Mauritius

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Best area of Mauritius to stay for 3 months

by TamarG Online Now Yesterday

What is the best (warmest,prettiest,best beach, close to amenities,restaurants etc) to stay during June,July and August? I just read here that during winter it can be cold and rainy in some parts of the island. is that so?

Appreciate any advice.

Thanks

Tamar

10 Answers 19 hours ago
    • Recommendations for Accommodation?

by TamarG Online Now Yesterday

We will be in Mauritius for 3 months. Can anyone recommendation an Agent,house to let for this time? What are the best areas to live there? Good car hire company?

Thanks

TamarG

1 Answer 19 hours ago
    • how much dollars should I carry ???

by ArunSubu Online Now Apr 5, 2015 at 10:15 PM

Hi I ll be staying at mauritius for 7 days from tomorrow. My hotel provides me break fast and dinner.The cab facility for local travel is also already paid for. I would have to pay for my lunch and I m also planning to go for some water sports available there. I would like to do a little shopping as well. How much money should I carry?? Is it better to carry Mauritian rupee or USD?

2 Answers Apr 6, 2015 at 10:59 AM
    • Mauritius Island

by Pani Online Now Mar 9, 2015 at 2:48 AM

Hey every one, we are going to the island( mauritius) in 2 weeks, what are your suggestions for packing? I appriciate your help !

6 Answers Mar 9, 2015 at 3:38 AM
    • Linse's Profile Photo

price level

by Linse Online Now Feb 27, 2015 at 9:33 AM

Hi
      What are the price level around Grand baie........ we are trying to deside if it's cheaper to take an all-inclusive hotel or only breakfast and then go out eating?
      Thanks 

3 Answers Mar 1, 2015 at 1:54 PM
    • Maykoopman's Profile Photo

shower at airport

by Maykoopman Online Now Feb 21, 2015 at 12:35 AM

Dos anyone remember if there are showers in the toilets of Mauritius Airport?(departure).i noticed hat there are often showers so i wonder if they are there too. Tks.

2 Answers Feb 22, 2015 at 12:00 PM
    • reagrding money

by AnkitM3 Online Now Feb 11, 2015 at 5:18 AM

I am going to mauritius on 4th of march I booked a pacakage with half board meal and 3 day sight seeing my pacakage is of 6 nights and 7 days.
      How much dollars are I need to take with me for others expenses?

1 Answer Feb 11, 2015 at 4:28 PM

Getting to Rodrigues Island

by Maykoopman Online Now Jan 29, 2015 at 2:35 PM

How do I get to Rodrigues Island from Mauritius?

1 Answer Jan 29, 2015 at 7:36 PM

Private accomodation

by Maykoopman Online Now Jan 29, 2015 at 4:23 AM

Does anyone know how easy it is to find private accomodation or does anyone know a good site for this purpose?
      Is there a money changer at the airport?

2 Answers Feb 2, 2015 at 4:25 PM
    • How to ask the check by sign

by patricksalle Online Now Nov 26, 2014 at 5:44 PM

How do you ask (gesture) for the bill/check in a mauritius restaurant ?

2 Answers Feb 3, 2015 at 11:57 AM
    • Oleh's Profile Photo

Transfers from airport

by Oleh Online Now Sep 21, 2014 at 7:06 AM

Hi there,

I will be travelling to Mauritius in December and I will need to arrange a transfer from the airport to my hotel in Trou D'eau Douce upon my arrival there.

Could anyone help me with an idea how and where to arrange a reasonably priced transfer upon my arrival?

Many thanks!

2 Answers Sep 21, 2014 at 9:35 AM
    • How much does sightseeing for 6 days in Mauritius cost?

by KW112 Online Now Jun 22, 2014 at 12:30 AM

How much does sightseeing for 6 days in Mauritius cost?

22 Answers Dec 30, 2014 at 2:07 PM
    • Expenses for 5 days in Mauritus

by kaustav_hati Online Now May 20, 2014 at 3:43 AM

I am going to visit in mauritus on 2nd of june and going to come back from there on 6th of june.My travel agent has arranged everything for us
      They have booked a hotel for us hotel name centara poste lafyete resot and spaThey have booke one guide for us.We are going to get a breakfast and dinner from hotel.They have also arranged tour for 3days over dere
      we need to bear expenses for
      lunchshoppingmisc expenses like(local sim+water bottle+motorised sport+spa+personal travelling for one day by taxi)
      so how much dollar i should carry for the above expenses

• Expenses in mauritus for 5 days

by kaustav_hati Online Now May 20, 2014 at 2:21 AM

I am going to visit in mauritus on 2nd of june and going to come back from there on 6th of june.My travel agent has arranged everything for us

They have booked a hotel for us hotel name centara poste lafyete resot and spa
      They have booke one guide for us.
      We are going to get a breakfast and dinner from hotel.
      They have also arranged tour for 3days over dere

we need to bear expenses for

lunch
      shopping
      misc expenses like(local sim+water bottle+motorised sport+spa+personal travelling for one day by taxi)

so how much dollar i should carry for the above expenses.

2 Answers May 20, 2014 at 3:28 AM
    • Car rental

by sonhmms Online Now Apr 16, 2014 at 1:52 AM

Could someone tell me which car rental will be good for 2 days during weekend ? What could be the price to visit tourist places in that 2 days?

1 Answer Apr 16, 2014 at 1:58 AM
    • Car rental & Food expense

by sonhmms Online Now Apr 16, 2014 at 1:41 AM

I am travelling to maurtius in the 1st week of May and will be staying for 1 week. I want to know expense for person for Car rental & outside food expense.

1 Answer Apr 16, 2014 at 1:56 AM
    • Stay and car rental in mauritius

by Jmurphy60 Online Now Apr 15, 2014 at 11:33 PM

Hi all,

i wanted to share my experience with you and would like to get some feedback also from people who have been in Mauritius for holidays. I have been at a nice guest house in the north and enjoyed a very peaceful and calm stay at a very reasonable price. But i have had some difficulties with big car rental agency which forced me to change same and rent with another car rental company. I've rented with one well known rental company but in the end the conditions had nothing to do with what we agreed at the beginning and they were very rude and aggressive.

In the end another couple who were also on holiday at the same guest house advice us to rent with one National Car Hire Mauritius and i was fully satisfied. They were on time and even gave us a nice package on the overall rental. We've got almost 15% discount on the 3 weeks rental and no charge were to be paid for delivery of the car. If anyone has encountered such same problem it would be nice to get some feedback. The overall experience make us understand that big brands are not always the best and are very expensive also.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Jose

7 Answers Apr 17, 2014 at 3:35 AM
    • kids activities

by fishpie Online Now Feb 18, 2014 at 2:09 PM

whats the best things for kids to do in mauritius im coming with 4 ages 8,11,13,17 thanks im staying north of island

2 Answers Feb 19, 2014 at 2:17 AM
    • ShobhanM's Profile Photo

from where to buy local sightseeing tours

by ShobhanM Online Now Dec 24, 2013 at 10:19 AM

where should i approach to buy local sight seeing tours in mauritius?

1 Answer May 27, 2014 at 10:21 AM
    • Carrying money to Mauritius

by premkumar1785 Online Now Nov 13, 2013 at 9:48 PM

Im going to Mauritius in the month of december with my fiance now and wife then, for honeymoon. Would someone tell me whats the best way to carry money for our expenses? I dont want to spend extra on the transacation fees when using credit or debit cards. Any help you provide is greatly appreciated.

Also, do you know how good the hotel Tarissa is?

Thanks! Prem

3 Answers Nov 15, 2013 at 1:33 AM
    • best location

by johnvb Online Now Sep 15, 2013 at 5:20 AM

We are looking to visit Mauritius early July 2014 for a family holiday.We are aware that this is the winter season but son's jobs mean this is the only time we can go.Where would be the best location to give us the best chance of good weather? Thanks Chris

4 Answers May 15, 2014 at 8:34 AM

Travelling season

by Maykoopman Online Now Aug 30, 2013 at 11:48 AM

Which time of the year do the locals do a lot of travels and which time of the year it is less touristy in general? I am not tied to a certain time to spend my holidays but would like them from mid-Jan. to mid april, to escape for a while from the cold in Europe.
      Has anyone travelled around without hotel booking, just finding something as you get there (therefore a low-season is necessary)?Tks

2 Answers Sep 23, 2013 at 2:49 AM

February in Mauritius

by Maykoopman Online Now Aug 30, 2013 at 11:22 AM

Is February a good time to visit Mauritius? I want to travel around by local bus and occasionally enjoy a nice beach but I am not a beach person, I rather discover things. Has anyone travelled around there in guest houses, if I estimate a budget of 60 Euros for accomodation and eating around local places should this be reasonable? I am not interested in resorts, I rather mingle with the locals.
      Does anyone know if Russian passport holders need a visa and where to get them?
      Thanks.

4 Answers Jan 31, 2014 at 8:16 AM
    • Expenses

by heyza Online Now Jul 14, 2013 at 1:54 PM

How much would it be including two way flights and a two and a half week stay in a decent hotel for a family of four be?

11 Answers Jul 25, 2013 at 4:03 AM
    • Is there a minimum amount of USD we are suppose to carry?

by manishnegi01 Online Now Jul 3, 2013 at 3:03 AM

Leaving to Mauritius on 21st July for our honeymoon. I am just curious to know if we are to carry any minimum amount of USD for our stay (5 days). The VISA requirements says a minimum of 100USD per day per person is required.
      Is it really like that?

8 Answers Jul 3, 2013 at 12:01 PM
    • Visa for Mauritius

by guruprasadrao Online Now Jul 2, 2013 at 2:38 AM

Do Indian citizens travelling from India to Mauritius need a visa to visit Mauritius for tourism purpose? If visa on arrival is available, do we need to fill out an application before getting there?

6 Answers Jul 8, 2013 at 3:33 AM
    • How much USD should be carried for a trip to mauritius.

by Puja88 Online Now Jun 18, 2013 at 11:45 AM

I 'll be going to mauritius for my honeymoon. Approx how much dollar should we carry with ourselves (2 people) to spend 6 nights/7 days in mauritius .

3 Answers Jun 19, 2013 at 9:43 AM
    • How much money to carry to Mauritius for 9 day trip?

by t_pankaj111 Online Now May 11, 2013 at 2:46 AM

Hi,
      I'll be on my honeymoon trip to Mauritius for 9 days. I've booked Tarisa Resort hotel (in Trou aux Biches) on half board basis. I need an estimate for 9 days lunch for 2 people in a decent hotel. The honeymoon package also includes 3-day tours. Apart from those, we will be taking 1 or 2 optional paid tours (visit to an island and watersport maybe). How much money in Mauritian Rupees should I carry? Please advise.

Thanks!
      Pankaj

2 Answers May 16, 2013 at 8:39 AM
    • Price for water sports packages

by ChandigarhDude Online Now Mar 19, 2013 at 6:40 AM

I wanted to get an idea on the price of water sports activities in Mauritius. The quotations given by my honeymoon planner are pretty high and wanted to know the right prices. If anyone has been there recently and can share their experience, it is highly appreciated.

Thanks

1 Answer Apr 9, 2013 at 4:26 AM
    • JDeere85's Profile Photo

Stay & Spending Money

by JDeere85 Online Now Feb 18, 2013 at 12:20 AM

Hi All! We are going on our honeymoon to Mauritius (Le Preskil Beach Resort) from South Africa, has anyone been there before, if so, how was it? Second question, we are going on a half board basis, how much spending money should be fine for the both of us per day? Many thanks!

4 Answers Mar 3, 2013 at 9:45 AM