same as Makkah?

Jazak Allahu khairun for everyones help so far. My husband and I really appreciate it =D

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines