by moburg Online Now May 5, 2012 at 7:00 PM

Is there a train from Meaux to Caen?

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Beausoleil's Profile Photo

Re: Train Schedules

by Beausoleil Online Now May 5, 2012 at 9:10 PM

ter-sncf.com/Regions/basse_n...

Yes, there is a train but it's not particularly direct. You go from Meaux into Paris (I think Gare de l'Est) and then take the Paris Metro to St. Lazare station where you get another train to Caen.

I suspect someone will log on later that can give you better directions or perhaps another mode of transport. I have no idea if there is a bus, for instance. You do have a choice of trains, but it appears to be a 3 hour trip.

You can get all the info you need at the above web site.

Enjoy your trip.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • cubsur's Profile Photo

by cubsur Online Now May 6, 2012 at 12:54 AM

That's the only way, to go through Paris as above. Distance-wise it's about 170 miles, 270km.

• cubsur's Profile Photo

by cubsur Online Now May 6, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Sorry, I should have said that there is a daily Eurolines bus from Paris to Caen at 1400hrs. That's the only bus.

www.eurolines.fr

• gwened's Profile Photo

by gwened Online Now May 6, 2012 at 8:55 AM

wow cant believe seeing Meaux in forum. Needless to say it bring memories family still there,and my wife is a native lol!!! Its a great place to see Disneyland cheaper thus ::)(bus 19) Plus a great museum on the battle of the Marne in WWI recently open.

yes you have to go thru Gare de l'Est(old gare de Strasbourg) in Paris and connect by RER E to Gare St Lazare that goes to Caen. or the bus as well on Eurolines from Paris. Taken that train to gare de l'est many times indeed....thanks for the memories.

Hope it helps

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines