Mauritius Travel Answers

change location

things to pack

by sejal.palrecha Online Now Jan 28, 2013 at 2:58 AM

as i am planning for a holiday to mauritius with my husband in march 1st week so can any one please tell me what things do i pack for my trip

and can u please tell what will be the weather of mauritius in march

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

Re: things to pack

by Donna_in_India Online Now Jan 28, 2013 at 3:31 AM

Hi - March is summer season in Mauritius which means it will be very warm and humid. It is also the wettest month so you will see some heavy rain. I'd prepare for swimming and take along an umbrella and rain jacket. During the day shorts/lightweight pants should be fine. We went for our honeymoon in June and it was cool (too cool for swimming) and we did have some rain. We didn't let that spoil our time - we loved Mauritius! If you like, take a look at my Mauritius page for some ideas of what to do - "Beautiful Mauritius" - Mauritius by Donna_in_India. Enjoy!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • anilpradhanshillong's Profile Photo

by anilpradhanshillong Online Now Jan 28, 2013 at 5:32 AM

Check out your VT email. Have sent you a .doc file.
    Happy Holidays!!

• pfsmalo's Profile Photo

by pfsmalo Online Now Jan 28, 2013 at 7:39 AM

I am on Mauritius at the moment. I know you still have 5 weeks before coming, but the weather will not change that much. Depending on where you stay (Flic en Flac, Mahebourg, Grande Baie) you can have brilliant sunshine, a little shower from time to time or a bit of wind, except Curepipe and its area, where it seems to rain all the time. T-shirts, shorts and sandals are the order of the day but don't forget something light and airy (trousers or long skirt) as the mosquitos, without being the deadly type are very active in the early evening, so you'll need some deterrant as well. FYI, today this morning sunshine until 11h00, brilliant sunshine. We left to do the trek down and up the Tamarin Falls and had everything from rain to sunshine. Back in Flic en Flac this evening it is now raining at 19h30. So you see there really is everything except cold. One thing certain is it is always warm, sometimes damp. Hope it helps your planning.

• Partyhat's Profile Photo

by Partyhat Online Now Feb 28, 2013 at 11:03 AM

Things to pack: insect repellent, sunglasses, light clothing, sun lotion, flip flops, bathing suits and camera. I am sure they are all already in your suitcase.
    Weather: In March you have less chance to have a cyclone visiting the island. Temperature is still warm and humid but bearable. You might get some rain, downpour rain for a few hours during the day or you can have several days or weeks without a single drop. The coastal areas are much less prone to get rainfall.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines