Mauritius Travel Answers

change location

Leaving for Honey Moon on 5th March - What are we to expect?

by Dean_mort Online Now Feb 13, 2013 at 3:28 AM

Hi, My fiancee and I are leaving for our honeymoon on the 5th March, and returning on 14th March, given that I hear Mauritius is being hit by torrential rain right now, does any one have any ideas of how bad it is and what are we to expect?

Im worried the whole time will be a wash out.... We are staying in balaclava Maritim resort.

Thanks

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • pfsmalo's Profile Photo

Re: Leaving for Honey Moon on 5th March - What are we to expect?

by pfsmalo Online Now Feb 13, 2013 at 12:01 PM

Hi, I just came back from Mauritius this last weekend (9th Feb) and yes it has been raining during the month I spent there Did it affect anything we had planned, the answer is no. At times the rain seems torrential but it never lasts very long and the sun soon comes back out. There was a cyclone that hit Reunion island just 10 days ago but had virtually no effect on Mauritius. So don't be too worried, just think of enjoying yourselves.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • xymmot's Profile Photo

by xymmot Online Now Feb 13, 2013 at 12:34 PM

We can not predict mother nature, we can just watch it unfold and follow up on the situation. I expect you to stay in the resort room for over 24 hours at a time and call room service since it is your honeymoon. Have a plan B if it rains, and watch the forcast.

cheers tommy x

• Partyhat's Profile Photo

by Partyhat Online Now Feb 28, 2013 at 10:54 AM

Replying after a week or so to say that we are getting more sunshine these days than the last couple of weeks. Usually March is a nice sunny month and also less likely to get a cyclone than January or February. The one thing I will advise is to get yourself prepared for mosquitoes. After torrential rains mosquitoes, as well as the high humidity, sure is a concern. Enjoy your honeymoon.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines