Masai Mara Game Reserve Travel Answers

change location

Oloolaimutia village

by Bubfn Online Now Jun 11, 2010 at 10:34 AM

I have seen photos taken of a Masai village, Oloolaimutia village, in the Masai Mara Resrve. Does anyone know the location of this village? The siaze of the village?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: Oloolaimutia village

by leics Online Now Jun 11, 2010 at 10:58 AM

Have you seen the photographs and info about Oloolaimutia on this VT page?

"Oloolaimutia village in Masai Mara" - Masai Mara Game Reserve Travelogue by georeiser

Or perhaps you have seen photos of the Sopa Lodge resort in Oloolaimutia Valley, which is built to look like a traditional village?

sopalodges.com/masai-mara/ga...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Odinnthor's Profile Photo

Re: Oloolaimutia village

by Odinnthor Online Now Jun 11, 2010 at 8:33 PM

Hi and sopa (welcome in Masai) to VT
    The links above pretty much tell the story. Although the village is the largest in the Masai, it is not really that big. In addition, it does not look anything like the images one sees of an African plains village, as the photos in the above link will tell you. The rural villages is where the people live in the traditional "enkangs".

I can confirm Leics statement about the Sopa Lodge. It is one of the first ones built in the Masai, and it tried to emulate a village atmosphere. I can personally tell you that the Sopa is a very nice place to stay in the Masai. So are most of the other Sopa lodges for that matter. Good luck!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines