Massamá

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Sintra to capuchos convent

Sintra Aug 17, 2014 at 12:10 PM

How do get from sintra to capuchos convent and not take a taxi?
      Thanks,
      Kathy and Jack

more
    • are the shops open on a sunday

Cascais Aug 17, 2014 at 3:15 AM

are the shops open on a sunday

more
    • Bike hire estoril or caiscais

Cascais Aug 13, 2014 at 11:08 AM

Is it possible to hire bikes in estoril or caiscais?

more
    • first time to ericeira

Ericeira Jul 27, 2014 at 12:38 PM

Are there many restaurants and bars in the village?

more
    • 7 Colinas travel card

Lisbon Jul 25, 2014 at 6:47 AM

Hi
      I would like to know as I will be in Lisbon for 1 week, if the Colinas card is my best option, I will be hoping to use most of the transport that is available. I just wanted to know if I can put the 7 days on the card at the beginning so it is more convenient for checking through scanners etc or is there a better travel pass for this. I have read about a zapping system but I am not quite sure how it works?, do I have to keep checking this in case it has run out of money?, would not want to be stuck while traveling this way. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
      Annmarie

more
    • Where to stay?

Lisbon Jul 26, 2014 at 12:18 AM

Hi, myself and some of my girlfriends are planning on coming to Lisbon in February for my 30th. I'm not sure where to stay, though - I've found a really nice apartment in Bairro Alto but I'm very put off by the noise I've been reading about - we want to go out and enjoy ourselves in the evenings, but I like peace and quiet at night when I'm sleeping! Where would you recommend we stay? Baixa? Somewhere else? Or is the noise overrated?

more
    • Way to determine tram/bus stops

Lisbon Jul 21, 2014 at 9:14 AM

I was curious to find out if anyone knows of a web site that shows exactly where the tram 28 and tram 15 stops. I've looked at the Carris description of the stops, but they only go so far in giving me the exact information I need to determine how to navigate to a particular place once I get off the tram (or bus, if that's what I'm taking). I've started using the routing system on Carris (forget what it's called) and that also helps me a bit, but I would love to find a map that shows the exact tram (and bus stops) if possible. For major places, like Rossio, the spider maps help, but I don't think there are spider maps for each place I want to go.

I'm not very good at navigating in a new city, so I need all the help I can get. I also like to have my route somewhat planned out ahead of time, to save time and frustration, and lessen the chances of being pickpocketed, which I hear can especially be a problem around certain trams and locations in Lisbon. There really is no way to look less touristy, non-European or younger, and I can't choose to go at any other time than summer.

Obrigada/thanks!

more
    • Itinerary - 11 days mid November in & out Lisbon, would also like to work in southern Spain.

Lisbon Aug 6, 2014 at 2:54 PM

I would like to see some sights in southern Spain that I missed on a previous trip, ie Granada, Gibraltar, Tangiers.
      Is there any reliable train connections between Southern Portugal and Spain, or is rent a car the only option?

more
    • Santa Justa Lift

Lisbon Jul 31, 2014 at 6:34 AM

Hello. Curious about the Santa Justa elevator - exactly where do you enter? Is there a particular time to go to avoid a line? Will the fact that we're there on the Feast of Assumption mean it might be more crowded than usual? I've heard it may be possible to get on it up top and ride down from near the Carmo Convent rather than just up. Is this true? Would I be able to avoid a long line if I do that? Thanks for any help you can give me. I will have a 24 hour ticket that I will be using, but if the line is too terribly long I may just bag the whole idea of riding it. I know there is at least one miradouro that shows a similar view, but the Santa Justa elevator looks interesting for photography since it's so close to Carmo Convent. (Just how long does it take for a line to disappear and a person to get on the elevator, anyway? Can anyone venture a guess? How many people can it hold at a time, and how many people might be waiting on a weekend or holiday day in August, other than "a lot"?!)

more
    • Need some information on some hot clubs

by Cheelas Online Now Apr 29, 2003 at 9:49 AM

Hi My friend and I are travelling to Lisbon- Massama in June and we were wondering what are some of the hot clubs we can hit while were down there......were about 10-15 minutes from Bairro Alto, any suggestions would be great :) Many thanks in advance.

1 Answer May 7, 2003 at 5:14 AM