Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• DenisP15's Profile Photo

Diving round Malta

Malta Yesterday

Hi there,

Planning my first trip to Malta in October.

And now I'm looking for the most helpful information concerning the up coming trip.

In this topic I hope to find some utolity information regarding diving round Malta,

we are two not so much experienced divers, Padi OWD, but too exited to dive new places and see this unique underwater beauty and mystery.

We are interested in to start with some shore diving not far from the coast, and one or two trips by boat to some outstanding dive sites.

Please be so kind to advise what destination to choose not far from good and quality dive shop

Hope will be lucky to read about it within TripAdvisor.

What will you advise to take some equipment with me or not, whether it is good enough?

What is about diving insurance, should I attend it in advance or get it upon arrival?

Should we be aware of anything?

Denis.

more
    • Malta or Gozo?

Malta May 4, 2015 at 1:25 PM

We are going to spend a week on Malta in September, my wife, our 15 months daughter and me.

Among all other things I'd have made a couple of dives, may be 2-3 days of diving.

Trying to understand first of all if it's better to stay on Gozo or on Malta to combine comfort for traveling with small child and same time willing to dive on best sites there.

Appreciate in advance your help to decide.

more
    • Kathie_R's Profile Photo

Malta diving trip

Malta May 11, 2015 at 12:11 AM

Hi there

This August I`ll go to Malta for my birthday with my boyfriend. I just started searching for hotel and divecenter. I`m certified diver (CMAS *) and I`m thinking about getting PADI AOWD/CMAS ** certificate during this trip, my boyfriend has never dive before so he probably will get OWD certificate. Hope you will help me to find answers for following questions:

- What is better, to choose 5* hotel and eat there or 3*-4* hotel and eat in the city?
      - Which location to choose? Gozo or somewhere else?
      - Have you visited any dive center? Which one do you recommend? (We are looking for fun and professional instructors, for teaching my boyfriend)
      - Any info we should know before visiting Malta (ferry boat, food, etc.)
      - What fun to do for birthday party (clubs, shows, fun activities etc.)

Thank you in advance, hope you will help us to make this trip awesome

more
    • Rent a car on Gozo?

Malta May 4, 2015 at 1:29 PM

Are there car rental companies on Gozo?
      Is it allowed to move with rental car from Gozo to Malta and back by ferry?

more
    • Malta pass - any experiences?

Malta May 10, 2015 at 6:46 AM

We're travelling to Malta in June. I've just come across an advertisement about the Malta pass. In some countries, these passes are well worth their price, in other places not at all. If someone has first-hand experience about the pass, I'd be more than happy to read it.
      INFO: prices in May - with 50% discount are the following: one-day pass 24,95 EUR; two-day pass 39,95 EUR, three-day pass 49,95 EUR. If you purchase the pass until the end of May, you can get it for these reduced prices; and the pass is valid for 12 months. So if someone is considering buying such a pass, it's worth getting it in May. (You can buy it online, if you wish.)

more
    • songlines's Profile Photo

appartment in Gozo?

Gozo May 8, 2015 at 3:24 PM

We are thinking of going to Gozo during some of the winter months, September to November or so, and we want to rent an apartment to save on hotel bills. Can anyone point us in the right direction please?

more
    • Baby food?

Malta May 14, 2015 at 10:56 AM

We are travelling with baby and are interested whether Hipp baby food available on Malta or not? I mean puree in jars like white carrot, pumpkin, pastinaken, apple, pear, apricot, banana?

And where to look for them in supermarkets or in pharmacies?

more
    • DenisP15's Profile Photo

Rent a scooter and go sightseeing

Malta Apr 28, 2015 at 9:29 AM

Hi,

I'm gonna visit Malta, Sliema, this year in September, together with my wife.

I guess the second half of the month.

Is it possible to rent a scooter, for a week a so, to go sightseeing round Malta?

Please advise what are the rules, is it possible to book a scooter in advance, and maybe some links for good rent servises.

Thanks,
      Denis

more
    • wedding in Mdina???

by niavi Online Now Oct 31, 2007 at 12:14 PM

hi just wondering if anyone can tell me if the Mdina Cathedral would be suitable for a wedding ceremony. i'm irish and we're getting married in malta next Sept. we have to pick a place to wed and the cathedral is one option we've been given along with St Pauls Rabat and Mosta Church...
      any feedback would be greatly appreciated as we have to pick one soon and have never been there
      thanks
      niav

3 Answers Feb 29, 2008 at 2:26 PM