Any places in Havana where I should look to meet up with other interesting world travelers and Expats while I'm there in February (2016)?
Also, anyone know where in Havana I can watch FCB (Barcelona futbol team) play? Any sports bars or futbol cafes?
we are planning a trip from trinidad to vinales. it take 2 days by viazul bus due to bus schedule and must pass through havana. so we are looking for other options that include stops in places along the way.
any suggestions for points of interests on the way?
any suggestions about transport that dont include renting a car?
Hola everyone. My two girlfriends and I are planning on travelling to Cuba in November. We have had trouble finding accommodation there. Does anyone have suggestions for where to stay. We are looking Havana and Trinidad. Much as Gracie's in advance. Tricia
Going to Cuba in February on an organized volunteer mission (Jakera) flying out of Tijuana with AeroMexico - who were totally unhelpful on the phone, - so I need help!
1. Tourist card/visa - they said I get it at the airport. True? At the airline, where? How much?
2. Shuttle or "la Puente" to the TIJ airport from San Diego - how do I get it, where, etc. Time to get from SD to TIJ on it?
3. Water - safe or filtered or bottled available? Should I guy a filtered water bottle prior to going? Suggestions?
4. Money Exchange - Cuba charges 10% on U.S. Funds to exchange in Cuba. Should I exchange some money in TIJ before my flight (fees to be considered) and keep some U.S. Funds for emergency or if needed. Would the exchange rates work in my favor or against me - considering Cuba's 10% fee and Mexican exchange rates. I'm lost.
5. TIPPING and BEGGING - Also, should I get a few CUPs in change to give the kiddies? Is tipping expected, how much to give a begging kid? Will I need CUPs for buses or other local stuff?
Thanks so much for any advice.
We're 2 retired women, US Citizens, staying in Mexico. We'd like to go to Cuba for 10 days. Understand it's not sanctioned by US gov't, but also know many people do it. Please give us some advice on how to proceed. We will be returning to Mexico.
|All reports are strictly confidential. Please explain why you are reporting this:|