I will be traveling to Dubai with a friend and I wanted to head out to see the deserts. I, however, do not want to go with a safari group. I was wondering if there was a way to head out on our own. In South America we were able to do this and it was much more worthwhile and memorable to go out on our own.
Would it be too hard to get a car and drive out? We're really just interested in seeing the desert sunrise/sunset.
I'd like to hear back from someone who has done the before.
1. place to stay? does Dubai airport has transit hotels inside it? my next day flight will be early morning at 8:30AM
2. I will be single woman traveling with no hair. :0 yes i plan on donating my hair while coming back from my native country. will i safe with no hair? should i wear a wig or headcover?
3. i want to buy gold from Gold Souq, how much should i bargain from the original price? please give me real example. i have read so many forums none of the entry stated the discount used.
4. should i pay in USD or Dubai dirhams?
5. is the city safe til late night? i.e. beyond 10PM. my flight will land at 1:30PM in dubai. by the time i get out of the airport on sunday it will be most likely 2:30PM what should i do in between before i head to gold souq.
I will be in Dubai from 10PM to 6:30PM the next day. I want to visit Burj Khalifa but I can do it only from 8:30AM. I have a lot of time at night. I search some observation deck which is open at night and give a nice view to Dubai at night :)
I recently read an online article stating that the government of RAK introduced a new law saying that bikinis on public beaches are banned. How far is that true and are there any private beached where tourists can go and swim and sunbath? Since I already booked my holidays in RAK for july, I would like to know where I could still go and enjoy the beach? And would a one piece swimsuit on a public beach be fine?
Im would like to take my netbook, hair dryer and some other electric stuffs, on my travel there. Does anyone know if i need to get a converter so i can connect the cable to electricity (the one that has now is the standard for usa, mexico and latin america ). And i have a converter for europe already. And how much will it cost ?
Thanks in advance !
VirtualTourist®© 1994-2013 VirtualTourist.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
|All reports are strictly confidential. Please explain why you are reporting this:|