Maui

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Easy walks/hikes to sights?

Maui Apr 10, 2015 at 8:42 AM

Hi everyone. Traveling in May - our first time in Hawaii. Staying on Maui 10 days and hope to fill some of the time exploring island's natural sights. Question is- Are the hikes to sights on Road to Hana too difficult for beginners or those with mobility concerns? We're larger folks, but we are relatively active so distance isn't an issue. (We just go slow.) However, I'm concerned about climbing. Can anyone suggest the best stops (on the RTH or other locations) that might be suitable for us? Thanks in Advance!

more
    • Wailea or Kaanapali?

Maui Apr 15, 2015 at 4:42 PM

Traveling to Maui this August, narrowed it down to the Marriott in Wailea or the Sheraton in Kaanapali. In my early 30s traveling with a 13 yr old, interested in snorkeling, swimming, hiking, etc. Any recommendations? Thank you!!

more
    • Wailea or Kaanapali?

Maui Apr 15, 2015 at 4:42 PM

Traveling to Maui this August, narrowed it down to the Marriott in Wailea or the Sheraton in Kaanapali. In my early 30s traveling with a 13 yr old, interested in snorkeling, swimming, hiking, etc. Any recommendations? Thank you!!

5 Answers Apr 16, 2015 at 12:02 PM
    • Easy walks/hikes to sights?

Maui Apr 10, 2015 at 8:42 AM

Hi everyone. Traveling in May - our first time in Hawaii. Staying on Maui 10 days and hope to fill some of the time exploring island's natural sights. Question is- Are the hikes to sights on Road to Hana too difficult for beginners or those with mobility concerns? We're larger folks, but we are relatively active so distance isn't an issue. (We just go slow.) However, I'm concerned about climbing. Can anyone suggest the best stops (on the RTH or other locations) that might be suitable for us? Thanks in Advance!

4 Answers Apr 11, 2015 at 1:55 PM
    • chriscomeau70's Profile Photo

Road to Hana or road from Napili to Kahului?

Maui Mar 5, 2015 at 9:16 AM

We are staying north of Lahaina and are wondering which of these routes would serve us best for sight seeing. We are allowing a full day for this journey. Other friends have recommended the Napili to Kahului route, although most seem to talk about the Hana trip. Thoughts?

3 Answers Mar 5, 2015 at 12:30 PM
    • shaunaD's Profile Photo

transport from airport to Hotel

Maui Feb 20, 2015 at 2:49 PM

Well i have booked my trip and am happy with where i have but i have a question as i don't drive what is the best and cheapest way to get to my hotel I have booked the kaanapali Beach hotel do i use a shuttle bus or taxi.
      all information is much appreciated.

4 Answers Feb 27, 2015 at 2:34 PM

Ka'anapali Beach Hotel

Maui Feb 1, 2015 at 2:42 PM

I would like to know if anyone has stayed at the Ka'anapali Beach Resort lately in say the last 12 months or so i have been researching hotels on Maui to stay this looks like a nice place but the reviews are about 6 years old .
      I am traveling in September or can anyone recommend a 3 star hotel that is not to expensive around $200 a night i only want to stay 2 nights.
      all help is appreciated.
      Thanks

6 Answers Mar 21, 2015 at 3:51 PM

Reasonably priced hotel

Maui Jan 24, 2015 at 12:43 PM

Hi Everyone I am travelling to Maui in September and its my first time so have been looking at hotels to stay in i will only be there for 3 days and don't drive so need a nice hotel that is easy to get to and from. Any advice is much appreciated Shauna

5 Answers Mar 21, 2015 at 3:48 PM
    • Where to stay in Kihei?

Kihei Jan 18, 2015 at 2:19 PM

we are travelling to Maul from April 17 to 25th. We thought Kihei would be a good location as far as being fairly accessible to other points on Maui. Can anyone give us recommendations on either a hotel or Condo location. It is overwhelming looking at all the choices on VRBO. There are many that look good but you never know. We are in our fifties and it is just the 2 of us. Any advice?

1 Answer Jan 19, 2015 at 6:53 AM
    • Whale watching

Maui Dec 17, 2014 at 11:51 PM

I'm going to Maui with my family (5 adults) next week. Someone had suggested going whale watching with the Pacific Whale Foundation. I've looked on their website, and they seem to offer a multitude of packages to do the same thing (so it seems).

Any suggestions or experiences with these whale watching tours? They seem like a fun family activity for a reasonable price.

I think the rafting option is a no-go, as my mom can't swim and will be scared to death. She'll want the stability of a boat.

Thanks in advance!

2 Answers Jan 8, 2015 at 1:44 PM
    • Stay close to Haleakala or drive from Lahaina? Jan weather?

Maui Nov 5, 2014 at 2:20 PM

Hello, We are touring Maui for 8 days. Here is our plan until now:

December 28th: Landing in Kahului at 10:30 AM

December 28th: Drive around West Maui

December 29th: Drive to Hana

December 29th and 30th: Stay in Hana

December 31st: Drive beyond Hana, and the back side of Haleakala

Dec 31st night: Stay near Haleakala or Lahaina?

Rest: Stay in Lahaina.

On the drive back from Hana on 31st, our plan is to stop overnight somewhere close to Haleakala National Park to catch the sunset on 31st or sunrise on Jan 1st. One advantage of staying close is that we don't have to wake up early and drive for 3 hours to catch the sunrise. But on the flip side if the weather is bad on 1st morning, we will have no choice to pick a different day. How is the weather generally in early January? Do you think its better to stay in Lahaina and pick a day to drive up Haleakala depending on the weather?

Thanks.

4 Answers Mar 21, 2015 at 3:48 PM
    • Accommodations in Maui

Maui Oct 22, 2014 at 8:08 AM

Looking at traveling to Maui in January. Are we taking too great a risk if we didn't have a reservation for accommodation?

3 Answers Oct 22, 2014 at 9:31 AM
    • How to find cheap flights

Maui Oct 10, 2014 at 9:16 PM

First just want to say hi I am new to the site my question is I always hear about these cheap flights but seems like they are either not out of Minnesota or to Maui can you please tell me what sites or how to go about getting the cheaper flights thank you very much.

4 Answers Oct 11, 2014 at 8:16 PM
    • Road To Hana

Maui Sep 14, 2014 at 9:52 AM

If I leave from Ka'anapali and return there is the entire road to Hana do able in one day, it gets dark at 6:00pm? What time would I have to leave in the morning and how many hours would it take. Is it better to do the Road to Hana on Saturday, Sunday or during the week because of local traffic? How many miles of unpaved roads are on the Road to Hana and what will the conditions be like in October?

11 Answers Feb 1, 2015 at 1:33 AM
    • How Long Does it take to drive the Road to Hana

Maui Aug 21, 2014 at 3:47 PM

How long does it take to drive the entire Road To Hana from Ka'anapali and back using the long route. They say it takes 12-13 hours. We would like to do some hikes, do some snorkeling see the red and black sand beaches. Will the trip be better splitting it into two days? Also, if I decide to get a a place to sleep for a night so I can split it into two days, what is a great location and a "reasonable place to stay. Guest houses, B&Bs and small notes with Island flair would be great. Please send rates if you can.

13 Answers Aug 22, 2014 at 1:12 PM
    • Driving the Road to Hana

Maui Aug 20, 2014 at 11:23 AM

Do I need a 4 wheel drive to do the whole Road?

How Bad is it between Kaupo and Ulupalakua Ranch?

Is there a road between Ulupalakua Ranch and Makena?

6 Answers Aug 21, 2014 at 3:54 PM
    • SarahAndMat's Profile Photo

Where to stay on Maui

Maui Aug 17, 2014 at 1:49 AM

If we loved Hanalei on Kauai, does anyone have suggestions on where to stay on Maui? Upcountry, Paia, Lahaina or possibly Hana (but not sure about the road to get there :-/)? Other suggestions? It's just the two of us, staying for 5 days. We like paddle boarding, hiking/nature and local restaurants, and would prefer to avoid big, busy resorts.
      Any advice much appreciated

Mahalo : )

6 Answers Aug 18, 2014 at 11:55 PM
    • Pali Walker

Maui Aug 10, 2014 at 9:02 AM

where do I find the coors light commercial about the Pali Walker

3 Answers Aug 10, 2014 at 12:21 PM
    • kona, big Island or Maui

Maui Jul 29, 2014 at 11:11 AM

I have been to Maui and loved it , I have never been to Kona but it sounds so layed back. 4-6 people are going and most have never been to either island. Which one do I focus on. Do not want to split trip, going for 9 days, all women so which one should we choose. Half excursions and half laying by pool or beach

2 Answers Aug 18, 2014 at 11:40 PM
    • Questions About Hana

Hana Jul 24, 2014 at 7:15 PM

Hello,

I am planning on moving to Hawaii sometime next year, and I am considering residing in the city of Hana. But I have a few questions about it.

Is housing affordable in Hana? What is the estimated price range for renting a home? I was hoping to rent a small and detached/private 2 bedroom house when I moved there, and I was looking to spend in the ballpark of $800-$850 a month.

Are there any job opportunities there?

Finally, are there stores within the vicinity of Hana, or would you have to go out of your way to find them?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

3 Answers Jul 25, 2014 at 4:06 AM
    • Help with luau

Maui Jul 3, 2014 at 7:10 AM

What is the best luau in Maui?

3 Answers Jul 3, 2014 at 6:38 PM
    • Date ideas Teen

Maui Jun 22, 2014 at 3:31 AM

Things to do on Maui for a date which are unique

1 Answer Jun 22, 2014 at 11:08 AM
    • Air conditioning

Maui Jun 6, 2014 at 5:09 AM

I am planning a late May vacation and want to stay in a Kaanapili beach condo. I notice some rentals advertise AC and other do not. How necessary is central air conditioning?

11 Answers Jun 10, 2014 at 6:07 PM
    • Best location(s) to stay

Maui Jun 4, 2014 at 5:47 AM

Is there a particular town or area ( A base camp) that is advantageous in terms of travelling around the island and seeing everything?

4 Answers Aug 18, 2014 at 11:46 PM
    • Best places in the world to live on the cheap?

Maui Jun 1, 2014 at 10:40 AM

What are the best places in the world to live on the cheap? I get $600 from disability but made the mistake of staying in major cities of various South American countries when I probably should have explored the jungle areas more. I am currently in Colombia and not sure where to go. Any suggestions?

3 Answers Jun 2, 2014 at 9:01 AM
    • Traveling to Kihei

Kihei Apr 7, 2014 at 7:41 PM

My wife and I plus our 23 and 18 year old sons will be in Kihei for holidays. Any suggestions on what (or not) to see and do? The same for restaurants? Thanks

5 Answers May 25, 2014 at 10:26 PM
    • Road to Hana in reverse

Maui Apr 7, 2014 at 7:18 PM

I have read it is a good idea to drive straight to the pools, then do the road in reverse. I don't know if this is a stupid question, but will I still be able to use the Road to Hana CD? Or will it be complicated, I don't want to miss anything.

4 Answers Apr 8, 2014 at 4:47 PM
    • Mountain Riders Bike Tours

Maui Apr 7, 2014 at 10:53 AM

Thinking of going on the Mountain Riders Sunrise Bike Tour, the day after we arrive, figure early pick-up (ie 2-3am)won't be too hard as we haven't adjusted to island time change. Anyways, reviews seem good and bad. We have three kids, aged 16, 14 and 11. Do you feel they will be okay on this tour? Will bikes be the appropriate size for them? Any opinions or helpful tips greatly appreciated. Thxs!!!

1 Answer Apr 7, 2014 at 10:56 AM
    • Maui vs Oahu

Maui Mar 21, 2014 at 7:55 PM

I am 30 and my husband is 34. We have an 11 year old daughter and can't decide between Maui or Oahu for August. Please help!

70 Answers Mar 29, 2014 at 8:26 AM
    • goat hunting

Haleakala National Park Mar 12, 2014 at 4:45 PM

how is the goat hunting on the mountain these days

3 Answers Mar 12, 2014 at 6:01 PM
    • cheap stay on maui possible?

Maui Mar 11, 2014 at 12:30 PM

does anyone know the cheapest possible place to stay on maui. i am very attracted to go there, however i find only relatively expensive places on the web.
      thx

5 Answers Mar 11, 2014 at 3:57 PM
    • Saar123's Profile Photo

One week in Maui, Kihei as a base?

Maui Jan 14, 2014 at 3:06 PM

Hi,

I will be in Maui for one week during the month of may.
      I am thinking about starting in Kihei and use it as a kind of "base" to explore the rest of the island.
      Is this a good idea?
      What are the must-see's and must-do's on Maui?

Thanks!!

6 Answers Mar 2, 2014 at 10:25 PM