Mazatlán Travel Answers

change location

Isla de la Piedra - lodging and lockers

by Nathico Online Now Sep 1, 2009 at 6:41 AM

Does anyone know if Twin Towers, the hostel-like place on the isla, is still there, I have read confilitcing information online.

Or, would someone recomend anyplace else to stay?

Anyone know about the availability of storage lockers at any of the places with camping or hamocks?

Thanks for the help.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: Isla de la Piedra - lodging and lockers

by mazjimmy Online Now Sep 2, 2009 at 1:08 PM

checking around no one certain hostel is open. Go to whasupmaz.com for a 'high' end hotel on Stone Island. There are a few hotels on Stone Island.. the place , Mazatlan, is empty. Everything is a deal. If you come here, stay at the LaSiesta in old town for a night. Inside room30 us, speak with Cynthia011526699812640. From there you can ferry to "Stone Island"$10 pesos and search for the best deal. There are many cheap hotels, as low as10 you could use as a base, but the LaSiesta is a good base. Has Wifi etc. My contact at Stone Island is gone a week or two, I don't go there much,but wouldn't trust a storage place unless it was at my hotel,lots of bad times here, so if your coming soon that's my advice. Buena Suerte!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • ReallymustiwtfM's Profile Photo

Re: Isla de la Piedra - lodging and lockers

by ReallymustiwtfM Online Now May 8, 2013 at 2:35 PM

I can help you find accommodations on the island. I live here. dj@dolphindreamer.net

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines