Mauritius Travel Answers

change location
JDeere85's Profile Photo

Stay & Spending Money

by JDeere85 Online Now Feb 18, 2013 at 12:20 AM

Hi All! We are going on our honeymoon to Mauritius (Le Preskil Beach Resort) from South Africa, has anyone been there before, if so, how was it? Second question, we are going on a half board basis, how much spending money should be fine for the both of us per day? Many thanks!

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • pfsmalo's Profile Photo

Re: Stay & Spending Money

by pfsmalo Online Now Feb 18, 2013 at 3:07 AM

The Preskil beach resort is rather upmarket so I imagine that drinks etc will not be cheap inside the resort. If you are outside the resort, street food such as Brianni or Mines frites(that does not mean french fries)is cheap enough at between 2 and 3€ a portion, which normally would be enough for 2 people. A coke on the street or at Mahebourg market can be between 28 and 50 roupies (40 roupies to 1€)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

by Donna_in_India Online Now Feb 18, 2013 at 4:18 AM

We also went to Mauritius for our honeymoon. We loved it and had a great time! There was a lot to see and do. We rented a car and drove all around the island. If you'd like, check out my travel pages for more info - "Beautiful Mauritius" - Mauritius by Donna_in_India. Have a great time and Congratulations!

• Partyhat's Profile Photo

by Partyhat Online Now Feb 28, 2013 at 11:09 AM

Spending money withing the hotel should cost you around three times more than if you spend it outside. Expenses for meals for a day in mid range restaurants cost less than US$100 per person.

• pfsmalo's Profile Photo

by pfsmalo Online Now Feb 28, 2013 at 11:41 AM

Expenses for meals for a day in mid range restaurants cost less than US$100 per person.

They already have half-board so only need one meal a day, if that. I think your $100 must be for the week!!!!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines