Masai Mara Game Reserve Travel Answers

change location
Pollyanna1's Profile Photo

Wildwatch Safaris

by Pollyanna1 Online Now Nov 13, 2006 at 10:51 AM

Has anyone used them for safaris to the Masai Mara or any other destination in Kenya?
Booking with them for August 2007 and would be interested in any comments.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Pollyanna1's Profile Photo

Re: Wildwatch Safaris

by Pollyanna1 Online Now Sep 16, 2007 at 10:42 AM

Ok I can now answer my own question, just in case anyone else out there is considering using this company, or I should say booking agent.
    We booked a private safari staying at the Keekorok lodge. What we got was a safari with other people in the vehicle (although I must add they were great, but it didn't have necessarily to have been the case), staying at a lodge which was in no way the same category as the Keekorok and paying an additional supplement and on top an awful lot of stress! I paid a deposit in November which I now find out was not put down against a booking at the lodge and 2 weeks before departure Wildwatch still hadn't found us accomodation. It completely ruined my build up to the trip. When we arrived at the Mara Hippo lodge where we were staying they didn't have a room for us (long story)- Ok not their fault, but they didn't even have the courtesy of turning up to a pre planned meeting in Nairobi when we returned, whereas the guy from the company they subcontracted to did. The company they subcontacted to were great(Amicabre) driver Tony was fab and Joshua at the office was most helpful when we had the problem at the Mara Hippo and gave us a partial refund for the accomodation we didn't get, when we returned.
    We loved the Mara it was great, but it would have been so much better if we had got what we had paid for. My personal advice would be don't even consider using Wildwatch Safaris, but Amicabre I would use again without hesitation.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines