Maui

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Mountain Riders Bike Tours

Maui Apr 7, 2014 at 10:53 AM

Thinking of going on the Mountain Riders Sunrise Bike Tour, the day after we arrive, figure early pick-up (ie 2-3am)won't be too hard as we haven't adjusted to island time change. Anyways, reviews seem good and bad. We have three kids, aged 16, 14 and 11. Do you feel they will be okay on this tour? Will bikes be the appropriate size for them? Any opinions or helpful tips greatly appreciated. Thxs!!!

more
    • Traveling to Kihei

Kihei Apr 7, 2014 at 7:41 PM

My wife and I plus our 23 and 18 year old sons will be in Kihei for holidays. Any suggestions on what (or not) to see and do? The same for restaurants? Thanks

more
    • Road to Hana in reverse

Maui Apr 7, 2014 at 7:18 PM

I have read it is a good idea to drive straight to the pools, then do the road in reverse. I don't know if this is a stupid question, but will I still be able to use the Road to Hana CD? Or will it be complicated, I don't want to miss anything.

more
    • Maui vs Oahu

Maui Mar 21, 2014 at 7:55 PM

I am 30 and my husband is 34. We have an 11 year old daughter and can't decide between Maui or Oahu for August. Please help!

more
    • Traveling to Kihei

Kihei Apr 7, 2014 at 7:41 PM

My wife and I plus our 23 and 18 year old sons will be in Kihei for holidays. Any suggestions on what (or not) to see and do? The same for restaurants? Thanks

3 Answers Apr 8, 2014 at 9:37 AM
    • Road to Hana in reverse

Maui Apr 7, 2014 at 7:18 PM

I have read it is a good idea to drive straight to the pools, then do the road in reverse. I don't know if this is a stupid question, but will I still be able to use the Road to Hana CD? Or will it be complicated, I don't want to miss anything.

4 Answers Apr 8, 2014 at 4:47 PM
    • Mountain Riders Bike Tours

Maui Apr 7, 2014 at 10:53 AM

Thinking of going on the Mountain Riders Sunrise Bike Tour, the day after we arrive, figure early pick-up (ie 2-3am)won't be too hard as we haven't adjusted to island time change. Anyways, reviews seem good and bad. We have three kids, aged 16, 14 and 11. Do you feel they will be okay on this tour? Will bikes be the appropriate size for them? Any opinions or helpful tips greatly appreciated. Thxs!!!

1 Answer Apr 7, 2014 at 10:56 AM
    • Maui vs Oahu

Maui Mar 21, 2014 at 7:55 PM

I am 30 and my husband is 34. We have an 11 year old daughter and can't decide between Maui or Oahu for August. Please help!

70 Answers Mar 29, 2014 at 8:26 AM
    • goat hunting

Haleakala National Park Mar 12, 2014 at 4:45 PM

how is the goat hunting on the mountain these days

3 Answers Mar 12, 2014 at 6:01 PM
    • cheap stay on maui possible?

Maui Mar 11, 2014 at 12:30 PM

does anyone know the cheapest possible place to stay on maui. i am very attracted to go there, however i find only relatively expensive places on the web.
      thx

5 Answers Mar 11, 2014 at 3:57 PM
    • Saar123's Profile Photo

One week in Maui, Kihei as a base?

Maui Jan 14, 2014 at 3:06 PM

Hi,

I will be in Maui for one week during the month of may.
      I am thinking about starting in Kihei and use it as a kind of "base" to explore the rest of the island.
      Is this a good idea?
      What are the must-see's and must-do's on Maui?

Thanks!!

6 Answers Mar 2, 2014 at 10:25 PM
    • acebruin's Profile Photo

Traveling With a Toddler

Maui Jan 7, 2014 at 3:48 PM

We're traveling with a 2 year old to Maui for about a week and a half next week. Any suggestions on what to do / what to visit with a toddler? We'll be renting a car the whole time we're there. We're staying in Kihei.

Also how hard is it to find a baby sitter for a couple of hours there? Would they come to our condo? Or we have to drop her off at a day care? Are the baby sitters trust worthy? Please advise.

Thanks guys.

4 Answers Jan 8, 2014 at 4:44 PM
    • Surfing and Nightlife

Lahaina Dec 22, 2013 at 1:03 PM

I am taking my two son's to Lahaina, or thinking of doing so. They want to learn how to surf and then of course they want some active nightlife. Can anyone tell me if there is good surfing and nightlife there?

7 Answers Feb 3, 2014 at 12:20 PM
    • Sheraton v Westin Maui (Ka'analpai)

Maui Sep 30, 2013 at 5:31 PM

I've been doing research for our honeymoon for a while now and have narrowed down my selection to these 2 hotels. It seems that currently Sheraton reviews rate higher due to room renovations and expansion of the hotel. However the negative reviews currently on the Westin seem to be a result of them undergoing renovations. So I guess my question is does anyone know what renovations the Westin is undertaking? Will they be finished by June 2014? And with room renovations complete would this make the Westin your preferred hotel? Thanks!

5 Answers Oct 1, 2013 at 5:36 PM
    • irvbur's Profile Photo

Transportaion on Maui

Maui Aug 13, 2013 at 3:32 PM

We'll be taking an NCL cruise and have a free day in Maui. Is there a free, or inexpensive way to get to Lahaina from the cruise port?

13 Answers Aug 14, 2013 at 3:25 PM
    • JeffW32's Profile Photo

Safe Snorkeling?

Hana Jun 22, 2013 at 1:08 PM

Ive been reading about the waters near Hana are infested with sharks and jelly fish. Is this true? Is there any safe place to snorkel near Hana?

1 Answer Jun 22, 2013 at 2:03 PM
    • The Whaler on Kaanapali Beach

Maui Apr 21, 2013 at 12:51 PM

Unit 962 has anyone stayed in this unit?

6 Answers May 28, 2013 at 9:54 PM
    • ghost tours?

Maui Apr 9, 2013 at 8:41 PM

When we vacationed in oahu we went on a ghost tour that to my surprise was a lot of fun. In july we will be visiting Maui and i havent been able to find any ghost tours. Does Maui offer tours like this?

2 Answers May 17, 2013 at 10:53 AM
    • sylv2's Profile Photo

Hana

Maui Mar 23, 2013 at 1:31 AM

I have noticed during my research that Hana seems to be a must visit spot. Research also tells me it is a big day. Is too much for one day? And a very important consideration for me are there guard rails along the side of the road on the steep parts. I ask because on a trip to Yosemite a couple of years ago there wasn't and the drop was spectacular! Very unnerving! Ha ha especially when you drive on the wrong side of the road!!
      We are spending 6 nights on Maui and 5 in Honolulu. That uses up my 2 weeks school vacation time to the full. I am sure we will want to return. :)

7 Answers Mar 2, 2014 at 10:25 PM
    • sylv2's Profile Photo

Car hire

Maui Mar 9, 2013 at 8:27 PM

Hi,
      Our TA has recommended we hire a car while visiting Maui in September 2013. It seems it is an hours drive from the airport to Kaanapali. We will have come from Australia and wonder if we will feel up to driving for an hour on arrival. Also we probably do not need a car on the first or last day.
      Is it feasible to get transfers to and from the airport and pick up and drop off a hire car in or near Kaanapali?
      Thanks

9 Answers Jun 11, 2013 at 5:42 AM
    • Maui holiday accommadation

Maui Mar 3, 2013 at 9:50 AM

I am travelling to Maui on honeymoon at the end of October. Ideally looking for a smart apartment /condo . I am not sure why on the island is good. Would like a central location for bars resturants beach etc . Any suggestions.

5 Answers Mar 4, 2013 at 12:52 PM
    • accommodation

Maui Mar 2, 2013 at 8:47 PM

looking for budget accommodation in Maui in May for 4 days . We are not renting a car but are planning a couple of tours. Is there any public transport in the main area in order to get around? Also, happy for hotels or b&bs. any suggestions? Thanks

5 Answers Mar 25, 2013 at 10:58 AM
    • PamRay's Profile Photo

Things to Do in Lahaina

Lahaina Mar 1, 2013 at 9:49 AM

Any suggestions please, we will be there from 21st March to 28th March for our 20th wedding anniversary, we would like to go somewhere nice for dinner on the 27th, also any other suggestions would be great, Thanks

6 Answers Mar 2, 2014 at 10:25 PM
    • Keonehe' ehe' e hiking trail start altitude too high?

Haleakala National Park Jan 26, 2013 at 9:25 AM

I understand that the keonehe' ehe' e trailhead is just a short distance from the lookout point, at 9700 ft. My wife had trouble with altitude sickness hiking in Lake Tahoe (7k ft?) so do you guys think this trailhead would be too high for her?
      Is their any trail into the crater that has less elevation?

4 Answers Mar 13, 2014 at 8:00 PM
    • Green_Frog's Profile Photo

Visit to Oahu with either Maui or the Big Island... which one???

Maui Nov 20, 2012 at 3:25 AM

We are planning a holiday to Hawaii and hope to get some suggestions on the choise of islands to visit. We are hoping to spend 5 nights on Waikiki - Oahu with 3 nights on either Maui or the Big Island.

We love the beach, nature walk, waterfalls and of course the opportunity to see a volcano is very tempting as we've never seen this. I hope you can give me some feedback to make this choice a little easier.

2 Answers Mar 2, 2014 at 10:25 PM
    • madmomma89's Profile Photo

Easy travel between islands

Maui Oct 25, 2012 at 9:00 AM

I will be arriving in Maui for the beginning of my week long vacation in Hawaii. I want to travel from there to Oahu for a couple of days, then on to Kauai for the last 4 days. I'd like to hear about traveling from island to island - boat? - plane? Recommendations?

9 Answers Oct 27, 2012 at 2:43 PM
    • First time in Maui!

Maui Oct 17, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Hello everyone!

This is my boyfriends and I first trip down to Maui and was hoping for some suggestions! We're heading down November 11th and heading out November 21st.. So ten nights in total!

We're young hippies at heart from Vancouver, BC, Canada. We're outdoorsy, social, like more local not to touristy areas, good food and live music. My boyfriend is a musician so it would be cool to check out some live music venues. I personally am a chef and would love to get a hold of tradition must eat hawaiian food. Looking for some of the best beaches around and where to get delicious drinks/nightlife too!

One of our friends lives in Hana and has a place for us to stay for a few nights. Our friend also has camping gear for us so we were looking to head out camping somewhere as well. It would be awesome if there was some sort of day hike to an area you can camp in. We rented a jeep too so we'll have access to the road the entire time we're there as well.

3 Answers Oct 18, 2012 at 6:58 PM
    • Maui & Oahu first time ever

Maui Aug 25, 2012 at 7:12 PM

Hi,
      Traveling next summer to Hawaii with two teens, pre college trip.
      Thinking we will do 5 days in Maui, I've been told SO much to do there,
      then finishing up in Oahu 4 days at the Disney Resort Aulani, we are DVC members. I have heard Oahu is more relaxing/less to do?

Where is the best resort to stay on Maui for 2 active teens.We def. want to do the Haleaka sunrise ride, snorkel, maybe a hike?? Condo or Hotel?

What airline flies from Maui to Oahu? Wondering if this will be hard to do logistically? Any advice appreciated.

5 Answers Oct 10, 2012 at 2:03 PM
    • martine05's Profile Photo

Has Anyone Used Perfect Escapes for Hawaiian reservations?

Maui Aug 8, 2012 at 12:47 PM

I am doing research for a trip to Hawaii in September. Has anyone used the company/website Perfect Escapes for reservations? I haven't been able to find reviews on a Google search so thought I would check in here. Thank you in advance for any comments!

2 Answers Aug 10, 2012 at 3:30 PM
    • Is Advance booking required for Mauii activities ???

Maui Aug 5, 2012 at 12:23 PM

We are a group of 11 adults travelling to Maui around the September long weekend ( 8/29 - 9/4). Can someone please suggest if we need to book for tours/activities like luaus, para-sailing , jet-ski, Haleakala sunrise tour in advance or can we purchase them after going to the island . Few of my friends have suggested that usually one can get better deals on these after going to island and are cheaper rather than booking them online/in advance. But my concern is since we are such a huge group , don't want to be in a situation where after going there either there is no availability or the tours end up being more costly than online purchase .

Also please suggest on the activities that have to be booked in advance and ones that can be done after going to the island .
      Please Helppppp !!!!

1 Answer Aug 5, 2012 at 1:17 PM
    • martine05's Profile Photo

maui weather

Maui Jul 31, 2012 at 1:12 PM

We were getting ready to confirm reservations at the Maui Sheraton just after Labor Day. A friend insists that the weather is extremely hot at this time of the year. Any thoughts from seasoned Maui travelers? Thanks in advance for your response!

11 Answers Aug 3, 2012 at 9:29 PM
    • cmillard's Profile Photo

Catering for pu pus

Maui May 17, 2012 at 1:54 PM

Aloha everyone,
      We will be heading to Maui for my daughter's wedding next weekend. Yeah! I would like to invite everyone over to our condo on our first night for champagne and pu pus. Can anyone suggest a place in the Kihei area where I could order a few pu pus to share with my family and guests? We don't need anything fancy, just some trays of nibbles to have with their champagne. (i.e. shrimp wings, veggies, fruit, etc.) I checked out Safeway, but their appies didn't look too appealing. Any suggestions where we can order ahead and pick up or have them delivered. Mahalo,

Mickey

2 Answers May 17, 2012 at 3:39 PM
    • bug repellent

Maui May 11, 2012 at 8:51 AM

Anybody have any suggestions for deetfree bug repellent that worked while in Maui?

4 Answers May 12, 2012 at 4:06 AM
    • Renting A Car/Airport Transfers

Maui Apr 16, 2012 at 12:50 PM

I was initially going to book airport transfers from OGG to Hyatt Regeny Maui which totted up to about £80 return for the both of us.

I then saw that you can hire a little car for our 6 night stay for £130 so it looked like a good option, allowing us to travel around the island for our stay.

I then start reading about all these scams for car hire, additional costs, deposits, fuel surcharges etc.

I'm now confused as what to do. I'd like to rent a car if not's that much more than transfers, happy to pay for any damage we unlikely cause but do not want to get ripped off.

Can anybody give me a steer, I've never rented a car abroad before. I know how to refuse upgrades etc but what insurance and extras do I actually need (UK Resident) and what is the likely damage deposit likely to be?

11 Answers Apr 24, 2012 at 11:18 PM