Matsumoto Travel Answers

change location
Melanie_Putra's Profile Photo

Chuo Taxi Shuttle b/w Matsumoto and Tokyo’s Airports

by Melanie_Putra Online Now Sep 18, 2011 at 3:01 AM

Chuo Taxi Shuttle b/w Matsumoto and Tokyo’s Airports
Hi Guys,
Would anyone know how long will the journey take from Matsumoto to either Narita or Haneda with this shuttle service?
Also, what is their schedule?
Are they reliable?
Any other shuttle service between Matsumoto and Tokyo’s airports?

Thanks,
Mel

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • dru46's Profile Photo

Re: Chuo Taxi Shuttle b/w Matsumoto and Tokyo’s Airports

by dru46 Online Now Sep 18, 2011 at 8:38 AM

I took a look and I think you would be better off using the Keio/Alpico bus and Airport Limousine combo. They have discounts if you look at this page, but it is in Japanese only.

alpico.co.jp/access/ticket/n...

It's about 5500 to go to Narita, 3950 to Haneda. About 3 hours from Matsumoto to Shinjuku, and maybe another hour or so to Narita. Less than an hour to Haneda. Times will change depending on the traffic. If you try to arrive in Tokyo around the afternoon rush, you might have a little trouble. Also on Friday nights and weekend mornings and evenings. Shouldn't be too bad though.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Melanie_Putra's Profile Photo

by Melanie_Putra Online Now Sep 18, 2011 at 9:40 AM

Hi Dru46,

Catching a bus back from Matsumoto then transferring onto the limousine bus from Shinjuku to the airport... I think it will be quite stressful, no? Worrying about the traffic etc... Also, what is the limousine bus' timetable?

Original plan is to catch either the bus or Ltd Exp Azusa from Matsumoto back to Shinjuku. Stay 1 night. Then fly off the next day... I only looked at the Chuo Taxi Shuttle direct from Matsumoto to the airport incase that cuts the hassle of the traffic jam and transit stay of 1 night at Tokyo... Currently it is still cheaper if we take the bus to Shinjuku, stay the night then fly off the next day... But of cause, it will be if we take this combined package.. But I am just going to be stressed out worrying about the traffic. Plus, it will be very tiring being on the Highway bus, the Airport Limousine, then the flight back to M'sia (additional 4hrs+, I think).

Mel

• dru46's Profile Photo

by dru46 Online Now Sep 18, 2011 at 9:58 AM

I don't think the transfer itself is stressful. The Airport Limo is literally just a block (around the terminal building). They have many buses and even if you were late, they will accommodate you. It's part of the service, so if the bus is late and you miss your transfer, they should make sure you can catch the next bus. Since it is Shinjuku, and the main stop for the Airport Limo, there are lots of buses.

In terms of stress, I can't really say. Without a flight plan, it's hard to say if traffic is likely to be heavy or light.

• Melanie_Putra's Profile Photo

by Melanie_Putra Online Now Sep 18, 2011 at 11:53 PM

I know... Will get back to you once I know the flight plan. Actually I only know that I want to go in Spring. Not even sure 100% whether can make it next yr! I hope so! But at least I have researched everything!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines