Mazatlán Travel Answers

change location
mexicruiser's Profile Photo

Mazatlan to Copper Canyon

by mexicruiser Online Now Jan 18, 2008 at 6:35 PM

I would like to know if anyone has done a trip from Mazatlan to the Copper Canyon on their own, without a tour group. If so, please could you give me any info on transportation between Mazatlan and either Los Mochis or El Fuerte, hotels in El Fuerte, hotels near to Divisadero and in Creel.

Also, is early October a good time for touring the area...we won't be taking any trips down into the bottom of the canyon.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Anne

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Reynald's Profile Photo

Re: Mazatlan to Copper Canyon

by Reynald Online Now Jan 26, 2008 at 6:41 PM

For tranport from Mazatlan to Mochis travel by BUS in TAP Bus line "Transportes y Autobuses del pacifico", they have 1st class service, the travel time is almost 5 hrs and cost25 USD (like 290 Pesos), i recomend travel to El Fuerte just 1 hr from Mochis and take the train there.
    In el Fuerte try the hotel with te same name "El Fuerte".
    As for the canyons... stay in Creel you will have more options to visit and things to do. The Train just stop 15 min in Divisadero so be aware not to losse the train.
    As for hotels in Creel most of people says "Margarita" like a good option but never stay there... i recomend "The Lodge at Creel" and "Sierra Bonita" i stay in both and are good hotels.

As for activities from Creel:
    - Arareko lake
    - Cusarare waterfall
    - Rekowate thermal waters
    - Basaseachi fall (the 4 largest in America) with almost 300 mts but 2 hrs from Creel

I hope this help to plan you travel... :)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines