Maui Travel Answers

change location

Maui holiday accommadation

by Vpestelly Online Now Mar 3, 2013 at 9:50 AM

I am travelling to Maui on honeymoon at the end of October. Ideally looking for a smart apartment /condo . I am not sure why on the island is good. Would like a central location for bars resturants beach etc . Any suggestions.

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • travelgourmet's Profile Photo

Re: Maui holiday accommadation

by travelgourmet Online Now Mar 3, 2013 at 2:18 PM

Aloha. In the Kaanapali area is the El Dorado condos. Wonderful location overlooking the Black Rock at the Sheraton Maui to the left and the great beach beyond the golf course with a view of Lanai and the Royal Lahaina Resort to the right. It is centered for restaurants, night entertainment and the Whaloers Village for shopping. Lahaina is only a few miles to the south and you can take a trolley around. Wonderful condos. Not only is Maui, :No Ka 'Oi, so are the El Dorado Condos. Happy Honeymoon. See: outriggermauieldoradocondo.c...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Jamesr3939's Profile Photo

by Jamesr3939 Online Now Mar 3, 2013 at 7:23 PM

Kannapalli Alii is the only choice in my opinion. Great location close to action but like having your own condo away from the hub bub. Look at vrbo for places as renting direct can be expensive.

• Re: Maui holiday accommadation

by Aussie_Tink Online Now Mar 3, 2013 at 10:45 PM

I am also interested in accommodation options as I will be travelling to Maui at the beginning of November for my honeymoon :)

• Roadquill's Profile Photo

by Roadquill Online Now Mar 4, 2013 at 12:05 PM

If you want a resort area where there are condos to rent as well as shopping, restos bars, Kaanapali is nice, and very close to Lahaina which has more of a buzz in the evening as best as Maui has. I wouldn't call Maui a night life place. I like visiting Lahaina for a day, but I personally don't like the resort mentality. The Black Rock beach by the Sheraton is great beach, but usually there are many, many people, kids, etc. I prefer the SE side of the Island my Kihei. It is more laid back and has more open, relaxing beaches. There are still plenty of bars and restos in Kihei and you always have the resorts in Wailea. For higher end stay I like to go further SE to Makena. You can find find nice apartment/condos in VRBO on places like Ekahi in Wailea. I have friends that rent for what I consider unbelievably low prices. There are many cool areas to visit on Maui, which is why I stay in the more centralized Kihie area. Enjoy, Karl

• travelgourmet's Profile Photo

by travelgourmet Online Now Mar 4, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Aloha, not to disagree with the other VTers, but on a honeymoon the price of a condo. cheap vs a $30.00 a night difference, can make all the difference. It is your Honeymoon. Something to remember your entire life. The El Dorado is my choice because when you decide to go out, the beach to the north of the Black Rock is mostly barren of people. It is twice as wide in front of the El Dorado as the Hotel Row of Ka' anapali's beach and the sand and seashore is flat to allow fun in the water without dropping off. Go 50 yards out and a reef allows great snorkeling. Price wise, at the moment the going rate for a garden view is $149 per night, but with special rates including AAA, the prices start at $125 per night for a deluxe condo in the action center of Maui. but private and secluded unto itself. To each his own, but for me the Ka'anapali area has the most of everything, including nightlife, Luaus, entertainment, restaurants for all tastes and a view of Lanai at sunset. Look over the Virtual Tourist Travel Guide for Maui

1 member found this helpful

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Maui Travel Answer Locations