change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• abs87's Profile Photo

New Year's Eve & general visit

Boston Mar 22, 2014 at 9:19 PM

Hi there, I am embarking on a trip around USA, Canada, Jamaica and Cuba, just in the initial planning stages and looking to spend New Year's Eve in Boston. I am a 26 yo solo female traveller I have been to Boston once before but just did the tourist sites, this time looking to go to more local bars and hangouts meet some new people. I was thinking of arriving on the 30th December and heading off on the 2nd January.

Just looking for suggestions as to any good social spots, not into nightclubs, more bars and pubs, nothing too fancy, maybe even if there is way to find fellow travellers who may be looking to meet up and have a good night out on the town.

I would like to stay at HI Boston (any recommendations/feedback welcome) last time stayed in hotels looking for something a little more social! I know it's very early to be planning for New Year's Eve but it's an important part of my trip and want to be somewhere fun.

Thanks for your time! Abbie

more
    • 1jabbar's Profile Photo

shuttle bus from Greyhound station to Logan airport

Boston Apr 13, 2014 at 4:40 PM

Anyone tell me if there is a shuttle service from greyhound station to Logan Airport. Thank You

more
    • Should I be scared to move to Boston from South Texas alone?

Boston Apr 16, 2014 at 9:16 AM

Im a 19 year old girl from South Texas and Im not sure how I feel about moving to Boston alone. I feel excited and scared at the same time. Im still not sure where I should move in Boston. What neighborhood, or place in Boston would be best suited for me? The cost of living sort of scares me as well. Its a lot to get used to.

more
    • travel pam

Boston Apr 8, 2014 at 1:34 AM

what about renting a car? Should I rent a car or just use public transit system? I will be flying into Logan Airport and staying at a downtown hotel

more
    • directions to childrens hospital

Boston Apr 6, 2014 at 9:24 PM

I am coming from NH to a doctors appointment at childrens hospital. Instructions have me take the Storrow Dr exit going past Fenway Park which I would like to avoid as there will be a home baseball game that day. I can only leave a half hour earlier than normal and am afraid this will not be enough extra time to make it through the game traffic. Looking for suggestions for an alternate route to the hospital.

more
    • Should I be scared to move to Boston from South Texas alone?

Boston Apr 16, 2014 at 9:16 AM

Im a 19 year old girl from South Texas and Im not sure how I feel about moving to Boston alone. I feel excited and scared at the same time. Im still not sure where I should move in Boston. What neighborhood, or place in Boston would be best suited for me? The cost of living sort of scares me as well. Its a lot to get used to.

5 Answers Apr 17, 2014 at 2:39 AM
    • 1jabbar's Profile Photo

shuttle bus from Greyhound station to Logan airport

Boston Apr 13, 2014 at 4:40 PM

Anyone tell me if there is a shuttle service from greyhound station to Logan Airport. Thank You

3 Answers Apr 14, 2014 at 8:17 PM
    • travel pam

Boston Apr 8, 2014 at 1:34 AM

what about renting a car? Should I rent a car or just use public transit system? I will be flying into Logan Airport and staying at a downtown hotel

6 Answers Apr 8, 2014 at 8:01 AM
    • directions to childrens hospital

Boston Apr 6, 2014 at 9:24 PM

I am coming from NH to a doctors appointment at childrens hospital. Instructions have me take the Storrow Dr exit going past Fenway Park which I would like to avoid as there will be a home baseball game that day. I can only leave a half hour earlier than normal and am afraid this will not be enough extra time to make it through the game traffic. Looking for suggestions for an alternate route to the hospital.

6 Answers Apr 7, 2014 at 8:23 AM
    • abs87's Profile Photo

New Year's Eve & general visit

Boston Mar 22, 2014 at 9:19 PM

Hi there, I am embarking on a trip around USA, Canada, Jamaica and Cuba, just in the initial planning stages and looking to spend New Year's Eve in Boston. I am a 26 yo solo female traveller I have been to Boston once before but just did the tourist sites, this time looking to go to more local bars and hangouts meet some new people. I was thinking of arriving on the 30th December and heading off on the 2nd January.

Just looking for suggestions as to any good social spots, not into nightclubs, more bars and pubs, nothing too fancy, maybe even if there is way to find fellow travellers who may be looking to meet up and have a good night out on the town.

I would like to stay at HI Boston (any recommendations/feedback welcome) last time stayed in hotels looking for something a little more social! I know it's very early to be planning for New Year's Eve but it's an important part of my trip and want to be somewhere fun.

Thanks for your time! Abbie

1 Answer Mar 23, 2014 at 4:39 AM
    • worksopian56's Profile Photo

Transport to NYC

Hyannis Mar 9, 2014 at 1:05 PM

I need to get to NYC in mayfrom Hyannis.What bus options do I have?

2 Answers Mar 9, 2014 at 7:24 PM
    • worksopian56's Profile Photo

PublicTransport Boston(Braintree) to Hyannis /Cape Cod

Boston Mar 9, 2014 at 1:03 PM

What is a good easy way to get from Braintree in Boston to Hyannis?

4 Answers Mar 9, 2014 at 7:33 PM
    • progressiverock's Profile Photo

Where to stay in Norwood?

Norwood Feb 19, 2014 at 4:50 AM

I will be staying in Norwood between 10 March and 14 May 2014. Is it possible to find a temporary rental (1 bdr, 1 bathroom, all included and furnished).
      Thanx in advance for valuable inputs.
      Kind regards

6 Answers Mar 3, 2014 at 5:31 AM
    • Where to go??!!

Boston Feb 16, 2014 at 12:01 PM

My girlfriend and I decided that for my birthday we were going to take a train from Portland maine to boston, we are traveling to the north station, should we stick around that area? or where is the best place to stay in boston?

2 Answers Feb 16, 2014 at 12:34 PM
    • 2 weeks around Boston

Boston Feb 8, 2014 at 12:24 PM

Hi all,
      I am thinking of having a little travel in and around Boston end of July early August with my partner.
      Does anyone have any advice as where to stay/go, if it's worth hiring a car or taking public transport?

We are early to mid 20s and really enjoy an adventure with theme parks or anything fun to do that's not too expensive as well as a bit of sight seeing. Our budget will be around 2000/2500 and that's for accommodation and everything.
      We want to try anything and everything we can in 2 weeks so if anyone had any tips please share!

Thank you :)

6 Answers Feb 9, 2014 at 2:12 AM
    • Hcamper's Profile Photo

Is there enough snow for XC skiing down the cape?

Falmouth Jan 23, 2014 at 2:46 PM

Would love to head down to the cape this weekend for XC skiing? Did you get enough snow? any good places (parks, etc.) we could go xc skiing? no tracking required! Just plain skiing.
      Thanks!

1 Answer Jan 25, 2014 at 12:18 PM
    • Sarahjne's Profile Photo

Chinese New Year Celebration...

Boston Jan 20, 2014 at 8:07 PM

Hi! I was wondering if anyone knows what day is the Chinese New Year festival in Boston?
      THANKS!

2 Answers Jan 21, 2014 at 5:02 AM
    • March in Martha's Vineyard

Martha's Vineyard Jan 12, 2014 at 4:40 PM

Would it be better to bring a car or is there transportation on Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket? We are planning to spend a day on each.

2 Answers Jan 13, 2014 at 6:26 AM
    • March Travel

Martha's Vineyard Jan 11, 2014 at 1:56 PM

Is anything open in March. Wanting to vacation in Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket

1 Answer Jan 11, 2014 at 2:59 PM
    • Dek39's Profile Photo

Reasonably Priced Hotels In Boston

Boston Jan 9, 2014 at 11:06 AM

Can anybody recommend a reasonably priced hotel in Boston? We will hopefully be staying for 5 nights mid September .Thanks

29 Answers Jan 12, 2014 at 2:50 AM
    • General Passport Query

Boston Jan 3, 2014 at 5:45 PM

Hello all:

Is it okay to fly with all your passport pages exhausted? I have empty space for immigration stamping.

If it helps: I am an Indian national. I live in Boston (student visa). I plan to fly to India and come back.

6 Answers Jan 4, 2014 at 7:33 AM
    • Dek39's Profile Photo

Ferry to Salem?

Boston Jan 1, 2014 at 3:23 AM

Can you catch a ferry from Boston to Salem? We are planning a trip to New England in Spring, and love to visit Salem for the Day. We plan to spend 6 days in Boston, and was wondering if it would be an idea to visit Salem whilst staying in Boston.

5 Answers Jan 1, 2014 at 7:41 AM
    • TatianaC's Profile Photo

commuting options

South Yarmouth Dec 9, 2013 at 1:38 PM

what are my commuting options from lynn ma. 01905 to south yarmouth 1199 massachusetts?

2 Answers Dec 11, 2013 at 10:26 AM
    • Looking for travel partner in Boston area over Christmas Break...

Boston Nov 30, 2013 at 3:43 AM

I will be in the Boston area from 12/20-12/27. Thought I would see if there are other solo travelers who might want to travel to the same areas (coastal areas, Maine, tourist stuff, etc.) I'm a English teacher and have Winter Break to myself. If interested, shoot me an email at mdbx2@yahoo.com

2 Answers Nov 30, 2013 at 5:20 AM
    • Taking a limo NYC are to Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum

Boston Nov 18, 2013 at 6:52 PM

How do I arrange to take a limo or bus to Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum in Boston???

3 Answers Nov 19, 2013 at 6:19 AM
    • Visit to Salem 2014 planning stages/Help!

Salem Nov 18, 2013 at 6:36 PM

i would like to plan my vacation to Salem in October, 2014. What is the best week with events going on to visit. My boss wants dates and i have to fly so i want to book it and put in for the vaca days.

3 Answers Nov 18, 2013 at 11:04 PM
    • Boston Airport to Needham

Needham Nov 6, 2013 at 5:31 PM

What is the most cost effective way to reach West Street Needham from Boston airport at about 3pm on a weekday

2 Answers Nov 6, 2013 at 6:07 PM
    • Tour Bus/Trolley

Boston Oct 15, 2013 at 8:44 AM

I have never been to Boston. I will be passing through for one day so thought a tour bus would allow me to see quite a bit of the city?? I will have a rental car so will need to park and then be at the airport at 5:30 p.m. Do you have opinions/suggestions on this?

7 Answers Oct 15, 2013 at 1:04 PM
    • CEP1863's Profile Photo

Boston and beyond

Boston Oct 12, 2013 at 4:35 AM

Hi

I'm heading to Boston next week to celebrate my birthday. I'm spending 5 days in Boston and then hiring a car for a week to explore further afield. I definitely want to visit Salem. How long should I spend there? Where else should I head to as must explore places?

Thank you in advance for your advice

6 Answers Oct 15, 2013 at 5:32 AM
    • mccalpin's Profile Photo

Thanksgiving Dinner

Massachusetts Oct 9, 2013 at 4:22 PM

For years now, I , the Official Spousal Unit, and the MIL, have made it a point to go someplace to have Thanksgiving dinner. Why? Because of a spectacular failure one year that had the MIL swearing she was never going to do that again.

Since then, we've had T day dinner not only in various places around town (Alexandria), but twice at the Hay-Adams Hotel (across from the White House), at the Americano in San Francisco, a tavern in Colonial Williamsburg, and even in Parma (the one in Italy, yeah, turkey wasn't on the menu ;-) ).

The "girls" have decided that I need to plan this year's trip, so to finalize it, I need to determine where our T day meal will be. We are going to New England for a few days, to see perhaps, Mystic (CT), wherever the Nautilus nuclear sub is (also CT I think), Rhode Island, and Massachusetts (Boston is likely).

So my question to you is "Where is a special place to have Thanksgiving Day dinner in the New England area?" You know, someplace memorable like the list above.

Bill

10 Answers Oct 15, 2013 at 5:28 AM
    • public transport to Worcester from Boston Logan Airport

Worcester Oct 8, 2013 at 10:32 AM

I have an interview with MCPHS (worcester Campus) in the morning of 11/23/13. My plane will get to Boston late in the night of 11/22/13, and I plan to stay at a local hotel in Worcester. Can anyone please help with the best way to get to Worcester from Boston Airport using public transportation? Many thanks.

2 Answers Oct 8, 2013 at 1:52 PM
    • any haunted houses or tours to do

Plymouth Sep 19, 2013 at 1:00 PM

Im going on the dead of night ghost tour but was wondering if there is any other similar activities to do?

2 Answers Sep 26, 2013 at 12:51 PM
    • ptippen's Profile Photo

rental homes

North Eastham Sep 18, 2013 at 2:23 PM

We will be in the area for about 2 weeks starting June 20, 2014 . We will be traveling with two other couples and would like to find a rental home that could accommodate the 6 of us. Also what kind of weather should we expect and are there some activities we just cannot miss. Thanks for any suggestions
      ptippen

• transport

Boston Sep 3, 2013 at 10:08 AM

hi

looking for buses from cohassett to everett , looking for time table and cost please.
      maria

3 Answers Sep 3, 2013 at 1:11 PM
    • transport

Boston Sep 3, 2013 at 10:08 AM

hi

looking for buses from cohassett to everett , looking for time table and cost please.
      maria

2 Answers Sep 3, 2013 at 1:13 PM