Mauritius

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Name of a tree

Chamarel Jul 27, 2015 at 6:25 AM

what is the common or sciencetific name of paper tree or pied papier found in Mauritius?

• Blakium's Profile Photo

Best time to visit Mauritius

Mauritius Jul 23, 2015 at 1:22 AM

Hello,
      I've seen wonderful pics and reviews about Mauritius, what I need to know, is the best time of the year to go, and the mainly best place with more attractions :)
      thank you

5 Answers Jul 23, 2015 at 5:35 AM
    • mauritius in june

Mauritius Jun 4, 2015 at 1:47 AM

hello people of the world :) i have never been to mauritius and i along with my wife and 8 yrs old kid are planning to visit mauritius in the month of june for around 5-6 days. is it fine to travel in the month of june as i am avoiding phuket and krabi in thailand due to rainy weather. and if it is fine to visit in june which area should i chose please??? i am not looking for a secluded area but for a lively area where in can enjoy the beach activities and lively night life..need suggestions pretty quickly so please help :)

2 Answers Jun 5, 2015 at 11:21 AM
    • bus stop near dinarobin hotel

Mauritius May 9, 2015 at 5:46 AM

hi we are going to Mauritius in June. I see there is a bus stop near the hotel Dinarobin. I have checked maps and see there is a bus service, no 5, which goes to La Gaulette.

Does it stop at this bus stop?

thanks

• distance to shopping and restaurants

Mauritius May 6, 2015 at 12:47 AM

Hi, we have booked our family holiday at the Veranda Grand Baie Hotel for the 1st week in July 2015... its winter here in Durban... whats the weather like in Grand Baie during this time?
      Also.. how far away are the supermarkets, restaurants and shopping from our hotel... we are travelling with 2 kids... and am worried about them walking long distances... or do we have to use transport to get to restaurants and shops...and if so which type and how much does it cost?

2 Answers May 12, 2015 at 4:14 PM
    • Best area of Mauritius to stay for 3 months

Mauritius May 4, 2015 at 2:55 PM

What is the best (warmest,prettiest,best beach, close to amenities,restaurants etc) to stay during June,July and August? I just read here that during winter it can be cold and rainy in some parts of the island. is that so?

Appreciate any advice.

Thanks

Tamar

13 Answers Jun 30, 2015 at 11:45 PM
    • Recommendations for Accommodation?

Mauritius May 4, 2015 at 2:42 PM

We will be in Mauritius for 3 months. Can anyone recommendation an Agent,house to let for this time? What are the best areas to live there? Good car hire company?

Thanks

TamarG

1 Answer May 5, 2015 at 4:15 AM
    • Advice on which area to stay in

Mauritius Apr 23, 2015 at 2:33 AM

Hi all,
      I am currently planning a trip to Mauritius in November together with my girlfriend and I would appreciate some advice as to which area to stay in. We are primarily looking for a relax-holiday with the odd side-trip to Port Louis and some natural highlights (Black River, Ile aux Cerfs).
      I'm currently considering breaking up our 2 week holiday into 2 parts, spending a week in one area of the island and a week in another one. I am thinking about 1) Flic-en-flac/Wolmar area, 2) Grand Baie or Trou aux Biches and 3) Belle Mare / Trou d'eau douce area.

Basically I would like to spend one week in an area with some more 'action', where we would have the opportunity to eat out every night (rather than in the hotel restaurant(s)) and sample some local cuisine; then we'd spend one week in a quieter area in a resort just to relax.

So now my question is: does any area in Mauritius offer the combination of a nice beach with some options to eat out along the beachfront? Any particular resort that would qualify? Is wind something that I should take into account while choosing an area to stay in November?

Many thanks for your help!

• Shopping in Mauritius

Mauritius Apr 21, 2015 at 10:24 AM

Hi, I want to know the best places to shop for brand clothing bargains / factory shops in Mauritius. we're visiting Mauritius within the next 2 weeks. Also, I'm interested in wool / cotton type of products, someone told me there are factory shops for those as well. Where can I go look for it?

1 Answer Apr 21, 2015 at 2:58 PM
    • How much does site seeing costs in mauritius ?

Mauritius Apr 8, 2015 at 7:06 PM

Can any please tell me how much does local site seeing costs, I looking for traveling to good places in Mauritius. If I hire a cab for local site seeing how will the tour cost ?

5 Answers Apr 10, 2015 at 2:10 PM
    • how much dollars should I carry ???

Mauritius Apr 5, 2015 at 10:15 PM

Hi I ll be staying at mauritius for 7 days from tomorrow. My hotel provides me break fast and dinner.The cab facility for local travel is also already paid for. I would have to pay for my lunch and I m also planning to go for some water sports available there. I would like to do a little shopping as well. How much money should I carry?? Is it better to carry Mauritian rupee or USD?

2 Answers Apr 6, 2015 at 10:59 AM
    • Activities

Mauritius Mar 13, 2015 at 3:38 AM

Hello every one! Do u have any ideas about the cost of water sport activies ? Thank uu!

2 Answers Mar 13, 2015 at 12:14 PM
    • Mauritius Island

Mauritius Mar 9, 2015 at 2:48 AM

Hey every one, we are going to the island( mauritius) in 2 weeks, what are your suggestions for packing? I appriciate your help !

6 Answers Mar 9, 2015 at 3:38 AM
    • Linse's Profile Photo

price level

Mauritius Feb 27, 2015 at 9:33 AM

Hi
      What are the price level around Grand baie........ we are trying to deside if it's cheaper to take an all-inclusive hotel or only breakfast and then go out eating?
      Thanks 

3 Answers Mar 1, 2015 at 1:54 PM
    • Maykoopman's Profile Photo

shower at airport

Mauritius Feb 21, 2015 at 12:35 AM

Dos anyone remember if there are showers in the toilets of Mauritius Airport?(departure).i noticed hat there are often showers so i wonder if they are there too. Tks.

3 Answers May 12, 2015 at 4:26 PM
    • reagrding money

Mauritius Feb 11, 2015 at 5:18 AM

I am going to mauritius on 4th of march I booked a pacakage with half board meal and 3 day sight seeing my pacakage is of 6 nights and 7 days.
      How much dollars are I need to take with me for others expenses?

1 Answer Feb 11, 2015 at 4:28 PM
    • best place to stay in Mauritius... with kids

Grand Baie Jan 30, 2015 at 2:22 AM

hi... i have been to Mauritius before... in 2008... with my husband and eldest son then just 2 years old... we stayed at the Casurina Hotel... we didn't really enjoy that trip... as there was no shops/supermarkets/malls/restaurants nearby...so to even buy water we had to take a bus to grand baie... and with a baby it was extremely difficult... so since the boys are bigger now... have a second boy now...we are giving Mauritius another chance... we waited for the boys to be much older ( 5 and 9 years) so that they can travel easier... i would love to know which hotel is the best location and is the most family suitable place to stay... i am looking for a nice family friendly hotel... with food places/ supermarkets ...activities and nightlife nearby.. for easy access

Getting to Rodrigues Island

Mauritius Jan 29, 2015 at 2:35 PM

How do I get to Rodrigues Island from Mauritius?

1 Answer Jan 29, 2015 at 7:36 PM

Private accomodation

Mauritius Jan 29, 2015 at 4:23 AM

Does anyone know how easy it is to find private accomodation or does anyone know a good site for this purpose?
      Is there a money changer at the airport?

2 Answers Feb 2, 2015 at 4:25 PM
    • pierre1974dale's Profile Photo

Weather and trips

Mauritius Dec 27, 2014 at 11:09 PM

My wife & i are travelling to Mauritius on17th feb2015 for 10 nights. Any available info on the weathe also the both of us love walking so any tips as to where to walk and company's which provide such trips, we really would like to walk up lion mountain? any information would be great.

1 Answer Jan 26, 2015 at 12:49 AM
    • How to ask the check by sign

Mauritius Nov 26, 2014 at 5:44 PM

How do you ask (gesture) for the bill/check in a mauritius restaurant ?

2 Answers Feb 3, 2015 at 11:57 AM
    • Ebola Threat in Mauritius ?

Mauritius Nov 4, 2014 at 12:06 AM

Hi,

I just wanted to ask that what precautions are being taken in Mauritius regarding the Ebola outbreak.

I have my travel planned for 7th Dec 2014.

Let me know how safe is it to travel there?

Thanks for you help!

4 Answers Nov 4, 2014 at 9:35 PM
    • TAXI CHARGES

Mauritius Sep 27, 2014 at 10:23 AM

Hi,
      I am visting the Island with my Family.
      Do i book a car driver driven or can take taxis?
      Are the available across the Island or difficult to find one?
      What will be the Charges?
      I am staying in west part of an Island.
      Kindly help.
      Thanks
      nimish@axis-india.com

1 Answer Sep 28, 2014 at 7:50 AM
    • port louis

Mauritius Sep 24, 2014 at 1:28 AM

What is the best way to see the sights around port louis? taxi? on foot?

3 Answers Oct 16, 2014 at 8:59 AM
    • Oleh's Profile Photo

Transfers from airport

Mauritius Sep 21, 2014 at 7:06 AM

Hi there,

I will be travelling to Mauritius in December and I will need to arrange a transfer from the airport to my hotel in Trou D'eau Douce upon my arrival there.

Could anyone help me with an idea how and where to arrange a reasonably priced transfer upon my arrival?

Many thanks!

2 Answers Sep 21, 2014 at 9:35 AM
    • Galyam's Profile Photo

accommodation

Mauritius Sep 13, 2014 at 6:49 AM

My dear friends, I am travelling to Mauritius with 2 more friends in the end of November for a week ot 10 days. I would appreciate if you can recommend me where we can stay. We are looking for cheap to average accommodation, close to the beach, self catering. We want to be close to restaurants and some public transport. We are not very pretentious, but still need a clean and a safe place. I do not know the island, and I see many beautiful beaches, but any recommendations are welcomed. Thank you in advance. Regards

2 Answers Sep 13, 2014 at 8:08 AM
    • advice on hotel ambre

Île d' Ambre Sep 5, 2014 at 3:48 AM

any 1 who can give me an advice on hotel ambre (belle mare) mauritius????

6 Answers Sep 20, 2014 at 8:11 AM
    • October weather in flic and flac

Mauritius Aug 31, 2014 at 4:16 AM

Everyone mentions weather all year round but not specifically October. Can anyone help? travelling 13th - 25th. Is it cool on an evening?

2 Answers Aug 31, 2014 at 9:11 AM
    • Supermarket prices

Mauritius Aug 21, 2014 at 3:03 AM

Can someone give me an indication of current prices for basic commodities, ie a typical monthly shop for two adults including food (variety of local and imported) , cleaning materials, toiletries, etc but excluding clothing/footwear and capital purchases.
      Many thanks

1 Answer Aug 21, 2014 at 10:44 AM
    • Adventurre

Mauritius Jul 25, 2014 at 11:03 AM

Hi! Please help!!!!!! We are traveling to Mauritius at the end of September - 2 adults and a 7 year old. I found a site "mauritius attractions" and they charge in Euro or USD???? We are South African and will be using SA rand. They have an awesome day trip with undersea walk, parasailing, tube ride lunch, small waterfall and I'll Aux Cert island visit for 95Euro per person. This works out to be over R4000!!! It is a bit much for my liking - please let me know if this is good price and if not - where do I book all this for the right price?

1 Answer Jul 25, 2014 at 12:06 PM