Mauritius

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Car rental

Mauritius Apr 16, 2014 at 1:52 AM

Could someone tell me which car rental will be good for 2 days during weekend ? What could be the price to visit tourist places in that 2 days?

more
    • Car rental & Food expense

Mauritius Apr 16, 2014 at 1:41 AM

I am travelling to maurtius in the 1st week of May and will be staying for 1 week. I want to know expense for person for Car rental & outside food expense.

more
    • Weather in Mauritius in may

Mauritius Apr 10, 2014 at 12:17 AM

I am just about to book a family holiday in Mauritius staying at the Maritim at the end of nay very early June. I have noticed that the temp can be between 20 and 24. Does it feel hotter that this when your there?. We are heat lovers and do not want to find that it is to cold. Unfortunately we can't afford to go in peak season! Thanks in advance it's good to get advice from those in the know.

more
    • Stay and car rental in mauritius

Mauritius Apr 15, 2014 at 11:33 PM

Hi all,

i wanted to share my experience with you and would like to get some feedback also from people who have been in Mauritius for holidays. I have been at a nice guest house in the north and enjoyed a very peaceful and calm stay at a very reasonable price. But i have had some difficulties with big car rental agency which forced me to change same and rent with another car rental company. I've rented with one well known rental company but in the end the conditions had nothing to do with what we agreed at the beginning and they were very rude and aggressive.

In the end another couple who were also on holiday at the same guest house advice us to rent with one National Car Hire Mauritius and i was fully satisfied. They were on time and even gave us a nice package on the overall rental. We've got almost 15% discount on the 3 weeks rental and no charge were to be paid for delivery of the car. If anyone has encountered such same problem it would be nice to get some feedback. The overall experience make us understand that big brands are not always the best and are very expensive also.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Jose

more
    • Car rental

Mauritius Apr 16, 2014 at 1:52 AM

Could someone tell me which car rental will be good for 2 days during weekend ? What could be the price to visit tourist places in that 2 days?

1 Answer Apr 16, 2014 at 1:58 AM
    • Car rental & Food expense

Mauritius Apr 16, 2014 at 1:41 AM

I am travelling to maurtius in the 1st week of May and will be staying for 1 week. I want to know expense for person for Car rental & outside food expense.

1 Answer Apr 16, 2014 at 1:56 AM
    • Stay and car rental in mauritius

Mauritius Apr 15, 2014 at 11:33 PM

Hi all,

i wanted to share my experience with you and would like to get some feedback also from people who have been in Mauritius for holidays. I have been at a nice guest house in the north and enjoyed a very peaceful and calm stay at a very reasonable price. But i have had some difficulties with big car rental agency which forced me to change same and rent with another car rental company. I've rented with one well known rental company but in the end the conditions had nothing to do with what we agreed at the beginning and they were very rude and aggressive.

In the end another couple who were also on holiday at the same guest house advice us to rent with one National Car Hire Mauritius and i was fully satisfied. They were on time and even gave us a nice package on the overall rental. We've got almost 15% discount on the 3 weeks rental and no charge were to be paid for delivery of the car. If anyone has encountered such same problem it would be nice to get some feedback. The overall experience make us understand that big brands are not always the best and are very expensive also.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Jose

7 Answers Apr 17, 2014 at 3:35 AM
    • Weather in Mauritius in may

Mauritius Apr 10, 2014 at 12:17 AM

I am just about to book a family holiday in Mauritius staying at the Maritim at the end of nay very early June. I have noticed that the temp can be between 20 and 24. Does it feel hotter that this when your there?. We are heat lovers and do not want to find that it is to cold. Unfortunately we can't afford to go in peak season! Thanks in advance it's good to get advice from those in the know.

3 Answers Apr 11, 2014 at 6:53 AM
    • stay options

Mauritius Feb 28, 2014 at 10:47 AM

Hi guys I am travelling with my wife to Mauritius . Wondering if dookee house and monalysa holiday bungalows are appropriate choices in terms of safety and exploring the island. I am intending a 2 week trip and deliberating on hiring a car for the period of stay. Please advise and suggest on aviadamsster@gmail.com
      Cheers...

• Weather forecast current

Mauritius Feb 26, 2014 at 11:32 PM

Hi I'm travelling to Mauritius for honeymoon on Saturday and really worried as the forecast says rain every day. Will this just be the odd shower I know you can't predict the weather exactly but fearing the worst and dreading it raining all day everyday.

2 Answers Feb 27, 2014 at 5:45 AM
    • safety for solo female traveller

Mauritius Feb 19, 2014 at 1:12 PM

My next backpacking might include Mauritius and Rodrigues.. nature and wild life, hiking, biking, snorkling, kayaking if possible.
      Anything to be careful about except for the "normal" stuff ... back to accomodation before dark, don´t display your "gold"

3 Answers Feb 23, 2014 at 6:12 AM
    • kids activities

Mauritius Feb 18, 2014 at 2:09 PM

whats the best things for kids to do in mauritius im coming with 4 ages 8,11,13,17 thanks im staying north of island

2 Answers Feb 19, 2014 at 2:17 AM
    • Mauritius tour for 5-6Nights in april 2014

Mauritius Jan 25, 2014 at 9:55 AM

Dear All,
      We are planning for 5 or 6N honeymoon in Thailand (we are from India). Our total budget is 1000 to 1500 USD. It will be great if you could suggest great place which is away from cities and having beach and small games etc, so that we as a couple can give max time to each other with all fun activities.
      Regards
      Deepak

1 Answer Jan 25, 2014 at 9:56 AM
    • CatherineA11's Profile Photo

Buddhist temple

Mauritius Jan 10, 2014 at 11:00 PM

Where is the buddihist temple in Mauritius?
      Thank you

8 Answers Jan 11, 2014 at 8:56 AM
    • current weather conditions

Mauritius Jan 5, 2014 at 4:45 AM

can anyone tellme the current weather conditions in mauritius please ??

3 Answers Jan 7, 2014 at 3:06 AM
    • caudan waterfront

Port Louis Jan 4, 2014 at 4:10 AM

what will it cost to get to caudan waterfront from the cruise ship at the port?

1 Answer Jan 4, 2014 at 4:54 AM
    • ESSENTIAL Vaccinations for Mauritius

Mauritius Dec 30, 2013 at 6:31 PM

Hi

My daughter has just decided to go to Mauritius from Australia as a volunteer with a project for her Uni. Too late for most vaccines and clinics are closed for hols.

She has all childhood vaccines including HIB and Hep B. However no Malaria or Hep A.

Is this a terrible risk for her?

She will be there for 6 weeks and living with other students in the capital

Many thanks

Ger

7 Answers Dec 31, 2013 at 8:54 AM
    • ShobhanM's Profile Photo

from where to buy local sightseeing tours

Mauritius Dec 24, 2013 at 10:19 AM

where should i approach to buy local sight seeing tours in mauritius?

1 Answer Dec 24, 2013 at 4:28 PM
    • diner de noel 24.12 et sylvestre 2013

Grand Baie Dec 21, 2013 at 8:35 AM

quel gourmet restaurant proposez vous201324

• honeymoon in Mauritius

Mauritius Dec 17, 2013 at 9:43 PM

Hi peeps,

we hv decided to go Mauritius for our honeymoon , thus appreaciate some advices on the places and hotels...worth to spend along with nice climate during July 2014. Can we do our shopping there or bring our needs along.. seeking for some advice

Capito

1 Answer Dec 18, 2013 at 11:58 AM
    • LOCAL MARKETS

Grand Baie Nov 19, 2013 at 3:48 AM

Hi all. We are going to Grand Baie shortly and just wondered if we should pack half suitcases so we can fill them up with local clothes...is it cheap? Or are they trying to rob the tourists?
      Thanks

3 Answers Nov 19, 2013 at 5:00 AM
    • Carrying money to Mauritius

Mauritius Nov 13, 2013 at 9:48 PM

Im going to Mauritius in the month of december with my fiance now and wife then, for honeymoon. Would someone tell me whats the best way to carry money for our expenses? I dont want to spend extra on the transacation fees when using credit or debit cards. Any help you provide is greatly appreciated.

Also, do you know how good the hotel Tarissa is?

Thanks! Prem

3 Answers Nov 15, 2013 at 1:33 AM
    • Visit to Mauritius

Mauritius Nov 10, 2013 at 8:35 PM

Can some please help me, I want to visit Mauritius, I have not being there before and have now idea of how things look like there.

I would appreciate some will be kind to tell more about Mauritius.

Best Regards
      Don

7 Answers Jan 31, 2014 at 8:38 AM
    • travelling to rodrigues?

Rodrigues Oct 23, 2013 at 7:21 AM

I'LL BE COMING TO RODRIGUES ON 10 DECEMBER AND RETURNING BACK TO MAURITIUS ON 15 DECEMDER................WHAT PLACES YOU SUGGEST ME TO VISIT DURING THESE DAYS AND WHAT ACTIVITY TO DO...................

2 Answers Oct 29, 2013 at 5:25 AM
    • food and leisure

Mauritius Oct 22, 2013 at 5:34 AM

are there foodmarkets in bluebay, fish, prawns ext, im self catering , enjoy peoples food but love my own especialy comes to fish, can happy rajah make samoosas and rooty?

2 Answers Oct 29, 2013 at 5:34 AM
    • food and leisure

Mauritius Oct 22, 2013 at 4:54 AM

hi everyone, im traveling to the island in november,cant find a lot of info about local food, traditional food of Mauritius and apperently very exspensive is it at least nice and what is it that is so exspensive,( food wise,) i booked for self catering 2 weeks bluebay, its a island , there should be a lot of fish ,sea food,pau and fruits,asking

2 Answers Oct 29, 2013 at 5:45 AM
    • food and leisure

Mauritius Oct 22, 2013 at 4:09 AM

what is the local or traditional food in Mauritius, im traveling therein november and want to exsplore new food

3 Answers Oct 22, 2013 at 5:15 AM
    • food and leisure

Mauritius Oct 22, 2013 at 4:05 AM

what is the local or taditional food in mauritius

1 Answer Oct 29, 2013 at 5:31 AM
    • Affordable restaurants in Grand Bay area

Mauritius Sep 24, 2013 at 11:10 PM

What affordable eating places are available in Grand Bay area? We are looking for Indian vegetarian food preferably.

1 Answer Oct 8, 2013 at 1:21 AM
    • best location

Mauritius Sep 15, 2013 at 5:20 AM

We are looking to visit Mauritius early July 2014 for a family holiday.We are aware that this is the winter season but son's jobs mean this is the only time we can go.Where would be the best location to give us the best chance of good weather? Thanks Chris

3 Answers Jan 31, 2014 at 8:16 AM
    • Activities

Mauritius Sep 5, 2013 at 11:26 PM

hi i have planned my honeymoon in mauritius towards the end of november '13. we have done booking in The Residence.
      we have a stay for a week, wanted to know about the activites in which we can involve during our stay ?

13 Answers Jan 7, 2014 at 5:41 AM
    • Maykoopman's Profile Photo

Travelling season

Mauritius Aug 30, 2013 at 11:48 AM

Which time of the year do the locals do a lot of travels and which time of the year it is less touristy in general? I am not tied to a certain time to spend my holidays but would like them from mid-Jan. to mid april, to escape for a while from the cold in Europe.
      Has anyone travelled around without hotel booking, just finding something as you get there (therefore a low-season is necessary)?Tks

2 Answers Sep 23, 2013 at 2:49 AM
    • Maykoopman's Profile Photo

February in Mauritius

Mauritius Aug 30, 2013 at 11:22 AM

Is February a good time to visit Mauritius? I want to travel around by local bus and occasionally enjoy a nice beach but I am not a beach person, I rather discover things. Has anyone travelled around there in guest houses, if I estimate a budget of 60 Euros for accomodation and eating around local places should this be reasonable? I am not interested in resorts, I rather mingle with the locals.
      Does anyone know if Russian passport holders need a visa and where to get them?
      Thanks.

4 Answers Jan 31, 2014 at 8:16 AM
    • Stay in intercontinental

Mauritius Aug 26, 2013 at 9:09 AM

hi I am planning my honeymoom stay in Intercontinental during November '13. wanted to know if someone can help me to know about the property ?

4 Answers Sep 20, 2013 at 2:06 PM