Meaux Travel Answers

change location
katlamont's Profile Photo

Travel from Eurodisney

by katlamont Online Now Feb 12, 2013 at 7:22 AM

I am being forced into a weekend at Eurodisney but promised an escape for one day. Meaux seems perfect with the Cathedral and lots of cheese, haha. I wondered if anyone could advise on the best way to get from the theme park to Meaux? Thanks!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: Travel from Eurodisney

by Dunx Online Now Feb 12, 2013 at 8:09 AM

Take RER line A from the station Marne La Vallee Chessy (the Disneyland station) to Val d'Europe, then walk to the bus stop and catch service 69 (Mobilien) which terminates at Meaux. End-to-end looks like 40 mins all in.

All details at www.transilien.com

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • gwened's Profile Photo

Re: Travel from Eurodisney

by gwened Online Now Feb 12, 2013 at 12:39 PM

well i am biased been there zillions times, my wife is a native of Meaux, the king of cheese, brie...and mustard de meaux.

very convenient base to disneyland the family uses it all the time, of course we do it by car. The Cathedral is wonderful burial ground of bishop Bossuet the religiuous adviser to king Louis XIV and known as the Eagle of Meaux. Great garden, magnificent museum on WWI the battle of the Marne was fought all around the city. Inside the Cathedral there is a plaque on these memories, see my small contribution to Meaux page here
    "A bishop and a king, and family there too" - Meaux by gwened

it tells you on transports. Hope it helps

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines