McKinney Travel Answers

change location

Looking for extended stay lodging

by nebb39 Online Now Feb 15, 2006 at 12:23 PM

Hi there, I am going to be moving to Mckinney in March and need to find a place to rent for one to two months. All the places I could find require a minimumn lease of half a year.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • mccalpin's Profile Photo

RE: Looking for extended stay lodging

by mccalpin Online Now Feb 15, 2006 at 5:33 PM

1. Do you need a kitchen or not (or would a fridge and a microwave do)?
    2. Do you need to be IN McKinney itself, or can you tolerate a drive to work?
    3. How's ol' Redondo Beach? I used to commute to Torrance from Dallas a lot, and spent most weeks in the Homestead Suites near Hawthorne and Torrance...

Bill

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: RE: Looking for extended stay lodging

by nebb39 Online Now Feb 15, 2006 at 9:59 PM

1) A kitchen? Absolutly not, been living without one for the last four years.

2) I figure that Dallas will probably be where I end up going so anywhere of equal distance will be fine. I am getting out of the military in a few days and need to rent a place temporarly while looking to buy a home in or around Mckinney.

3) I grew up in Redondo Beach and never knew until I went and saw the rest of the world what a great place it is there. Never too hot or cold. Safe to walk the streets of the entire city after midnight even. Only problem there is that it is too expensive for me to live. I will miss the beach and the boating.

• mccalpin's Profile Photo

RE: Looking for extended stay lodging

by mccalpin Online Now Feb 16, 2006 at 6:34 AM

Hmmmn, well, one (somewhat expensive) answer are long-term suites hotels, which are targeted exactly at people who need to stay somewhere a month or two.

For example Homestead Suites (www.homesteadhotels.com) has several locations in Plano and Richardson. They offer monthly rates that can be as low as32/day - although it's closer to50/day in nicer areas.

These places do have full kitchens, which is a good way to save money to avoid eating out all the time.

Plano is 8(?) miles south of McKinney, and north Richardson is 11(?) miles south of McKinney. I live in Richardson - very nice place.

One sad thing here is that very few places are set up for the pedestrian lifestyle that you enjoyed in Redondo Beach - you have to have a car to go anywhere. Both Richardson and Plano are definitely family-oriented suburbs, although there are many places to eat out.

McKinney itself is growing like a weed, mostly on the west side (of Highway 75). The east side - where my brother lives - is the older, historic part of town. The west side is all new housing, with mega-houses going up everywhere.

If you find something in particular, give me a shout, and I'll tell you what I know about the location...

Bill

• ArenJo's Profile Photo

Re: Looking for extended stay lodging

by ArenJo Online Now Jan 15, 2014 at 10:28 PM

I stayed at Value Place and it was nice and the price was great.
    Also, you can search on craigslist for rooms for rent, but not many people list on there for McKinney. I posted my own ad looking for a place and got a good number of responses eventually leading me to the nice place I'm living in now.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines