change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• DAO's Profile Photo

Letter of invitation?

Nouakchott Jul 23, 2014 at 12:08 PM

Does anyone have current information (2014) on how to get an LOI for a Visa?

Thanks,

DAO

17 Answers Jul 28, 2014 at 2:49 PM
    • Car or bike?

Mauritania Mar 9, 2014 at 7:37 AM

Hi. Great info. Is this doable with a car, or only by bike? Hoping to do about the same in a few weeks! All the best, Alex

3 Answers Mar 9, 2014 at 8:03 AM
    • TrangS's Profile Photo

Morocco to Mauritania

Mauritania Sep 29, 2013 at 2:44 AM

Hi everyone,

I am planning to go to Morocco, then Mauritania this December. Is there any public transport for this route? I do not drive so I am looking for a bus or trains. Of course the cheaper the better. If you have answers, I would really appreciate.

Best,
      Trang

2 Answers Sep 29, 2013 at 8:17 AM
    • Morocco-Mauritania-Senegal Frontiers - Is it Safe??!

Mauritania Jul 2, 2013 at 2:07 AM

Dear Travelers,

I am planning to do a car road trip from Morocco to Senegal. And I am hearing that the Borders in Mauritania are not sure at all? Did someone cross it recently? And notice something?
      I will be with a German Volkswagen Touran, I am Italian (blond...) and I wlll be with my professor teacher from Senegal (a woman) and her brother and maybe a moroccan friend... What do you think? We are planning to cross the borders around mi-august.

Thank you very much in advance,

All the best,

Lea

2 Answers Dec 28, 2013 at 11:55 AM
    • Best beach hotel

Mauritania May 27, 2013 at 1:42 AM

What the best hotel on the beach

1 Answer May 27, 2013 at 4:49 AM
    • christinenoel's Profile Photo

Travel to Mauritania

Mauritania Jul 25, 2010 at 2:51 PM

Greetings!

I have a friend living in Nouakchott, and I'd like to visit her. I'm living in NY now, and I worry a bit about traveling from here to there... mainly security issues. I would like to hear back from someone who's traveled there recently. I'd love to learn some good travel advice so that I can ensure my safety. I'm a smart traveler, so I feel that I'll be ok once I'm with my friend, but I'm just a little worried about the airport & standing out.

Also, I'm interested in doing a photo project related to my travels, and I'd love to hear any suggestions you may have on subject matter that I should look into.

Thank you,
      Christine
      c.n.thelen@gmail.com

5 Answers Oct 20, 2010 at 2:00 PM
    • visa available at border morocco and mauritania ?

Mauritania Jun 12, 2010 at 9:20 AM

hello
      im travelling with my 4x4 to sell to a friend of a friend in mauritania .
      i want to know if i can get a visa at the border btwn western sahara and mauritania as of today . i know things have changed recently .
      thank you !!

9 Answers Dec 18, 2013 at 11:52 AM
    • IVAN_KOPER's Profile Photo

From Noukchott to Casablanca by train

Mauritania May 19, 2010 at 6:55 AM

How often train goes from Noukchott to Casablanca and how much does it cost?

8 Answers Oct 20, 2010 at 2:02 PM
    • Mexican Restaurant

Mauritania Nov 17, 2009 at 6:39 AM

Is is still there? I plan on visiting next spring.

3 Answers Nov 17, 2009 at 1:10 PM
    • beingwren's Profile Photo

Road trip knowledge wanted-UK to Mali

Mauritania Aug 29, 2009 at 3:21 AM

Hi all. Im considering a road trip to Mali from the UK next Dec. Having difficulty finding any info on routes once i get Morrocco, thru Mauritania to Kayes Mali. I know it can be done! It would be great to get some tips.

2 Answers Aug 29, 2009 at 6:34 PM
    • swimming

Mauritania Jul 2, 2008 at 2:36 AM

Can you were a bathing costume when you swim in the see?
      Regards
      razzmetazz

1 Answer Jul 2, 2008 at 6:07 AM
    • pfsmalo's Profile Photo

Information

Mauritania Oct 19, 2007 at 6:08 AM

A piece of info about visas I just picked up on a French site for anyone that's interested : The embassy for Mauritania in Morocco has changed it's adress from Casablanca to RABAT.

Now : 6 rue Thani Lamdawar
      BP 207 Souissi
      RABAT

Morocco

Tel : 00 212 37 65 66 78

Also posted on Africa forum

1 Answer May 29, 2008 at 2:36 AM
    • uk to namibia south west africa help by road

Mauritania Aug 6, 2007 at 1:49 PM

hi im thinck of driving to namibia from uk and was wondering if an one has any sugestion and advise or fourm a train of cars on this trip the countries i plane go through are marocco, mauritania, mali ,burkina faso ,benin, nigeria, cameroon, congo, zambia, namibia caprivi strip where my journy will end if any one has any information please

• Business link.

Mauritania Jun 23, 2007 at 5:04 AM

how will i, as a tourist get connected to the kind of business i do in my country? In other words, during the cause of my stay how can virtual tourist get me the business contact so that subsequent trips will be both tourist/business trips? I deal with spiced juices. spiced honey these are generated from garlic. ginger and honey packaged in containers of variuos sizes.

• overland from ghana to morocco

Mauritania Feb 15, 2007 at 2:25 AM

I am hoping to travel overland from Ghana to Morocco via Burkina Faso, Mali, Senegal, The Gambia and Mauritania for 2 months. I was just interested to know if anyone has done this or part of it and could let me know any advice, places to go or not to go etc.
      Am not sure about border crossing between Mauritania and Morocco - is it possible to get a visa at the border? And is there any public transport or would I havt to hitch - not sure about that as am a solo female traveller.
      Would appreciate any help!! thanks
      rachel

2 Answers May 5, 2009 at 1:43 PM
    • going form Zouerat to Tindouf

Zouerat Feb 12, 2007 at 3:18 AM

around 20th February, i need to travel overland from Zouerat to Tindouf.Any idea?

• seafood

Nouakchott Nov 21, 2006 at 12:55 AM

what kind of fish crops in this region?lobster?

• crossings marocco mauritania senegal guinea-bissau

Mauritania Nov 2, 2006 at 3:44 AM

I am planning to travel to guinea-bissau by motorcycle soon. does anyone have updated information specifically on border crossings, land mines and the likes from westenrn sahara through to guinea-bissau. I know that there is a bit of heat in the north of guinea-bissau but i don't know how it might affect travellers.
      thank you

1 Answer Oct 8, 2007 at 5:59 AM
    • Hotels in Atar

Mauritania Sep 13, 2006 at 5:06 AM

My boss and his two kids are going to Atar in January to meet some friends doing the Paris Dakar rally which has a rest day in Atar. I have found details of some places in Atar he could stay but am unable to get hold of telephone numbers to book anything. (ie. I keep reading about Hotel Bab Sahara but cannot find any details) Does anyone have any suggestions or contact numbers for places to stay. They just need somewhere basic and clean.

Thanks.

2 Answers Dec 27, 2009 at 9:34 AM
    • dead ships on the port of Nouadhibou

Region de Dakhlet Nouadhibou Aug 11, 2006 at 1:05 PM

You have mentioned that there are many dead ships on the port of Nouadhibou. I am interested in them. Can you please inform me how many ships are there? And also the average weight of each of them.

thanks.

• Cathie_Irl's Profile Photo

Travelling from Mauritania to Morocco

Mauritania Jun 6, 2006 at 2:43 PM

I'm off to Morocco and Mauritania next month, flying into Marrakech, stay there for a few days, make my way to Mauritania, travel round then return to Morocco to continue my travels.

My question concerns the border crossing at Mauritania/Morocco. I know going south is not a problem, I am however getting conflicting information concerning the journey North to Morocco..... so far the 'information' is as follows:

1. No problem, although not too much traffic
      2. It is illegal - pay massive bribes or be arrested.
      3. Permission must be obtained from the embassy in Nouakchott and shown at the border crossing.

Recent, accurate information is appreciated. :-)

Thanks

Cathie

• Travelling around

Mauritania Feb 1, 2006 at 11:24 AM

What is the best way to travel around in Mauritania. Are there some regular buses or something?

• daedalusfilms's Profile Photo

$30 a day government-regulated minimum spending requirement?

Mauritania Oct 31, 2005 at 10:34 AM

Hello,
      I read that the Mauritania government requires you to spend30 a day when in the country, and that this is tracked by paperwork. Is this true?

• faneka's Profile Photo

In need of a Hotel!!

Nouakchott Sep 20, 2005 at 11:57 AM

I me and my team, will be at Nouakchott in january racing in the Lisboa-Dakar.
      We need a hotel to stay, but there are no rooms.
      Can anyone tell me of an hotel to stay? it's urgent...Thanks

3 Answers Oct 20, 2005 at 9:18 AM
    • thetrespasser's Profile Photo

Overland from Morocco - Mauritania - Mali (Oct-Nov '05)

Mauritania Aug 21, 2005 at 11:20 PM

I am planning to travel from casablanca all the way into Mali by road without my own vehicle around the end of oct. '05 and then flying back from bamako. I have scheduled this journey for a month. I know its difficult to predict travelling times in the great desert but still I would like to know if I am way out of the mark especially since I would be hitching rides and public transport if any. Also I would appreciate suggestions and recent border conditions that exist between these countries. If anyone is planning to travel this route and willing to share the fuel then let me know.

5 Answers Feb 18, 2011 at 8:40 AM
    • Vojtaa's Profile Photo

Trip to Mauritania

Mauritania Jul 26, 2005 at 8:16 AM

Hi,
      I´m planning to go to Mauritania in OCT (NOV) 05. I´m going from Sevilla through Morocco and Western Sahara and I´m looking for somebody to go with me. I haven´t decided for exact departure yet. If you´re interested please mail me...
      Vojtaa

2 Answers Nov 6, 2006 at 10:09 AM
    • entering mauritania

Mauritania Mar 5, 2005 at 9:46 AM

hi,
      i will be travelling to morocco in april and would very much like to spend some time in mauritania and perhaps senegal. as i would intend to cross the border from morocco i am wondering what the current political climate is like in the western sahara region. is it considered safe to go there? what security issues should i take into consideration when travelling to this region ? also, what public transport exists, if any, to make such a journey from morocco to mauritania? and if anyone has any knowledge of mauritania or senegal, how easy is it to travel across land from mauritania to senegal? would it be considered safe?
      any replies will be very much appreciated.

cheers
      niall

1 Answer Jun 4, 2005 at 1:10 PM
    • faneka's Profile Photo

Hospital Information

Atar Dec 27, 2004 at 7:55 AM

As you should now the Barcelona - Dakar will be staying in Atar from 8 to 11 of January. I will be traveling along, and would like to now the adress and phone number of the local hospital, just in case... Thank you very much! Have a good year!

• johnsakura's Profile Photo

morocco, western sahara and mauritanian car ride!!

Mauritania Nov 16, 2004 at 4:06 PM

im going south again with my car this time alone. my plans is to get out of portugal on december 18th and head south to morocco for a couple of days in erg chebbi sahara to get my car painted in erfoud for just a couple of euros ha! cheap cheap! i want to go fast. so max 5 days all way to mauritania, so this is be just a lift down south. ill direct go to agadir direct dakhla and nouadhibou mauritania. stay for 2 days and go to nouakchott after. ill stop here but anyone that wants to join in this trip i can give a ride and maybe share some fuel?! yup, better for me... we go all this way with car. pass western sahara and the huge desert in mauritania. 50 euros needed for mauritanian visa given at the border. contact me please... thank you joao leitao

1 Answer Jun 14, 2005 at 11:34 AM
    • villon's Profile Photo

Planning to go to Mauritania

Mauritania Sep 13, 2003 at 2:14 AM

Hi to all of you!!! Hope that you all are having a loooooot of fun wherever you are. I'm planning to go to the south pretty soon (I'm from Rabat-Morocco). I'd love to go to Chinguetti in Mauritania (I don't know if you heard about it: it's a thousand years old city in the middle of the desert, half buried by the sand very old and magic......). I'am looking for a travelmate in November (at the end of Ramadan) or in December...If you wanna go to the south of Morocco, or planning to go to Mauritania, just drop me a line at: villon@rocketmail.com Hope to hear from you guys soon!

1 Answer Sep 29, 2013 at 2:37 AM