Mauritius

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Car rental

by sonhmms Online Now 10 hours ago

Could someone tell me which car rental will be good for 2 days during weekend ? What could be the price to visit tourist places in that 2 days?

more
    • Car rental & Food expense

by sonhmms Online Now 11 hours ago

I am travelling to maurtius in the 1st week of May and will be staying for 1 week. I want to know expense for person for Car rental & outside food expense.

more
    • Stay and car rental in mauritius

by Jmurphy60 Online Now 13 hours ago

Hi all,

i wanted to share my experience with you and would like to get some feedback also from people who have been in Mauritius for holidays. I have been at a nice guest house in the north and enjoyed a very peaceful and calm stay at a very reasonable price. But i have had some difficulties with big car rental agency which forced me to change same and rent with another car rental company. I've rented with one well known rental company but in the end the conditions had nothing to do with what we agreed at the beginning and they were very rude and aggressive.

In the end another couple who were also on holiday at the same guest house advice us to rent with one National Car Hire Mauritius and i was fully satisfied. They were on time and even gave us a nice package on the overall rental. We've got almost 15% discount on the 3 weeks rental and no charge were to be paid for delivery of the car. If anyone has encountered such same problem it would be nice to get some feedback. The overall experience make us understand that big brands are not always the best and are very expensive also.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Jose

more
    • Car rental

by sonhmms Online Now 10 hours ago

Could someone tell me which car rental will be good for 2 days during weekend ? What could be the price to visit tourist places in that 2 days?

1 Answer 10 hours ago
    • Car rental & Food expense

by sonhmms Online Now 11 hours ago

I am travelling to maurtius in the 1st week of May and will be staying for 1 week. I want to know expense for person for Car rental & outside food expense.

1 Answer 10 hours ago
    • Stay and car rental in mauritius

by Jmurphy60 Online Now 13 hours ago

Hi all,

i wanted to share my experience with you and would like to get some feedback also from people who have been in Mauritius for holidays. I have been at a nice guest house in the north and enjoyed a very peaceful and calm stay at a very reasonable price. But i have had some difficulties with big car rental agency which forced me to change same and rent with another car rental company. I've rented with one well known rental company but in the end the conditions had nothing to do with what we agreed at the beginning and they were very rude and aggressive.

In the end another couple who were also on holiday at the same guest house advice us to rent with one National Car Hire Mauritius and i was fully satisfied. They were on time and even gave us a nice package on the overall rental. We've got almost 15% discount on the 3 weeks rental and no charge were to be paid for delivery of the car. If anyone has encountered such same problem it would be nice to get some feedback. The overall experience make us understand that big brands are not always the best and are very expensive also.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Jose

1 Answer 10 hours ago
    • kids activities

by fishpie Online Now Feb 18, 2014 at 2:09 PM

whats the best things for kids to do in mauritius im coming with 4 ages 8,11,13,17 thanks im staying north of island

2 Answers Feb 19, 2014 at 2:17 AM
    • ShobhanM's Profile Photo

from where to buy local sightseeing tours

by ShobhanM Online Now Dec 24, 2013 at 10:19 AM

where should i approach to buy local sight seeing tours in mauritius?

1 Answer Dec 24, 2013 at 4:28 PM
    • Carrying money to Mauritius

by premkumar1785 Online Now Nov 13, 2013 at 9:48 PM

Im going to Mauritius in the month of december with my fiance now and wife then, for honeymoon. Would someone tell me whats the best way to carry money for our expenses? I dont want to spend extra on the transacation fees when using credit or debit cards. Any help you provide is greatly appreciated.

Also, do you know how good the hotel Tarissa is?

Thanks! Prem

3 Answers Nov 15, 2013 at 1:33 AM
    • best location

by johnvb Online Now Sep 15, 2013 at 5:20 AM

We are looking to visit Mauritius early July 2014 for a family holiday.We are aware that this is the winter season but son's jobs mean this is the only time we can go.Where would be the best location to give us the best chance of good weather? Thanks Chris

3 Answers Jan 31, 2014 at 8:16 AM
    • Maykoopman's Profile Photo

Travelling season

by Maykoopman Online Now Aug 30, 2013 at 11:48 AM

Which time of the year do the locals do a lot of travels and which time of the year it is less touristy in general? I am not tied to a certain time to spend my holidays but would like them from mid-Jan. to mid april, to escape for a while from the cold in Europe.
      Has anyone travelled around without hotel booking, just finding something as you get there (therefore a low-season is necessary)?Tks

2 Answers Sep 23, 2013 at 2:49 AM
    • Maykoopman's Profile Photo

February in Mauritius

by Maykoopman Online Now Aug 30, 2013 at 11:22 AM

Is February a good time to visit Mauritius? I want to travel around by local bus and occasionally enjoy a nice beach but I am not a beach person, I rather discover things. Has anyone travelled around there in guest houses, if I estimate a budget of 60 Euros for accomodation and eating around local places should this be reasonable? I am not interested in resorts, I rather mingle with the locals.
      Does anyone know if Russian passport holders need a visa and where to get them?
      Thanks.

4 Answers Jan 31, 2014 at 8:16 AM
    • Expenses

by heyza Online Now Jul 14, 2013 at 1:54 PM

How much would it be including two way flights and a two and a half week stay in a decent hotel for a family of four be?

11 Answers Jul 25, 2013 at 4:03 AM
    • Is there a minimum amount of USD we are suppose to carry?

by manishnegi01 Online Now Jul 3, 2013 at 3:03 AM

Leaving to Mauritius on 21st July for our honeymoon. I am just curious to know if we are to carry any minimum amount of USD for our stay (5 days). The VISA requirements says a minimum of 100USD per day per person is required.
      Is it really like that?

8 Answers Jul 3, 2013 at 12:01 PM
    • Visa for Mauritius

by guruprasadrao Online Now Jul 2, 2013 at 2:38 AM

Do Indian citizens travelling from India to Mauritius need a visa to visit Mauritius for tourism purpose? If visa on arrival is available, do we need to fill out an application before getting there?

6 Answers Jul 8, 2013 at 3:33 AM
    • How much USD should be carried for a trip to mauritius.

by Puja88 Online Now Jun 18, 2013 at 11:45 AM

I 'll be going to mauritius for my honeymoon. Approx how much dollar should we carry with ourselves (2 people) to spend 6 nights/7 days in mauritius .

3 Answers Jun 19, 2013 at 9:43 AM
    • How much money to carry to Mauritius for 9 day trip?

by t_pankaj111 Online Now May 11, 2013 at 2:46 AM

Hi,
      I'll be on my honeymoon trip to Mauritius for 9 days. I've booked Tarisa Resort hotel (in Trou aux Biches) on half board basis. I need an estimate for 9 days lunch for 2 people in a decent hotel. The honeymoon package also includes 3-day tours. Apart from those, we will be taking 1 or 2 optional paid tours (visit to an island and watersport maybe). How much money in Mauritian Rupees should I carry? Please advise.

Thanks!
      Pankaj

2 Answers May 16, 2013 at 8:39 AM
    • Price for water sports packages

by ChandigarhDude Online Now Mar 19, 2013 at 6:40 AM

I wanted to get an idea on the price of water sports activities in Mauritius. The quotations given by my honeymoon planner are pretty high and wanted to know the right prices. If anyone has been there recently and can share their experience, it is highly appreciated.

Thanks

1 Answer Apr 9, 2013 at 4:26 AM
    • JDeere85's Profile Photo

Stay & Spending Money

by JDeere85 Online Now Feb 18, 2013 at 12:20 AM

Hi All! We are going on our honeymoon to Mauritius (Le Preskil Beach Resort) from South Africa, has anyone been there before, if so, how was it? Second question, we are going on a half board basis, how much spending money should be fine for the both of us per day? Many thanks!

4 Answers Mar 3, 2013 at 9:45 AM
    • Leaving for Honey Moon on 5th March - What are we to expect?

by Dean_mort Online Now Feb 13, 2013 at 3:28 AM

Hi, My fiancee and I are leaving for our honeymoon on the 5th March, and returning on 14th March, given that I hear Mauritius is being hit by torrential rain right now, does any one have any ideas of how bad it is and what are we to expect?

Im worried the whole time will be a wash out.... We are staying in balaclava Maritim resort.

Thanks

3 Answers Mar 3, 2013 at 9:45 AM
    • things to pack

by sejal.palrecha Online Now Jan 28, 2013 at 2:58 AM

as i am planning for a holiday to mauritius with my husband in march 1st week so can any one please tell me what things do i pack for my trip

and can u please tell what will be the weather of mauritius in march

4 Answers Mar 3, 2013 at 9:44 AM
    • NorKayak's Profile Photo

Kayaking

by NorKayak Online Now Jan 24, 2013 at 12:35 AM

I plan to travel to Mauritius later this year. The idea is to rent a Kayak Sit-On-Top and to paddle around for 2 weeks, sleeping on beaches with my jungle hammock. Any of you guys know a place where I can rent a good kayak for more than a day and not too expensive?
      Another thing, since I wanna sleep on beaches, is mosquitos, gnats and other blood suckers a big issue in Mauritius?

Thanks.

5 Answers Feb 21, 2013 at 4:54 AM
    • visiting Mauritius in January...

by samuel_m Online Now May 27, 2012 at 12:34 PM

Hello:

My wife and I are from California and are looking to travel to Mauritius over the winter break. We were hoping to come in early to mid January 2013 for about 7-10 days but are having second thoughts after reading online about the possibility of cyclones hitting the island around this time.

I would like to know from folks about how high the risk of a cyclone is this time of year? How often do they hit? Even if there is no cyclone, does it tend to rain a lot this time of year? Also, does the weather vary depending on which side of the island you stay? Since we are going to be traveling clear around to the other side of the world, the last thing we would want to have happen is for us to run into severe weather while we are there!

Any insights folks can provide would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

4 Answers Sep 27, 2012 at 3:50 AM
    • sheherezad's Profile Photo

Plug point type

by sheherezad Online Now May 15, 2012 at 12:32 AM

Appreciate information on the type of plugs used in Mauritius. Thank you!

5 Answers May 15, 2012 at 6:38 AM
    • MAURITIUS DAILY EATING COSTS

by TRAVELESSENCE Online Now May 10, 2012 at 8:36 AM

Greetings I would like to know what are the costs for eating out and grocery shopping in Mauritius for people that want to go on a sef-catering holday for 1 week. Would would be an average per person rate to budget for per day?

1 Answer May 14, 2012 at 12:15 PM
    • Maritius in August

by SaraMichelle Online Now Apr 22, 2012 at 10:34 AM

Hi
      We are going on our honeymoon in August 2012 and can not decide if we want to go the east coast or north west coast, We do like the sun!! Can anyone help?
      What are the tempatures in both areas
      Thank you
      Sara

3 Answers May 2, 2013 at 5:54 AM
    • Please provide feedback for travel to Mauritius in Febuary

by nites Online Now Nov 25, 2011 at 3:41 AM

I am looking for a holiday to Mauritius in the month of feb-12
      Weather sites says that feb has hot, humid and rainy climate.
      Please provide the actual feedback for the month of Feb.

Thanks

4 Answers Dec 19, 2011 at 10:12 AM
    • Honeymoon Advice for Mauritius

by honey2me Online Now Nov 8, 2011 at 8:51 PM

I want to take my honeymoon in Mauritius and wanted some advice. Mostly me and my wife are both interested in Scenic and natural beauty with some outdoor activities, not too interested in beaches. I am really interested in at least one of these:

1. Helicopter Ride
      2. Aeroplane
      3. Cruise
      4. Snorkling

I have a budget of3500 (I will be paying air travel separately) and the trip can last around 10 days.

Are there any good tour agents that we can sign up with. Any advise will be most welcome.

1 Answer Nov 28, 2011 at 5:15 AM
    • haleysmith's Profile Photo

Local cafes / bars near Le Residence or Constance LP?

by haleysmith Online Now Mar 31, 2011 at 10:34 AM

Some years ago we stayed at the Residence and loved it but would have been even more delighted if we had been able to walk or cycle to a local village for some beers and street food or local cafe and local life. Has anything changed since we came about 5 years ago? Also, in a review of the Constance Le Prince Maurice, it was mentioned that you could cycle to a local village for the street food. So, which would be better for local colour do you think?

1 Answer Aug 14, 2011 at 1:27 AM
    • Should I book a Tour before or after reaching Mauritius???

by sandesh583 Online Now Mar 14, 2011 at 2:02 PM

Hi I am booking accommodation and flights for Mauritius for my honeymoon, but travel agent is also offering 3 day tour at additional cost! is it worth booking tour beforehand or should I go there and book it by myself. Which will be cheaper?

The tour they are offering is for 3 full days to South and North Island ( via coach) and Ile Aux Cerfs (via boat). Is it worth it for around360 tour to these places for 2 people.

Please provide suggestions

THanks

1 Answer Mar 24, 2011 at 12:35 AM
    • omario25's Profile Photo

What to wear in February??

by omario25 Online Now Jan 29, 2011 at 2:18 AM

Hello fellow travelers!!

We will be visiting Mauritius next week! Can anyone suggest what kind of climate and temperatures should we expect? Also what to wear?

Thanks for the tips!

Happy travel!

Omar

5 Answers Jan 29, 2011 at 3:01 AM
    • annwag's Profile Photo

Indian Ocean islands

by annwag Online Now Sep 10, 2010 at 9:38 AM

Hi VT's
      On my way through Indian Ocean islands is Mauritius and Madagaskar.I wish to have the trip around Mauritius by car; can someone recommend decent driver/car near Saint Giles?
      I interesting how much local money (minimum) I need per day for lunches, drinks, small"touristic" shopping on Madagaskar/Mauritius/Sechelles?
      I plan change my money at airports but I have no idea HOW MUCH.
      My vallet isn't excesively fatty.
      thanks
      Anna

3 Answers Sep 13, 2010 at 8:48 AM
    • hugo boss factory outlet

by FATIMAO Online Now Aug 28, 2010 at 12:44 AM

hi
      o have heard there is a hugo boss outlet store in mauritius .please advise address or contact details if neone nos about it .thanks

2 Answers Apr 11, 2012 at 1:08 AM